Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech Coach Search, Part II: Only We Would Need a Second Thread

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Wow, I haven't seen sandbagging like that since the last time the river rose in Grand Forks.
    So, last week?
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I never thought we'd find and kill Osama Bin Laden before Michigan Tech found their new coach...sigh
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        I never thought we'd find and kill Osama Bin Laden before Michigan Tech found their new coach...sigh
        I know, I was certain Obama called that address last night to announce the new Tech coach.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          Russell did it in what, two years? This team isn't worse off than when he took over.
          Four

But your second statement is also correct.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
            excellent point. He's betraying a stunning lack of self confidence. .500 shouldn't be that lofty of a goal. seriously.
            Russell did it in what, two years? This team isn't worse off than when he took over.
            Try 4 years. Tech hasn't had enough wins in their last THREE years to reach a .500 season. I would say it's fairly lofty, especially in the WCHA. Win totals of 10,12,15,18 aren't unrealistic over the next four years and would be the jumps necesary to reach .500. I would say he's being pretty realistic; it's not like he's bringing a team with him. He's essentially saying he needs at least two years of recruiting to even have a chance; throw in the fact that even if the recruiting classes are good, they're going to be freshman and sophomores in year three, hence the extra year or two.
            Last edited by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS; 05-02-2011, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
              Try 4 years. Tech hasn't had enough wins in their last THREE years to reach a .500 season. I would say it's fairly lofty, especially in the WCHA. Win totals of 10,12,15,18 aren't unrealistic over the next four years and would be the jumps necesary to reach .500. I would say he's being pretty realistic; it's not like he's bringing a team with him. He's essentially saying he needs at least two years of recruiting to even have a chance; throw in the fact that even if the recruiting classes are good, they're going to be freshman and sophomores in year three, hence the extra year or two.
              FWIW, it took Seth Appert four years at RPI to reach .500, and that is in the ECAC.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                small news.

Dean Blais did indeed visit campus. guess we already knew that.
                Pearson apparently thinks it would take 3-5 years to get the program to .500 hockey.

Suzanne was at the convention. as was Damon Whitten.

more interviews coming.

the "list", first put up by Shirtless, is accurate. some puzzlement in the admin as to how this was known.

nothing else.
                When did Blais visit?
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

It seems to me that their top candidates now are USHL coaches...the 4 remaining USHL coaches are probably the best candidates in that league...
                  Mark Carlson - Ceder Rapids (Played at UML, Assistant at UML & Northeastern)
                  Kevin Hartzell - Sioux Falls (Played at Minneosta)
                  Jim Montgomery - Dubuque (Played at Maine, Assistant at Notre Dame and RPI)
                  Erid Rud - Green Bay (Played at CC, Assistant at CC and SCSU)
                  MTU is going to give it to Eric Rud just ask Chuck Schwartz.
                  Last edited by yooper(UP) hockey; 05-03-2011, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post

more interviews coming.
                    Who?????????

Comment

Originally posted by flashy man View Post
                      i know, i was certain obama called that address last night to announce the new tech coach.
                      lol!!
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I wouldn't ask chuck schwartz to feed my dog let alone tell me who was getting the job.

I'm sure there will be a few more interviews. Personally I don't care if this is a name guy as long as he is a really good coach who can really recruit and gets a great assistant on with him.
                        And I disagree that it will take three to five years, Though who knows, college hockey could be a lot different in three years. The fact that we suddenly have some money will be real good down the road.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          Personally I don't care if this is a name guy .....
                          I think all the big names have gone by the wayside by now Blais, Eades, Pearson, and Hastings.

Not less they dig a needle out of the haystack.

Which is still possible. I have utmost confidence in the AD to pull that needle out the haystack.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
                            Who?????????
                            Fred Pletsch!
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

It seems to me that their top candidates now are USHL coaches...the 4 remaining USHL coaches are probably the best candidates in that league...
                              Mark Carlson - Ceder Rapids (Played at UML, Assistant at UML & Northeastern)
                              Kevin Hartzell - Sioux Falls (Played at Minneosta)
                              Jim Montgomery - Dubuque (Played at Maine, Assistant at Notre Dame and RPI)
                              Erid Rud - Green Bay (Played at CC, Assistant at CC and SCSU)
                              Bring two(2) USHL head coaches in and have them as Associate Head Coaches and pay them well. They can recruit and they are winners.

They know the USHL well which is the top junior league in the US.

Two USHL Head coaches are equal to Dean Blais as a head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                                Doesn't she know her alumni well?
                                You would only hope so....................

Comment

Working...
                                X