Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clarkson coaching search

Originally posted by kthayer View Post
    Apparently they offered the job to former player and Clagary Flame Craig Conroy and he turned it down. I never even heard his named mentioned as a possible candidate. I love Conroy, but I'd like to see them take somebody with some coaching experience. Personally I'd love to see Morris come back and if not Mark then Rolston would be a great selection.
    I hope Rolston with no regrets, he is a future legendary college coach for whoever gets him to be HC.

Comment

Per today's Knights Tales: http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/section/knightstales

Finalists
      Rolston
      Jones

Offered, but declined
      Leaman
      Conroy

And this:
      There is a possibility that Clarkson could have to go through this process all over again on the women’s side as co-coaches Matt and Shannon Desrosiers have interviewed for the vacant Ohio State head coaching position.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

You left out Frank Anzalone on the offered, but declined. Wasn't the right fit for Frank and there are bigger and better things ahead for the coaching legend.

Thanks to the folks at Clarkson for the offer and best of luck in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
          Truthsquad.......these posts about Crazy Frank.......they're a joke, right???
          I used to think so...but if it is they have kept it going for a while. And there are actually 2 people (truth squad and truth serem) who post pretty much the same stuff over and over. Greatest part is that they accuse anyone who doesnt show blind loyalty to Frank of being a hater and that we must all love the current coach (who all but like 2 posters have said should have been fired long ago). Their brand of crazy used to be isolated to the current and previous lake state threads. Sorry you have had to witness this awful trolling. It is kind of funny thought to hear them repeat over and over that a team that never won more than 9 games in a season for 4 straight years would somehow be on top again if Frank would not have been fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
            I used to think so...but if it is they have kept it going for a while. And there are actually 2 people (truth squad and truth serem) who post pretty much the same stuff over and over. Greatest part is that they accuse anyone who doesnt show blind loyalty to Frank of being a hater and that we must all love the current coach (who all but like 2 posters have said should have been fired long ago). Their brand of crazy used to be isolated to the current and previous lake state threads. Sorry you have had to witness this awful trolling. It is kind of funny thought to hear them repeat over and over that a team that never won more than 9 games in a season for 4 straight years would somehow be on top again if Frank would not have been fired.
            If it's "truth (5-letter-word)"... don't you get the idea that it's the same person?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              If it's "truth (5-letter-word)"... don't you get the idea that it's the same person?
              Oh yeah, Im convinced it is. Its just funny that they would make 2 names so similar and with the same exact arguments. They arent very bright.

Comment

Truthsquad......unfortunately, I know too much "behind the scenes" stuff that Crazy Frank has done and there's no way I'd want my kind to play for him. He has had serious "issues" everywhere he's gone and is a ticking timebomb. He is marginal at the minor pro level, but shouldn't be allowed to coach at the D1 college level again. He knows his X's & O's as long as he doesn't lose it on the bench. I'm happy he won't be coaching at my alma mater!!!

Comment

Hey Mr Truth, if Frank is such a great coach and great guy, why did Cappy fire him at PeeDee 13 games into the season after he went 47-18-5? And don't say it was because Capuano didn't know what he was doing. Capuano won 51 games the season before he brought Frank in.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by cooperalls
                    This guy has no idea what he is talking about. He is the worst sports columnist up in that area. He reads these boards and puts what he finds from rumors in his articles. What a joke! Also Frank Anzalone won those National Titles when there weren't any rules for recruiting. Has had a hard time keeping up with the changes to the hockey culture if you asked me. Clarkson needs someone who is going to come in and be able to win right out of the gate. Morris is the one guy who could probably do that!
                    All that would make a better argument if things I put up had not come before people on message boards started talking about them

Comment

It is said that Morris is still interested. I mean come on...his hometown and family are twenty minutes away from the Clarkson Campus.
                      Clarkson Golden Knights
                      Bonesaw Brigade
                      LET's GO TECHERS!!!!!
                      SLU(t)

Comment

Clarkson just chose Casey Jones

Comment

Originally posted by CapCWDT View Post
                          Casey's been a fantastic recruiter since coming back to Cornell -- our next recruiting class has been described by Schafer as the best he's ever had. I'm sorry to see him go and Clarkson's getting a good one.
                          Cornell '01

Comment

Cue the morons singing "Casey Jones" by the Grateful Dead at Tech's new coach.
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by CapCWDT View Post
                              Great hire IMHO. I think Ohio State needed a complete change in philosophy when they hired Mark Osiecki (and I'm glad they did) but Casey is a class act and I would not have been disappointed if he had been the choice. Great guy.

Comment

Great choice. High energy and knows the lay of the land. Get ready for some incoming talent!
                                OSU - we got nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X