HC Compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HC Compensation

For a "minor" NCAA sport why do most, if not all, Coaches make over $100k. Anyone know who is the highest paid HC? How about the lowest paid?
    Let's go Lowell.

Re: HC Compensation

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
    For a "minor" NCAA sport why do most, if not all, Coaches make over $100k. Anyone know who is the highest paid HC? How about the lowest paid?
    Don Lucia makes 26 Golden Elephant sculptures per year and the AIC Head Coach makes 3.73 peanuts a year.

Actually the best place to start is here, however that doesn't include Fringe Benefits.
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

because the top schools make money and get alumni donations.
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Can I have some real input? Toot at UMass makes around $160K while the Coach to be named later at Lowell makes around $130K. It's an honest question. What do Parker and York make?
        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Can I have some real input? Toot at UMass makes around $160K while the Coach to be named later at Lowell makes around $130K. It's an honest question. What do Parker and York make?
          It's in keeping with one of the main goals of the NCAA: to enrich sports professionals and its member universities at the expense of amateur athletes.

Unfortunately, it doesn't get any more real than that.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Umile does pretty well........

Comment

Can I have some real input?

What do Parker and York make?
              More than Toot! You might want to check out this useful website I found....... www.google.com
              Please join me in the fight to reduce the world's supply of Bacardi.

Comment

PC is offering Quinn $2.5 mil over 5 years, plus the extra money he makes from the manufacturers and uniform companies

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                  PC is offering Quinn $2.5 mil over 5 years, plus the extra money he makes from the manufacturers and uniform companies
                  I still have a hard time believing this. $500,000 per at PC doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

According to the Boston Herald on which state employee makes what, Toot made almost $200K, while Blaise made around $175.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      I still have a hard time believing this. $500,000 per at PC doesn't make sense to me.
                      ditto

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        According to the Boston Herald on which state employee makes what, Toot made almost $200K, while Blaise made around $175.
                        both are available publically anyhow... though, I think 160k for toot makes sense dating back to when Howie Carr obtained and posted the salaries for UMass, UMass-Dartmouth, and UMass-Boston (but not UMass-Lowell).
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          According to this, Cahoon made $220k in '08, so I would doubt he's currently at $200k. And Blaise was around $170k back in '08.
                          Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Wow, that seems wicked high.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

The information listed shows Cahoon's 2009 and 2010 Salary obtained from the Boston Herald Website. Way too much money for a sub .500 career coaching record in my opinion.
                            Cahoon Donald C Athletic Coach University of Massachusetts $235,398.00 $239,905.20

Comment

It has been a while since I looked at it. Looks like the Herald has updated the salary database:

2010 Salaries
                              MacDonald Blaise J. Head Coach University of Massachusetts $172,550.00 $182,489.43

Now want to see the disparity when comparing D-I to D-III
                              Rolli John Athletic Officials University of Massachusetts $39,722.00 $14,002.79
                              Belisle Peter M. Head Hockey Coach University of Massachusetts $50,141.50 $52,834.72
                              O'Neill Jr William P Staff Associate Salem State College $69,665.60 $67,612.28
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X