X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Just got word that the Badgers landed a verbal from Benilde-St. Margarets forward Grant Besse.
    Link to MN Hockey Hub story:

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_arti...rrer_id=148514
    Operation Iraqi Freedom IV - FOB Falcon/FOB Loyalty - Baghdad, Iraq
    Operation Iraqi Freedom II - FOB Danger - Tikrit, Iraq
    Kosovo Force 4B - Camp Monteith - Gnjilane, Kosovo

Comment

Just got word that the Badgers landed a verbal from Benilde-St. Margarets forward Grant Besse.
      This kid is pretty good, 30 goals as a fr, 33 as a so, and 10 goals in 11 games so far this year (with 20 A). Baggot says he's 3 years away from UW, playing 1 yr in the USHL.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        This kid is pretty good, 30 goals as a fr, 33 as a so, and 10 goals in 11 games so far this year (with 20 A). Baggot says he's 3 years away from UW, playing 1 yr in the USHL.
        Could have read that in my article too Timothy, since it was my story.

Being serious though, the kid is a talent. I got to see him earlier in the season and had a big man crush. Kid is super smooth and makes it look effortless when he's on the ice. Really looking forward to keeping tabs on him. His team plays in a tough section but it would be nice to see them at the state tournament this year.
        Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 01-09-2012, 01:23 PM.

Comment

I'm told the Badgers have made an offer to a USHL forward in the past week. I won't post his name for the sake him not being someone that's been brought up in the past and trying to protect Wisconsin's offer. He could be a 2012 recruit but I would assume he's been offered for 2013. Could have good news soon, as many times Eaves puts timelines on these types of offers. We shall see.

Comment

I'm told the Badgers have made an offer to a USHL forward in the past week. I won't post his name for the sake him not being someone that's been brought up in the past and trying to protect Wisconsin's offer. He could be a 2012 recruit but I would assume he's been offered for 2013. Could have good news soon, as many times Eaves puts timelines on these types of offers. We shall see.
            Dammit Chuck, you tease!! That's like dangling a deep fried Snickers in front of my face.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Congrats!! Good kid on and off the ice!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                Dammit Chuck, you tease!! That's like dangling a deep fried Snickers in front of my face.
                Turns out the info was wrong. Wisconsin didn't make an offer (on the unidentified USHL player). That's another reason why I didn't post a name.

Moving on...

Comment

Tim Davison's brother Luke is starting to generate some recruiting interest. He's a sophomore at Notre Dame Academy. Northern Michigan is hot on his trail and UW is involved as well. No offer from UW yet, but NMU may have. More info to come later...

Comment

Who else offered Besse?

Comment

• Originally posted by diddlypoo View Post
                      Who else offered Besse?
                      He also visited Bemidji State, St Cloud State, and Colorado College per Minnesota Hockey Hub.

Comment

Could have read that in my article too Timothy, since it was my story.
                        Are you saying I should start reading the 5th Quarter and not Madison.com? Isn't that kind of like saying I should watch some AAA Nashville baseball and not the Brewers? I guess it wouldn't hurt to stick a link in my favorites.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Are you saying I should start reading the 5th Quarter and not Madison.com? Isn't that kind of like saying I should watch some AAA Nashville baseball and not the Brewers? I guess it wouldn't hurt to stick a link in my favorites.
                          Burned.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            it's been a while since I've read or heard anything on Jose Delgadillo.

last I heard he may have been hanging up his skates. instead he's working on his strength and considering 4 schools

Union, Ohio State, Bowling Green and one other I don't recall.

good luck to him!

The other one would be Western Michigan. I really don't think he needs a strength coach, but just needs to change his mentality in the defensive zone.

Comment

Delgadillo commited to Bowling Green last week for those who were talking about him.

Comment

Solid showing in the NHL mid-term scouting for the 2012 Draft.

#27-F Nic Kerdiles
                                #47-D Jake McCabe
                                #104-F Morgan Zulinick

I know McCabe isn't a recruit, I don't want to break any unwritten USCHO posting requirements for a recruiting thread.

With Wittchow already drafted last summer, the four man 2012 class is looking very impressive. It appears that Kerdiles' stock continues to rise too, which is a double edged sword. Might mean a shorter stay at UW, but hopefully he is paying attention and makes a good decision on when to leave when that time arrives. Follows Stepan and Smith, and not Kyle Turris. I'm looking forward to all these kids being Badgers next season, going to be a boost to what should already be a good offensive group at forward (assuming no early departures). Playing time will be hard to find at forward.
                                Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                                Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                                Originally posted by UWisco
                                It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Working...
                                X