Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Red Berenson: America's Sorest Loser

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Do they know how to play anything else? Aside from Band Room Riff?
    I'm assuming "Band Room Riff" is "Let's Go Blue." Which was written by a tuba player named Joe Carl for use by Michigan's first hockey band in 1972, and then copied by every single half-rate high school and lesser college band in the western hemisphere.

It's ours, and we play it. Don't blame us for the world overplaying our cheer.

Comment

Can anyone provide the exact quotes from Berenson?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Can anyone provide the exact quotes from Berenson?
        look on the second page.

Comment

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
          Next time, you should really stay for the ritual sacrifice of an adorable kitten at center ice after the announcement of the three stars of the game. It just brings the whole fear-sustained bloodfeast aspect of our beloved barn full circle.
          Awwww....you ran out of puppies???
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I don't. I blame you for overplaying your cheer.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

I'm assuming "Band Room Riff" is "Let's Go Blue." Which was written by a tuba player named Joe Carl for use by Michigan's first hockey band in 1972, and then copied by every single half-rate high school and lesser college band in the western hemisphere.

Whatever you wish to call it; everyone has their own name for it. With the rest of the world overplaying it, so be it. The only thing we're complaining about is a specific group playing it to the point where it's like a broken record. At the end of the day, it's your school, your team, your band, so ultimately your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
                look on the second page.
                Thanks. As a BC fan, I don't blame him for being upset with the officiating. There were some very bad calls both ways--more called on Michigan though. All you people out there complaining about your league's refs...it just doesn't compare to the incompetence of Hockey East officials.

Comment

Thanks. As a BC fan, I don't blame him for being upset with the officiating. There were some very bad calls both ways--more called on Michigan though. All you people out there complaining about your league's refs...it just doesn't compare to the incompetence of Hockey East officials.
                  If you don't know by now that all officials in all sports as well as civic government, singing competitions, and regional rep theater devote every moment of their lives to screwing St. Lawrence University, then you have clearly not been paying attention to USCHO for the last 10 years.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 04-11-2011, 03:28 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm with the baby...

WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
                    NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
                    WIAC Championships: 10-11
                    NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
                    NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
                      I'm with the baby...

Poor kid doesn't appreciate the best **** fight song in the land.

Comment

Question for Michigan fans: How did Red let Chris Brown play for his team after he beat up Rihanna? Outrageous!
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Do the ECAC/HEA crossovers count?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            If you don't know by now that all officials in all sports as well as civic government, singing competitions, and regional rep theater devote every moment of their lives to screwing St. Lawrence University, then you have clearly not been paying attention to USCHO for the last 10 years.
                            Is that Kepler's 4th law of ECAC Hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              Question for Michigan fans: How did Red let Chris Brown play for his team after he beat up Rihanna? Outrageous!
                              awesome....

Comment

The complete, unedited audio from the press conference is here: http://www.uscho.com/podcasts/2011/0...pionship-game/

Comment

Working...
                                X