X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    Not it at all. But hey, you've even admitted on Twitter that you guys only have an outside chance at landing either. Should I dig up that Tweet? By the way, you were right. In fact, you have very little chance at landing one of the two.
    In comparison to the two Wisconsin born kids I listed when in that discussion, yes...I did say they had an outside chance.

Also, for clarification, in this thread I didn't say they had a great chance to land either, just that they should be all in on both...and that you're just guessing Wisconsin has little chance.
    Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 09-27-2011, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Never said they have zero chance. Just that they have little chance. One more than the other.
      read up a bit on them. I'd say given UW's history w/Shattuck kids they've got a 50/50 chance at Cammarata (or better). the other kid is probably a future rat player, but UW should push hard for him anyway.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        read up a bit on them. I'd say given UW's history w/Shattuck kids they've got a 50/50 chance at Cammarata (or better). the other kid is probably a future rat player, but UW should push hard for him anyway.
        We shall see. I've heard Cammarata is close to making a decision. Has anyone heard if he has even visited Wisconsin? I know he has visited Minnesota (multiple times) and North Dakota.
        Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 09-27-2011, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          Also, for clarification, in this thread I didn't say they had a great chance to land either, just that they should be all in on both...and that you're just guessing Wisconsin has little chance.
          Sometimes it feels like morons flock to you on the internet for the sole purpose of putting words in your mouth.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Sometimes it feels like morons flock to you on the internet for the sole purpose of putting words in your mouth.
            What you, and Chuck, are missing is this. I never said or implied that he said they had a good chance of landing either of these recruits. In fact, I reminded him that he (not so long ago) said their chances were more remote on these recruits than others.

What I DID do is casually remark that I don't think WI has much of a chance of landing either player. I apologize that you guys decided to get so butt hurt over a simple, yet truthful, remark.
            Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 09-27-2011, 03:21 PM.

Comment

You don't think you're being a little hyperbolic?
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                You don't think you're being a little hyperbolic?
                No, I was being straight forward. Sorry I didn't sugar coat it for you.

Comment

Love the reading comprehension skills of ScoobyDoo on Gopher Puck Live.

My quote of:
                  "If I were him I'd be all in on Hudson Fasching or Taylor Cammarata for 2013 as we'll only bring in a couple forwards in that class."
                  Apparently translates to:
                  "If you read the Wisconsin Recruiting thread on USCHO they expect to have a better than 50/50 shot at Cammarata."
                  AND
                  "They say they're going after Cammarata and Fasching full bore."
                  Talk about twisting someones words around.
                  Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 09-28-2011, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• I think he was referring to this comment...

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Comment

I think he was referring to this comment...
                      Ahhhhh.....missed that post. Insert foot in mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        No prob. Sorry if my original post was a little snarky. Didn't intend it to be that way.

Comment

Recruits seasons are starting to kick off...here is where all of the Wisconsin verbals are playing this weekend.

Nic Kerdiles (NTDP U18)-@ University of Michigan (Monday)
                          Kevin Schulze (Muskegon, USHL)-Start next week (10/7)
                          Corbin McGuire (Springfield, EJHL)-@ Bay State (Sat & Sun)
                          Morgan Zulinick (Salmon Arm, BCHL)-@ Coquitlam (Fri), Chilliwack (Sat)
                          Tim Davison (Team Wisconsin)-vs Shattuck (Sat), vs Team Northwest (Sat), Team Northeast (Sun)-GAMES IN STEVENS POINT
                          Jake Linhart (Chicago Mission U16)-Compuware Tournament (Detroit)

As of right now 2013 goalie recruit Gabe Grunwald is MIA. Which is not good news.

Comment

I think he was referring to this comment...
                            guilty. but why wouldn't I think UW would have a 50/50 or better shot at Cammarata? Eaves' history w/Schattuck kids is well documented
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              guilty. but why wouldn't I think UW would have a 50/50 or better shot at Cammarata? Eaves' history w/Schattuck kids is well documented
                              Here's what I know on the Cammarata situation.

1. He grew up a HUGE Gopher hockey fan. And there was recently this ....

And even though the season at Shattuck’s is finished, the pair is still on the ice, this time as members of the ITR 26ers. The team, run by Buffalo Sabres star and former Minnesota Golden Gopher Thomas Vanek, plays several tourneys in the summer and acts as a bridge between seasons. One bonus of playing for the 26ers is the chance to grab some face time with Vanek himself and get some expert advice on how to develop as a player.

"After the NHL season, he comes and helps run the camp,” Cammarata said. “He said he really liked going to the University of Minnesota and he really likes the college route.”

Which, for a Minnesota kid like Cammarata, is generally the path taken. While the skilled pivot hasn’t chosen a college yet, he did say he wouldn’t mind staying close to home.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...Cammarata.html

2. He is good friends with Vinni Lettieri. Not only was the Lettieri commitment good for the Gophers because he is a great player, but it has already paid dividends because he is such a well liked kid amongst his peers. He already helped the Gophers land Geurtler, and I assume it can't hurt the Gophers' chances of landing Cammarata.

3. However, the biggest reason I don't see him ending up at Wisconsin is this. He has already visited Minnesota at least a few times, and recently visited North Dakota. I have heard from a few sources that he is very close to making a decision. Maybe he has, but I haven't heard of a visit to Wisconsin by Cammarata. If they want a chance, they better get moving.

There are a few other things that I have heard (but cannot confirm so I don't feel comfortable divulging here) that give me the impression that his decision will come down to Minnesota or North Dakota and Minnesota is the heavy favorite.

Comment

Love the reading comprehension skills of ScoobyDoo on Gopher Puck Live.
                                *sigh*
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X