University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Supposedly Brett Hextall will be leaving for Phoenix, and making an announcement in the forthcoming days.

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=87765

Comment

Originally posted by PhatKroger10 View Post
      Supposedly Brett Hextall will be leaving for Phoenix, and making an announcement in the forthcoming days.

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=87765
      NOOOOOoOOO!!!!b
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

http://brainerddispatch.com/sports/2...nebraska-omaha

Jim Archibald's son Josh to play for UNO.
        "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
          Can't wait till he meets incomming recruit Andrew Panzarella. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wxwd5Ixr64
          http://www.ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=3739

Is 654 penalty minutes a lot?
          http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=2211

It depends on if he can throw a lawnmower, pee in an elevator, or drive drunk. Or, most importantly, is he ever sober enough to wear his socks when it gets cold out?
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
            http://brainerddispatch.com/sports/2...nebraska-omaha

Jim Archibald's son Josh to play for UNO.
            Did he officially sign? He committed verbally this winter..
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              Did he officially sign? He committed verbally this winter.
              Did you read the 2nd paragraph?

On Tuesday, at Brainerd Area Civic Center, Archibald made it official as he signed his NCAA National Letter of Intent to play for UNO.
              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                It depends on if he can throw a lawnmower, pee in an elevator, or drive drunk. Or, most importantly, is he ever sober enough to wear his socks when it gets cold out?
                The question was "is 654 penalty minutes a lot?" and this is your answer? Why do you insist on being the dumbest person to scroll this fan forum?
                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                  The question was "is 654 penalty minutes a lot?" and this is your answer? Why do you insist on being the dumbest person to scroll this fan forum?
                  He was most likely dumbfounded because Andrew Panzarella is not Canadian.
                  Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 04-15-2011, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                    the question was "is 654 penalty minutes a lot?" and this is your answer? Why do you insist on being the dumbest person to troll this fan forum?
                    fyp
                    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

The Chancellor has announced that the Sioux name will remain for at least one more year, due to the law that passed during this legislative session.

The meeting between the state and the NCAA on April 22 has been cancelled.

EDIT: Link to the story.
                      Last edited by ecbrevik; 04-15-2011, 10:07 PM.
                      sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Someone just posted on Sioux Sports that Hextall has signed - can anyone confirm?
                        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                          Someone just posted on Sioux Sports that Hextall has signed - can anyone confirm?
                          I cannot confirm, but I've been hearing rumors for close to the past week about Hextall leaving early, so it wouldn't surprise. Hextall is 23, and I think that has more to do with Phoenix wanting him to come in now than anything. I don't blame kids for leaving early, but I don't see Hextall making the big squad next year. If this is true, I wish him well and thank him for his three years at UND.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                            I was told the same thing but nothing confirmed in the media yet.
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Honestly, I appreciate the time and effort and everything Hextall's given UND, but I couldn't imagine him being an integral part of our team next year anyways. I think it is the right decision for both parties.

Comment

In case you havn't seen it yet here is an excellent analysis of the loss to Michigan by Patrick Miller.

http://boardsroom.blogspot.com/2011/...-analysis.html

This loss has got to be one of the biggest if not the biggest college hockey upsets of all time.

Overall, UND had it's top-end players in prime scoring position throughout the game and was generating quality scoring opportunities. UND did an excellent job of shutting down Michigan's highest-scoring players, blocking shots and nearly eliminating any second chances on rebounds.

Based on these statistics, UND played an excellent defensive game against Michigan, effectively bottling up the Wolverines' top scorers. The Sioux were also very disciplined in giving Michigan just one power play. Much was made afterwards about Michigan's shot blocking, but UND's defense was better at not only limiting the Wolverines' shot attempts, but also at blocking a higher percentage of shots and limiting scoring opportunities from just outside the paint.

Offensively, with the exception of the power play, UND did everything well but put the puck in the net. Throughout the game, the top Sioux scorers had the puck on their sticks in prime scoring territory. But, as Michigan coach Red Berenson said, goalie Shawn Hunwick played the game of his life. If he hadn't, the Sioux would have lit up Michigan like a Christmas tree. Hunwick -- not Berenson's game plan or Michigan's defense -- deserves full credit for shutting down and shutting out UND.

There's no question in my mind that UND dominated the game. Without Hunwick's performance, Michigan would have been sunk.
                                Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 04-17-2011, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X