Hamilton College coaching vacancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton College coaching vacancy

I found this over on the D-I board. It looks like Norm Bazin is leaving the Continentals to take over at UMass-Lowell.

http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_17879266
    Originally posted by zamboney
    the licence plate of the truck that just ran you over is Pioneerfan11..get well soon.
    2010-2011 Last Person Standing champion

Re: Hamilton College coaching vacancy

Originally posted by Pioneerfan11 View Post
    I found this over on the D-I board. It looks like Norm Bazin is leaving the Continentals to take over at UMass-Lowell.

http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_17879266
    Maybe this is Roll's opening to get back into D-III hockey?
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      I thought Roll was waiting for Emery to retire.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Prez

That's what we're thinking at the house. Perfect opportunity. His son play in Brockville (CHL), so they're not too far away and Hamilton is closer to a major metropolis than what Potsdam was.

Wherever he ends up, I wish him good luck. I just think he is a better D-III coach than a D-I coach.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Big loss for Hamilton! Hope they find a capable replacement, his recruiting has been strong. Any ideas for candidates

Comment

They are announcing Bazin to UML in a press conference at 5:30pm tonight.

Will Heenan return to his alma mater? Whatever happens, should make for an interesting time in Naples next week...

Comment

track down Guy Hebert he can coach'em

Comment

Article from the local paper.

I knew Norm and his family away from college and hockey (coaches and profs do have lives, too, you know). He seemed to be a great guy and best wishes to him and his family.
                2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

I see a few names here Heenan, Roll, Dreschel, Phil Grady, and Brian Grady possibly going for this job.

Comment

I would have to say that Roll would be a front runner, not often that a coach with NCAA championship is available.

I doubt Heenan will leave Utica, however all of his assistants have done very well, Matt Lindsey at Princeton, Dennis Williams at BG, Alex Todd at Castleton, Dominick Dawes at Neumann, Jason Lefevre at Colgate. I would think these people would all be in the mix as well. The job was open 3 years ago and I think they wanted Mark Taylor from Hobart maybe they will take a run at him again.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdLiner View Post
                      I would have to say that Roll would be a front runner, not often that a coach with NCAA championship is available.
                      Roll never won a national championship.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

No but he's been to one as a coach, and I don't remember 3rdliner actually using the word won an NCAA Championship as a coach and maybe he meant that he won an NCAA Div. 1 Championship as a player at Bowling Green under Jerry York.

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        Roll never won a national championship.

Comment

who is Roll?

Dawes might consider this as they make no money at NU. Hard to live on 40K a year

Comment

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
                            No but he's been to one as a coach, and I don't remember 3rdliner actually using the word won an NCAA Championship as a coach and maybe he meant that he won an NCAA Div. 1 Championship as a player at Bowling Green under Jerry York.
                            seems to me Hamilton just went down the D1 road and it turned out to be a short term solution. Granted Norm did a great job, but it will be interesting to see what the administration thinks about D1 vs D3 this time around. at a school like Hamilton, or any other NESCAC for that matter, D1 does not necessarily = better. they are not only looking for a winner, but also someone that will mesh with the college and local communities and stick around for a while.

at the end of the day, Roll is unemployed. the others are not. that may work against him. these other guys want Hamilton because of the career opportunity and because they are hungry. Roll just needs a job, be it at Hamilton or elsewhere. think he'd be applying for this position if he were going back to Clarkson next year?

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                              who is Roll?

Dawes might consider this as they make no money at NU. Hard to live on 40K a year
                              George Roll.

Was just relieved of duties at Clarkson and he is a former Oswego State coach. Led them to the 2003 national championship game before losing 2-1 to Norwich.

He helped orchestrate the resurgence of OSU hockey in the late 90's to the time when he left for Clarkson.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X