Providence College Summer 2011: The Hockey Guy Adventures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Providence College Summer 2011: The Hockey Guy Adventures

Okay, so maybe it isn't summer yet, but one can hope. Plus the college hockey season ends for everyone this weekend. Just drove by the Xcel Energy Center and there are college hockey jerseys hanging up in the lobby. I wonder if PC is there this year?

Who will it be?
    • Bavis?
    • Bennett?
    • Cavanaugh?
    • Lassonde?
    • Montgomery?
    • Peters?
    • Tremblay?
    • Umile?
    • Whitehead?
    • York?

Who else has been mentioned?

The adventures continue.

Re: Providence College Summer 2011: The Hockey Guy Adventures

The hockey guy is out there ask him and let us know !!!!! Enjoy and BOOO Michigan for me

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
      Enjoy and BOOO Michigan for me
      That's the kind of talk that makes baby Jesus cry!!!

Go Blue!!!!

Comment

Hoist one for me, Fred!
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Nice piece in the Globe today on ND's Joe Lavin. Lavin takes the high road about his experience at PC and doesn't bury the coach or school but it does show that there was something wrong with the program for some time.

Great kid. I liked him as a Friar and I'm sorry that it didn't work out for him at PC.

Comment

Herald mentions Cavanaugh, Quinn as 2 favs, Lehman and Bennett as outside looking in

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              Herald mentions Cavanaugh, Quinn as 2 favs, Lehman and Bennett as outside looking in
              Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

np

word is jim hughes is making a late bid as well

Comment

np

word is jim hughes is making a late bid as well
                  Who would you like to see get the job?

Comment

any of the ones mentioned are quality coaches and people. It does show how highly regarded the PC program is.
                    All have had success and will bring credibility and a buzz. I would guess new recruits would take a serious look at PC as well as coaches from USHL and BCHL, where PC had trouble pulling from. All have great connections

I would guess burke and wilson will be now nudging for hughes.

would guess either quinn, cavanaugh or bennett. hopefully bennett

bennett has recruited the type of players pc needs, the others mostly dealt with the big names

all is good no matter who gets it

Comment

any of the ones mentioned are quality coaches and people. It does show how highly regarded the PC program is.
                      All have had success and will bring credibility and a buzz. I would guess new recruits would take a serious look at PC as well as coaches from USHL and BCHL, where PC had trouble pulling from. All have great connections

I would guess burke and wilson will be now nudging for hughes.

would guess either quinn, cavanaugh or bennett. hopefully bennett

bennett has recruited the type of players pc needs, the others mostly dealt with the big names

all is good no matter who gets it
                      100%

I don't think that I'd like to see Quinn get the job over Cavanaugh and Bennett but all are good choices.
                      I'd like to see Cavanaugh but would be happy with Rick Bennett if Cavanaugh doesn't take the job.

Quinn is solid and would be my third choice and I he too would be strong IMO. As a side, Hughes in the mix is interesting.

Comment

holy moly are you two actually agreeing?!
                        I want Bennett, but we'll see what happens.
                        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

any of the ones mentioned are quality coaches and people.
                          Just to clarify, does this include Cav? You had no problem mentioning a while back that there's a reason he's been passed over before

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                            holy moly are you two actually agreeing?!
                            I want Bennett, but we'll see what happens.
                            Certainly on this and probably on a bunch of other things too. Life's too short. I'm sure he and I would get along fine in real life and I don't mean any of the things I say about him. I'm gonna stop and I'm sure that he will as well. If not....I'm still gonna stop.

Carrying on the way we have makes us both look like d bags. I saw it earlier on another thread and was embarrassed because me and HD have done that.
                            Like I said, he's probably a decent guy who loves to bust stones. I know someone else like that.

Comment

IF it is Bennett does he keep the current assistants...if Cavanaugh does he bring in some off the York coaching tree? How important is a completely new start?

Comment

Working...
                              X