NCAA Hockey DVD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Hockey DVD's

I'm looking to procure some games on DVD and wondering if you have any suggestions.

UW Championship tilts pre-1990.

Northern Michigan vs. BU 1991 - I remember watching this game at my grandparents in wausau

some random NCAA playoff games w/Wisconsin (if they're out there somewhere)

maybe Harvard vs. Minnesota 89

ohh, Maine vs. LSSU in milwaukee, was that 93?

thoughts? pointers?
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Re: NCAA Hockey DVD's

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    I'm looking to procure some games on DVD and wondering if you have any suggestions.

UW Championship tilts pre-1990.

Northern Michigan vs. BU 1991 - I remember watching this game at my grandparents in wausau

some random NCAA playoff games w/Wisconsin (if they're out there somewhere)

maybe Harvard vs. Minnesota 89

ohh, Maine vs. LSSU in milwaukee, was that 93?

thoughts? pointers?
    There is a DVD about the '93 Maine squad. It's a 2-disc set, with some great stories about the Maine Program. One of the discs is the '93 final.

http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com...93dvd_htm.html

Also, I know there are some '82 Title games (UND v. Wisconsin) floating around. AZSioux over on siouxsports.com has that I know, I'm sure others.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

http://www.ncaaondemand.com/composit...n-s-ice-hockey

I sent a message to this website asking what these DVDs contained. The full response:

Hi David -

Thanks for your email. All games listed on our site are full game broadcasts (what was shown on TV) minus commercials, pre, halftime and post game coverage unless otherwise noted in the title and/or description.

Thanks,

NCAA On Demand
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        There is a DVD about the '93 Maine squad. It's a 2-disc set, with some great stories about the Maine Program. One of the discs is the '93 final.

http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com...93dvd_htm.html

Also, I know there are some '82 Title games (UND v. Wisconsin) floating around. AZSioux over on siouxsports.com has that I know, I'm sure others.
        Thanks! and thanks Exile, I'll check out the links
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          Is this the Maine DVD you're talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74jQlG_nTDI
          time to write new history

Comment

Yes. It was available on Netflix as well (not instant streaming, at least it wasn't the last time I checked). That is where I watched it.
            North Dakota

Comment

Uploaded on Youtube is the 1985 championship game. You could probably convert it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                http://www.ncaaondemand.com/composit...n-s-ice-hockey

I sent a message to this website asking what these DVDs contained. The full response:
                their games are WAY too choppy, often cutting away between whistles when there was no commercial break...

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                  their games are WAY too choppy, often cutting away between whistles when there was no commercial break...
                  Weak. I was considering buying the UW title games that they have, but maybe I should rethink that.

Granted: most of those broadcasts probably had those "this broadcast is brought to you by..." moments that were cut out between whistles.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    Weak. I was considering buying the UW title games that they have, but maybe I should rethink that.

Granted: most of those broadcasts probably had those "this broadcast is brought to you by..." moments that were cut out between whistles.
                    I have the '87, '97 and '00 games, and they are pretty good. The broadcast can be a bit choppy, but they don't miss any of the game.
                    North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                    X