X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNH Off Season Thread 2011

Sorry guys

Re: UNH Off Season Thread 2011

Probably could have just messaged the admin to edit the thread title.
    "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
    Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
    NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
    EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
    AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
    1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
      Probably could have just messaged the admin to edit the thread title.
      Ive edited in the past but wasn't successful, blaming cell phone.

Comment

Hey guys, I was just curious if any UNH fans are heading out to St Paul for the Frozen Four?
        Bobby Butler for Hobey 2010
        Paul Thompson for Hobey 2011
        Stevie Moses for Hobey 2012

Comment

Originally posted by UNHFan1 View Post
          Hey guys, I was just curious if any UNH fans are heading out to St Paul for the Frozen Four?
          Yup
          UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

JvR looking like a bruiser:
            http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...id=DL|PHI|home
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Oddly/Sadly enough, I was thinking during my commute today about this thread, and how the title was so "bland" and how since UNH wasn't in all caps it'd be harder to find during a quick browse. Weird I know. I enjoy the new thread title. Sorry unh1982, nothing against you.

I'll share some hockey/next year/recruits thoughts some day soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
                Oddly/Sadly enough, I was thinking during my commute today about this thread, and how the title was so "bland" and how since UNH wasn't in all caps it'd be harder to find during a quick browse.
                Thats what I was thinking too, it was tough to find, thanks for the reboot '82! I know you post a lot from your phone and i give you a lot of crap for the errors Hope you know its in (mostly good) fun!

Anyone know if the Verizon will host the regionals again in '13? I don't think they have anything announced past next season do they? (and somehow Bridgeport got 'em 2 years in a row?)

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                  Anyone know if the Verizon will host the regionals again in '13? I don't think they have anything announced past next season do they? (and somehow Bridgeport got 'em 2 years in a row?)
                  I assumed that the reason they hadn't announced anything beyond next season is that there is a real possibility the current system will be changed.

As for Bridgeport, I wonder if there's not some second guessing on giving them another shot next year. Ice was terrible, the AHL game Sunday had to be postponed and everytime I switched over there was a delay to repair glass.

Comment

Originally posted by pgv View Post
                    I assumed that the reason they hadn't announced anything beyond next season is that there is a real possibility the current system will be changed.
                    Meaning the 4x4 regional system, or the hosting system? I hadn't heard anything, would be interested in learning more about this! That would explain the delay as it seems like we know regional sites years in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHFan1 View Post
                      Yep. (And echo Moses for Hobey 2012!)

Comment

Bridgeport does have a contract, but not sure how long it last until. They are hosting next yrs East Regional again. I do think it's a bit odd that they are allowed to hosting in back to back yrs. Originally, I thought they were in the mix to alternate the East Regional with Albany. But Albany's attendence has not been great lately even with RIT last season.
                        http://www.uscho.com/ncaa/mens-divis...aa-tournament/

Would definitely be interested in seeing the NCAA give Manchester the nod as a long term venue like Worcester is and Albany was- easy to get to, a quality venue, plenty of accomodations, dining, etc..
                        Last edited by i'zonprize; 03-31-2011, 09:01 PM.
                        GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Originally posted by Verkligen View Post
                          Yep. (And echo Moses for Hobey 2012!)
                          Stevie could be the most exciting player in College Hockey next yr. Wish him the best & better luck at the net! UNH will need it.

I know that there were a few notes addressing potential lines so I'll dive in.

IMO, there are lots of changes coming to lines- Although Moses and Bori have been paired up for 2yrs, even Collins and Fortney were broken up in their Sr. yr. Would not surprise me at all to see this again- Bori's a good center, but what would a more offensive threat like Silengo, Downing even Sorkin due with Moses, where an additional scorer can draw attention away from Moses. Bori, unfortunately, a good center, but not a consistent scoring threat.
                          Potential possibility exists for an all Frosh line- (not as the 4th line) Willows, Downing & Smith. I remember thae last time 3 scorers were paired together they did quite well for a few yrs- 'Flick, Winnik & Hemi'.

EJHL Offensive & Defense Players of the Year arriving in Durham next fall, wearing friendly uniforms!
                          http://easternjunior.pointstreaksite.../easternjunior
                          GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...ORTS-110339924

In today's Portsmouth Herald. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't been mentioned here, if it has on another thread I apologize. I hope Dickie can convince him to stay, but the Islanders may force his hand.

Comment

I hope Kessel returns but I'm not counting on it. He and Kostolansky looked pretty good last season. I'm excited to see Kostolansky next season as a junior. He would look better with Kessel next to him though.

Just curious what everyone thinks of Downing for next season. I have read some good things. I mean, are we thinking he is going to jump right into the first line as a freshman? Is he a pro prospect as well?
                              Bobby Butler for Hobey 2010
                              Paul Thompson for Hobey 2011
                              Stevie Moses for Hobey 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X