Carroccio(sp?)-D 2010-2011 Boston Jr. Bruins EJHL 40 3 19 22 39

gpg gaa
    Wilson-G 2010-2011 Chicago Steel USHL 52 3.81 .881
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Re: Yale Off Season 2011

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      Actually I used to enjoy going out to my car between periods and listening to the out of town scores, also hearing the student announcers recapping the game on the ride home was cool as well. WYBC has a weird history, for most of my youth it was an urban soul, hip-hop station. Then one day it became "Yale Radio". They only played recorded loops of eclectic rock and alternative music with no dj's. Occasionally they would have a talk show, but they did broadcast, mens hockey, basketball, and baseball home and away. I would rather have a quirky AM music station than another NPR yawn fest.
      I'm surprised you didn't buy one of those handheld radios (what are they, like 10-20 bucks at Target or something?) and just brought it into the game with you. A lot of people will do that to get their home announcer's commentary while watching the game live. One year, that's what RPI's Pep Band's conductor did to get cues on when to stop playing. I suppose now people could use the data plan on their handheld electronic connection device and listen to it through there.

Comment

It looks like Colin Sullivan will be a Bulldog in 2012. He's one of the top defensive prospects in this year's draft.

http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot...ould-know.html
        Last edited by bulldawg21; 04-07-2011, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Comments from that site on Killian
          12. Matt Killian, D Delbarton School (New Jersey)- Good skater and bright kid who plays for the New Jersey powerhouse Delbarton Green Wave, who recently won yet another state title. He's a pretty steady, unspectacular kind of defender who moves well and is a fluid skater, but doesn't really rush the puck a ton or demonstrate a kind of dangerous offensive element to his game that will translate at the next level. Admittedly, the game we saw Killian last play in February was a brutal, one-sided affair. And, you can clearly see that the kid has the size, wheels and poise to play the game well. It's just exceedingly difficult to get a read on his upside given the level of competition he faced on most nights. Killian is going to Yale, and the idea of him one day forming a potential three-of-six Bulldog defenders on the backline is intriguing indeed as all three can skate well and bring good size to the mix. Killian is safe and steady, but is another long-term project player who is going to require much time and patience to develop properly.

More about Colin Sullivan

7. Colin Sullivan, D Avon Old Farms (Connecticut)- When we saw Sullivan help the Winged Beavers to the 2010 prep title a year ago, we saw a solid, decent player who was responsible in his own end but didn't do a great deal to stand out. What a difference a year makes! His skating noticeably improved, and it was impressive a year ago. He explodes out of a standstill or glide with a powerful stride and the ability to generate top speed very quickly. He's also tremendous on his edges, making very tight turns and able to shake would-be checkers with ease. In fact, we talked to one NHL scout who was staying at the same hotel when we were at the World Jr. Championship about Sullivan and all he wanted to talk about was the Yale recruit's wheels. On the downside, Sullivan was not all that productive this season and some scouts question his vision and hockey instincts to read the play and jump into the natural offensive flow. He's a solid defensive player otherwise, however. We talked to Sullivan's coach, John Gardner, who knows a thing or two about producing NHL players, having coached Brian Leetch and Jonathan Quick to name just two, and he said the most impressive thing about Sullivan's progress from last season to this was that he increased his skating speed and also got a lot stronger. Sullivan is a gym rat who works harder than anyone on the team at his off-ice conditioning. He's a solid 6-2, 205 right now and will still add some more mass to his frame. The big question Sullivan will have to answer is where he will play next season. He won't report to Yale until 2012, and can go back to AOF for a third season or may go out to the USHL- he's reportedly drawn a lot of interest from teams in that league.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Success on the ice certainly begets better quality recruits. It looks like the sustained excellence that Keith Allain spoke of when he became Yale coach in 2006 has a very good chance to become reality. Much as we love the classes of 2010 and 2011, you have to admit that those kids did not have the pedigree of this year's freshman and next year's prospective class. Now that doesn't mean these new classes will achieve what those two classes did, but you do have to like their chances.

Comment

On another note I see that good buddies Matczak and Rondeau have both joined the Adirondack Phantoms (Philadelphia Flyers) of the AHL on ATOs. They will renew acquaintances with Harry Z, who is also on the Phantoms. It has to be strange for these college players to go from wanting to knock a guy's head off to playing with him, all in a matter of several weeks. Does anyone have any news on Broc Little's pro plans?

Comment

I'm gonna puke if UMD wins the whole thing, I did not get a chance to see the the games, but I am shocked that UND lost. Quiet satisfaction is the feeling I got when I read the paper this morning, some bad karma has a hold on that team. I had them easily winning the whole thing.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

I'm gonna puke if UMD wins the whole thing, I did not get a chance to see the the games, but I am shocked that UND lost. Quiet satisfaction is the feeling I got when I read the paper this morning, some bad karma has a hold on that team. I had them easily winning the whole thing.
                  UMD did exactly to ND what it did to you and Union - special teams - 3 PP goals in something like 5 shots - that PP is lethal. I actually think that UMD's success bolsters the case for Union and Yale, not that anyone cares. Other than when protecting the lead as they did late agst ND and Yale, UMD has been solid and consistent with PP perfection, the exception being the first periods agst the Union and Yale, where I thought they were outplayed 5 on 5. Their goalie also let in 2 softies agst ND but shut them done in 2nd and 3rd, so he's played on 8 great periods. While everyone views Bridgeport as an ECAC disaster, the reality is - without discussing all the issues that we've exhaustively covered - that UMDs goalie played perhaps his best 6 periods. A hot goalie can be decisive in a 2 game tourney. Michigan needs to stay out of the box.

Comment

I tend to agree about the bad karma having a hold of UND after seeing the 3rd period (all I watched) much less the game that the Michigan goalie Hunwick played last night. He must have stopped 6 grade A scoring chances in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd period alone. UND tried to score every which way and Hunwick kept thwarting them every step of the way. I would be ok with UMD winning, but I think Michigan will win because the defense is smothering and the goalie is unconscious.

Comment

Originally posted by cornellgradyalefan View Post
                      I tend to agree about the bad karma having a hold of UND after seeing the 3rd period (all I watched) much less the game that the Michigan goalie Hunwick played last night. He must have stopped 6 grade A scoring chances in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd period alone. UND tried to score every which way and Hunwick kept thwarting them every step of the way. I would be ok with UMD winning, but I think Michigan will win because the defense is smothering and the goalie is unconscious.
                      Puck luck is a b word! Yale still sucks and will only get worse unless they schedule better non conference games. And yes I know about the Ivy league rules. It is their fault they're in a ****ty conference.
                      Last edited by achybreaky; 04-09-2011, 03:17 AM. Reason: fixed my post

Comment

Originally posted by achybreaky View Post
                        Puck luck is a b word! Yale still sucks and will only get worse unless they schedule better non conference games. And yes I know about the Ivy league rules. It is their fault they're in a ****ty conference.
                        Honestly, the Ivy league rule thing cannot be used. Hockey East, WCHA, CCHA, and AHA teams ALL schedule 6 or 7 non-conference games. The other 6 ECAC have to scramble to schedule 12 thanks to the Ivies, which sometimes results in them having to play each other. The only team that plays more non-conference games, and as of last year only, is Alabama-Huntsville. So if people say that Ivies are at a disadvantage due to the number of non-conference games available, just look at North Dakota, Boston College, Michigan et al. I accept the explanation about the later start to the season and maybe the amount of total games played, but you cannot blame the amount of non-conference dates available for your S.O.S.
                        Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

First off, I am all for a stronger out of conference SOS for Yale, playing good teams only makes a team tougher. On the other hand having an SOS like NoDak may actually hurt the team in the long run. Really what have they done in the last ten years except have great regular seasons, maybe they were worn out come NCAA time. I don't have the time, but I would like to see the SOS of the last ten or twenty Division one champs as a barometer for this argument.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

What we have left

Skaters
                            No. Name Yr Pos

3 Dan Otto Sr F
                            4 Gus Young So D
                            5 Nick Jaskowiak Jr D
                            6 Jesse Hudkins So D
                            8 Josh Balch Jr F
                            9 Brian O'Neill Sr F
                            10 Kevin Limbert Sr F
                            11 Charles Brockett Sr F
                            13 Brad Peltz So F
                            15 Clinton Bourbonais So F
                            17 Andrew Miller Jr F
                            18 Kenny Agostino So F
                            20 Jesse Root So F
                            21 Colin Dueck Jr D
                            23 Kevin Peel Sr D
                            28 Antoine Laganiere So F
                            59 Chad Ziegler Jr F

Goalies
                            No. Name Yr Pos
                            31 Nick Maricic So G
                            33 Jeff Malcolm So G
                            Last edited by LTsatch; 04-09-2011, 03:50 PM.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

What we have left

Skaters
                              No. Name Yr Pos

3 Dan Otto Sr F
                              4 Gus Young So D
                              5 Nick Jaskowiak Jr D
                              6 Jesse Hudkins So D
                              8 Josh Balch Jr F
                              9 Brian O'Neill Sr F
                              10 Kevin Limbert Sr F
                              11 Charles Brockett Sr F
                              13 Brad Peltz So F
                              15 Clinton Bourbonais So F
                              17 Andrew Miller Jr F
                              18 Kenny Agostino So F
                              20 Jesse Root So F
                              21 Colin Dueck Jr D
                              23 Kevin Peel Sr D
                              28 Antoine Laganiere So F
                              59 Chad Ziegler Jr F

Goalies
                              No. Name Yr Pos
                              31 Nick Maricic So G
                              33 Jeff Malcolm So G
                              Offensively, we should be just fine. O'neill and Miller are special and hopefully whoever finishes off that line will make a contribution. Also, young guys like Root and Agostino will only get better. I am very concerned defensively. I thought Martin and Matczac were by far our steadiest defensemen, and are huge losses (especially Martin). As for the goalies, I think somebody will step up. I was very scared coming into this year and Rondeau stepped up and took the job. Maricic and Malcolm are both capable of being starters and hopefully this freshmen kid will be a stud.
                              Yale Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by yalebulldogfan View Post
                                Maricic and Malcolm are both capable of being starters and hopefully this freshmen kid will be a stud.
                                Connor Wilson played for the Chicago Steel the worst team in the USHL this past year his stats are less than awe inspiring.
                                He was 9-35-7 with a 3.90 GAA and a save percentage of 0.878

I would think that one of the upper classmen would have the best shot.
                                Last edited by LTsatch; 04-09-2011, 09:50 PM.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X