Red Berenson: America's Sorest Loser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Berenson: America's Sorest Loser

Seriously. Following the game, what's Red b*tching about? PENALTIES. This from the coach who, year after year, has teams that play nasty after the whistle, insist on getting the last word in scrums, behave with impunity and basically get generous no-calls from CCHA officials every single season. But the one game where Red and his boys get their comeuppance, Red b*tches about penalties.

What an insufferable a&shole. Hey, Red. Here's a clue. Maybe if you instilled some discipline, decency, class and respect in your players instead of letting them act like the entitled, spoiled b1tches you recruit, you wouldn't get screwed by non-conference refs in the biggest game of the season. As a fan of a CCHA team, your whines fall on deaf ears. I hope Big 11 officials don't get bullied by you into generous no-calls, you pile of sh1t.

"Just too many penalties. Were they good penalties? I can't tell you what I really think. I mean, you can't talk about refereeing and penalties, but when one team gets nine and the other four, it doesn't add up. We just thought we were on our heels a lot because of penalties."
    CCHA 4 LIFE

Re: Red Berenson: America's Sorest Loser

Are you saying you don't like Red? give the old, old guy a break, he was after all on the ice for this;

http://www.sportsvideodaily.com/wp/w...obby-orr-1.jpg
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
      Seriously. Following the game, what's Red b*tching about? PENALTIES. This from the coach who, year after year, has teams that play nasty after the whistle, insist on getting the last word in scrums, behave with impunity and basically get generous no-calls from CCHA officials every single season. But the one game where Red and his boys get their comeuppance, Red b*tches about penalties.

What an insufferable a&shole. Hey, Red. Here's a clue. Maybe if you instilled some discipline, decency, class and respect in your players instead of letting them act like the entitled, spoiled b1tches you recruit, you wouldn't get screwed by non-conference refs in the biggest game of the season. As a fan of a CCHA team, your whines fall on deaf ears. I hope Big 11 officials don't get bullied by you into generous no-calls, you pile of sh1t.

"Just too many penalties. Were they good penalties? I can't tell you what I really think. I mean, you can't talk about refereeing and penalties, but when one team gets nine and the other four, it doesn't add up. We just thought we were on our heels a lot because of penalties."
      For someone espousing that another has no class, your profanity laced tirade exposes you own shortcoming in that department. You could have made the exact same point (some of what you bring up IS valid) with class and dignity, and not made a fool of yourself in the process.

Comment

What do you expect when you get HE refs for the game

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
          The angry old guy to get his way!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
            For someone espousing that another has no class, your profanity laced tirade exposes you own shortcoming in that department. You could have made the exact same point (some of what you bring up IS valid) with class and dignity, and not made a fool of yourself in the process.
            sometimes cussing adds flavor and tone. Most adults in a hockey forum can deal with that, and better understand the feelings and intentions of the writer. Maybe there is a poetry for seventh graders forum where you would feel more comfortable? or you could stop reading when someone offends your sensibilities...(not the way in Obama's america, I know)
            In Hockey East we deal with jack parker getting the same "respect" from the refs and therefore heaps of disrespect for everyone else's team, coach and programs.

In a way, I am glad to read that there is another jackie out there, in another way, I have to wonder what is wrong with Piotrowski to allow his refs to behave the way they do... and then I remember HIS performance in a game in 2002, and realize that fairness is not always as important as doing what is politically expedient.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              yeah, and I know exactly why you think the angry old guy SHOULD get his way, you have been seeing it done for YEARS... and yes, I am jealous that _I_ no longer have Shawn yelling and getting HIS way

Comment

it ain't JUST HE refs, it is the crew that decided not to allow a Lowell goal in the hockey east finals 3 seasons ago. the video replay showed that there was no question about it.... apparently the replay booth did not have audio, but Bunyan messed that up too

as for one team getting 4 and the other team getting 9 penalties... I have NO problem with that, as long as the calls are consistent... sometimes one team really IS doing all of the tripping, holding, hooking...

Comment

I was just happy to see a CCHA team finally get called for penalties that should have been.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                    .. sometimes one team really IS doing all of the tripping, holding, hooking...
                    You can add some embellishing too. Being a ref isn't easy. Red was clearly frustrated with the whistle happy crew. On Thursday night, Kevin Lynch from Michigan got called for an embellishment, where a 250 lb Sioux d-man MacWilliam interfered with him. MacWilliam got the call, and nearly fell over himself after impeding Lynch. Lynch then goes down after bumping into power forward Malone from NoDak and it evens up.

IMO, 3 of the 9 calls last night were real marginal, and two were enhanced/embellished by #12 Jack Connolly. On Winnett's interference call in the first, Connolly jumps up into the cross bar (to apparently avoid a land mine in the crease) to get the refs attention like he was mugged.

Brown got called for a charge in the first, when he was in the slot and checked a player after just shooting the puck.

Then #12 Connolly was back at it in the 3rd, going into a shell along the boards instead of going after the puck to take a boarding call from Lynch.

UMD knew how to agitate Michigan, including #22 Mike Connolly shooting the puck in the net after the whistle and not getting an unsportmanlike for it.

Comment

Red is a jerk. He typifies the Michigan program perfectly: they simply assume the championship is theirs, just because of the name. When they don't win, the classlessness shows in spades.

Way to go UMD!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Pahka was there?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

So, maybe it's a tie between alnike and Red....

Comment

True but I wouuld rather here his honest feelings than bs cliches

We can agree or not

Glad they lost

Comment

Did you hear that Joe Thornton got traded?

Comment

Working...
                              X