Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Off Season 2011

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    At least according to the tags, they're overrated cupcakes. Plus, you gotta watch out for that team from Hockey, they're brutal.
    Well, in their defense how could they possibly hope to beat hockey at a game of hockey. That's just a no win situation.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
      Well, in their defense how could they possibly hope to beat hockey at a game of hockey. That's just a no win situation.
      Or maybe Hockey's goalie is just better at getting pucks to the net...11 shots= 11 goals
      10 shots= 10 goals...
      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

The save percentage from that game was really bad.

Back to the dinner I actually sat with Max from the Yale Daily News and coaxed him into taking notes and writing an article for the paper. Here is the story about the awards, thanks Max!

BOOLA BOOLA | Men's hockey honors class of 2011

By Max de La Bruyère

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The men's hockey team honored its seniors, who comprise the most successful class in program history, at its annual banquet Monday night at Ingalls Rink. Head coach Keith Allain '80, senior fellow of the Yale Corporation Roland Betts '68, captain Jimmy Martin '11, and captain-elect Brian O'Neill '12 all gave speeches, and each senior was individually recognized in front of a crowd that included parents, athletics staff, and members of the Yale Hockey Association.

The team awarded season awards as follows:

Malcolm G. Chace Award — to the player who, through sportsmanship, spirit, and ability, has best served the finest traditions of Yale hockey: Denny Kearney '11

Martin Dwyer III Award — to the most outstanding first-year player: Kenny Agostino '14

David C. Noyes III Award — to the member of the team whose performance and attitude have most inspired his teammates through determination, grit, and courage: Chris Cahill '11

John Poinier Award — to the best defensive player: Jimmy Martin '11 and Mike Matczak '11

J. Murray Murdoch Award — to the most valuable player: Brian O'Neill '12 and Ryan Rondeau '11

Edward M. Wright Award — for success both on the ice and in the classroom: Charles Brockett '12

Yale Hockey Coaches Award — to the member of the team whose determination and desire have contributed most to team morale and to the spirit of hockey at Yale: Jeff Anderson '11

The team's nine graduating seniors are Jeff Anderson, Chris Cahill, Denny Kearney, Broc Little, Jimmy Martin, Brendan Mason, Mike Matczak, Ryan Rondeau, and Ken Trentowski.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Highlight montage from the season. I'd forgotten about many of these amazing goals.

Comment

Thanks Mark!
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Hey everyone,

Was doing some off-season reading and wanted to just send a note about WBYC: while the AM station is now running NPR content, the students (including the student sportscasters) have had their programs running on the website for a couple years now (they only went exclusive on the web last year, however). Every Yale home game was covered by WYBC this past season, as well as the RPI-Union and Princeton/QPac road trips and every single playoff game. While you can no longer hear them over terrestrial radio (AM 1340), you can stream the online feeds (found at www.wybc*****) from anywhere, including on your smartphones at Ingalls or anywhere you can otherwise get online. I've done it before right there while watching the game...just plug your headphones into your phone. If you don't have a smartphone then it is a bummer, but from what I know there were very valid reasons for the students wanting to go online-only.

And a quick note in regards to that Yale sportscaster who briefly became famous earlier this year for his enthusiasm: WYBC as of the start of this past season no longer provides audio content for Yale's videostreams. I know everyone involved in broadcasting Yale hockey for both WYBC and for Yale Athletics (who do their videostreams using paid students... but not WYBC's kids, who stick to the radio station). They're all good kids who mean well, so I won't speak ill of them. But whatever your thoughts may be on his performance, if they're negative please don't consider them to be a strike against WYBC. (If they're positive then ignore everything I just said, lol).

The WYBC broadcasters this year, a sophomore and freshman, came in very inexperienced but (IMHO) became very solid towards the end of the season and during the playoffs. Plus they'll be among the first WYBC broadcasters to really grow with the team as they call games, so it should be exciting to see them provide even better calls in the future (Mike Dunn '10 did as well, prior to that the YBC voices were there for only really their senior season).

Sorry this became much more than a quick note...I can't wait for next year, and with Kinkaid and York gone it looks like it's going to be another Yale-Cornell battle for the top, which is always fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BoolaBoola View Post
                Hey everyone,

Was doing some off-season reading and wanted to just send a note about WBYC: while the AM station is now running NPR content, the students (including the student sportscasters) have had their programs running on the website for a couple years now (they only went exclusive on the web last year, however). Every Yale home game was covered by WYBC this past season, as well as the RPI-Union and Princeton/QPac road trips and every single playoff game. While you can no longer hear them over terrestrial radio (AM 1340), you can stream the online feeds (found at www.wybc*****) from anywhere, including on your smartphones at Ingalls or anywhere you can otherwise get online. I've done it before right there while watching the game...just plug your headphones into your phone. If you don't have a smartphone then it is a bummer, but from what I know there were very valid reasons for the students wanting to go online-only.

And a quick note in regards to that Yale sportscaster who briefly became famous earlier this year for his enthusiasm: WYBC as of the start of this past season no longer provides audio content for Yale's videostreams. I know everyone involved in broadcasting Yale hockey for both WYBC and for Yale Athletics (who do their videostreams using paid students... but not WYBC's kids, who stick to the radio station). They're all good kids who mean well, so I won't speak ill of them. But whatever your thoughts may be on his performance, if they're negative please don't consider them to be a strike against WYBC. (If they're positive then ignore everything I just said, lol).

The WYBC broadcasters this year, a sophomore and freshman, came in very inexperienced but (IMHO) became very solid towards the end of the season and during the playoffs. Plus they'll be among the first WYBC broadcasters to really grow with the team as they call games, so it should be exciting to see them provide even better calls in the future (Mike Dunn '10 did as well, prior to that the YBC voices were there for only really their senior season).

Sorry this became much more than a quick note...I can't wait for next year, and with Kinkaid and York gone it looks like it's going to be another Yale-Cornell battle for the top, which is always fun.
                Sorry, but Colgate already claimed York leaving as their victory. However, given so many people thought we would be awful after Pirri and D'Amigo left, well...

I wouldn't worry too much about being "homers" on your stream. Any visiting fans that listen to your stream should come to expect it. Your broadcasters know more about your own team, and therefore would be able to speak more about them than the other team. I'd start worrying if the broadcasters are being "homers" to the point where they can't remain objective at all (like I heard with another team's broadcast during an RPI away game). I'm not saying kiss the other team's butt, but realize that sometimes things just don't turn out positively.

Comment

Agostino selected for national junior tryout

Agostino Selected for National Camp

Yale Rookie MVP Trying Out for U.S. Team

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Kenny Agostino, the Yale hockey player who earned rookie MVP honors last winter, has been selected to the 40-man roster for the U.S. National Junior Evaluation Camp this August in Lake Placid, N.Y.

Agostino will be auditioning for a spot on the U.S. National Junior Team that takes part in the 2012 International Ice Hockey Federation World Junior Championship from Dec. 26 to Jan. 5 in Calgary and Edmonton, Alta.

“It is a tremendous honor to be invited to the evaluation camp. The opportunity to compete with great players from all over the country will be a great experience,” said Agostino, who was Hockey Commissioner’s Association Rookie of the Month in January and finished 15th among Division I rookies with .81 points per game overall.

The camp, which will take place at Lake Placid's Olympic Center from Aug. 6-13, includes practices, intrasquad scrimmages and international games featuring Finland, Sweden and the United States. A full schedule is below.

“I have been very fortunate to have great coaches and players who have helped me develop this past year. My freshman year at Yale was a great experience. It was an adjustment process for me early on, but I feel I learned a lot about the game this past year. I am also very excited to return to the Penguins’ prospect camp after completing my first year of college hockey,” said the Pittsburgh draft pick and a 2010-11 Academic All-ECAC pick.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                    Why is Yale losing 10 - 11?
                    Class of 2010-11....

How did all of you get into Yale?
                    Let's Go Red!

Comment

• Re: Yale Off Season 2011

Any thoughts on here about Northeastern possibly going after Keith Allain to fill their head coaching job?

If given an offer do you think he would take it?

Would it devastate the Yale program?

Comment

Hello friends of ECAC hockey,

My name is Kevin McNamara, and I will be a senior on Colgate's hockey team this year. I've had an idea for a charitable project for the past few years, and I wanted to make sure I implemented it before I finished playing for Colgate and in our league. I’ve spoken with Commissioner Hagwell, and this season the teams of the ECAC are going to join together in a project called Goals for Good.
                        It will be a campaign relying on the competitiveness of the teams, fans, and alumni bases of the teams in the ECAC. "Goals for Good" will be based out of a website, and on the front page, there will be a standings table, much like the one on the ECAC site, except it will rank teams by money raised. Each team will pair up with a charity or cause close to their university or community.
                        The front page on the website will have a link to each team/partner charity page which will explain the relation. There will also be a donate button on that page. There will be different options for donations. A donor could donate by the amount of goals that a team will score over the duration of the season (example: John Smith will donate $1 for every goal that Colgate University scores this season), a donor could donate by the amount of goals that a team will score over the course of a weekend series (example: John Smith will donate $1 for every goal that Colgate University will score this weekend against Harvard University and Dartmouth College), or a donor could donate a one-time amount (example: John Smith will donate $5 to Colgate University and Charity XYZ).
                        As of now, we are working on finishing the website. I am also trying to spread the word of the initiative as much as possible to build a fan base for the start of the season and the launch of the website. Goals for Good is trying to build its fan base through a Facebook Fan Page. You can find the Fan Page at www.facebook.com/goals4good. It would great if you could “Like” the initiative and spread the word. I am also new to this process, so all comments and suggestions are appreciated. Sorry for breaking your thread, and thank you very much for your time and support.

Kevin McNamara

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                          Any thoughts on here about Northeastern possibly going after Keith Allain to fill their head coaching job?

If given an offer do you think he would take it?

Would it devastate the Yale program?
                          Mack fan here who can confirm Keith Allain is definitely interested, if the money and all other conditions can be met.

Comment

Originally posted by zena View Post
                            Mack fan here who can confirm Keith Allain is definitely interested, if the money and all other conditions can be met.
                            Huh? You're crazy. And incoherent.

Comment

List from Ellite Prospects missing a defenseman from the USHL, Thomas Fallen, who played the past two years for Cedar Rapids. He was an assistant captain for the Anderson Cup winning Roughriders for the best record in the USHL, tallying 4 goals and 25 assists. He also led team in plus/minus.

Comment

CHN has this lineup posted

No. Name Yr. Ht. Wt. DOB Hometown Last Team NHL Draft Status
                                Defensemen
                                21 Dueck, Colin Jr 6-2 210 1/17/90 Calgary, Alb. Camrose (AJHL)
                                Fallen, Thomas Fr 5-10 175 4/17/91 Cedar Rapids (USHL)
                                6 Hudkins, Jesse Jr 6-1 205 11/10/88 Calgary, Alb. Okotoks (AJHL)
                                5 Jaskowiak, Nick Sr 5-11 196 2/18/89 Bloomington, Minn. Tri-City Storm
                                Killian, Matt Fr 6-2 190 10/20/92 Delbarton NJ
                                23 Peel, Kevin Sr 5-9 165 6/30/89 Onoway, Alb. Spruce Grove (AJHL)
                                Sullivan, Colin Fr 6-2 180 3/20/93 Fairfield Prep
                                Thompson, Alan Fr 6-1 195 6/27/90 Vernon (BCHL)
                                4 Young, Gus So 6-2 200 7/11/91 Dedham, Mass. Nobles
                                Forwards
                                18 Agostino, Kenny So 5-11 195 Flanders, N.J. Delbarton School
                                8 Balch, Josh Jr 5-9 180 1/30/90 Wilmette, Ill. Chic/DM (USHL)
                                15 Bourbonais, Clinton So 5-11 180 12/21/89 Colchester, Conn. Orchard Lake St. Mary's Prep
                                11 Brockett, Charles Sr 5-9 170 9/14/88 Shaker Heights, Ohio Ohio (USHL)
                                Cole, Ryan Fr 5-10 175 7/19/92 Kimball Union
                                Day, Anthony Fr 5-10 165 5/25/91 Sioux Falls (USHL)
                                28 Laganiere, Antoine Jr 6-4 190 7/5/90 Ile Cadieux, Que. Deerfield Prep
                                10 Limbert, Kevin Sr 5-9 174 7/24/87 Fruitvale, B.C. Trail (BCHL)
                                17 Miller, Andrew Jr 5-9 165 0/0/88 Bloomfield Hills, Mich. Chicago (USHL)
                                9 O'Neill, Brian Sr 5-8 165 6/1/88 Yardley, Pa. Chicago (USHL)
                                Orzetti, Charles Fr 6-3 205 2/28/92 Delbarton NJ
                                3 Otto, Dan Sr 5-8 175 5/27/88 Chicago, Ill. Chicago (USHL)
                                13 Peltz, Brad So 6-0 182 10/2/89 Mount Kisco, N.Y. Avon Old Farms
                                20 Root, Jesse So 6-0 185 11/22/89 Pittsburgh, Pa. Taft Prep
                                Ruffolo, Trent Fr 6-0 175 1/15/92 NH Jr.Monarchs (EJHL)
                                Wilson, Stu Fr 6-0 160 11/15/91 Cedar Rapids (USHL)
                                59 Ziegler, Chad Sr 6-2 195 6/12/89 Spruce Grove, Alb. Drayton Valley (AJHL)
                                Goaltenders
                                33 Malcolm, Jeff Jr 6-2 179 Lethbridge, Alb. Winston Churchill
                                31 Maricic, Nick Jr 6-2 210 1/20/90 Alta Loma, Calif. USNDPT U18 Team
                                Wilson, Connor Fr 5-10 170 8/30/91 Chicago (USHL)
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X