Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Off Season Thread 2011

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    I think that UNH would be giving up its one home game against Maine next year for Fenway.
    Well that would be completely moronic. So it is probably a lock.

I can’t see how this makes any sense. With BC-BU it is in city and people can go for the party, plus a novelty. Add in the NHL was paying to put the ice down. For UNH-Maine people need to travel in; it isn’t going to draw the casual Boston fan. Sounds to me like cold-outside-empty-with bad sight lines, yeah sign me up…
    "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Kessel leaves UNH

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
        Talk about breaking news - Biz Jacobs just tweeted this a few minutes ago and the few websites who have posted all show the same three paragraphs. No details on whether he is staying with the Islanders or being traded. In any event, Good Luck to him. He was fun to watch and he appeared to enjoy himself while playing for UNH.

Next move - Does UNH bring in Ryan Randall this year or is there another, new recruit waiting in the wings?
        Last edited by C-H-C; 05-24-2011, 01:21 PM.
        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by bomberhockey View Post
          I understand he (Blake Kessel) is happy to go either way, depending on how things shakeout(trade). Also a new recruit may come into the picture for 2011 if he does go.
          Any new information, bomberhockey?
          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

"The 'Cats advanced to the Regional Finals for the third straight season, becoming the only team in the nation with tournament wins in each of the last three years."

Perhaps just a coincidence? Glad that he came back last year for his junior season.
            Last edited by Snively65; 05-24-2011, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              "The 'Cats advanced to the Regional Finals for the third straight season, becoming the only team in the nation with tournament wins in each of the last three years."
              Raise a banner!

Seriously though, I always thought he was a bit overrated (though still good).
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

you have to be up high . i was at 3rd base in the second row of the skyboxes (for the rink set up it was between the blue and red lines) and you could see as well as anywhere else in the park from there. not perfect but pretty darn good. if they do this it may be worth the $90/ticket that i paid for BC-BU

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                  No details on whether he is staying with the Islanders or being traded.
                  He wouldn't be traded. He's either signing with the Isles or he becomes an unrestricted free agent in July because it's been 4 years since he was drafted. Same thing Blake Wheeler did when he left Minnesota, didn't sign with Phoenix and then signed with Boston.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Kessel is not signing with the Islanders. He will be a free agent.
                    "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                      Well that would be completely moronic. So it is probably a lock.

I can’t see how this makes any sense. With BC-BU it is in city and people can go for the party, plus a novelty. Add in the NHL was paying to put the ice down. For UNH-Maine people need to travel in; it isn’t going to draw the casual Boston fan. Sounds to me like cold-outside-empty-with bad sight lines, yeah sign me up…
                      i agree..............why Northeastern is not involved in this is beyond my comprehension. maybe i missed something...........

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                        Kessel is not signing with the Islanders. He will be a free agent.
                        I was just about to ask that, that is what I thought. Chances Toronto makes a run at him to play with Phil?

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                          I was just about to ask that, that is what I thought. Chances Toronto makes a run at him to play with Phil?
                          Phil won't be playing for the Marlies

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            Seriously though, I always thought he was a bit overrated (though still good).
                            I actually agree with Nick that he was a bit overrated. Shot from the point was off net far to often and defensively he would show flashes but not the consistency.

However, always a bummer for any team to have a player leave early. He will be difficult to replace on the back end even if overrated he was still very good and a top end college player.
                            "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

I actually agree with Nick that he was a bit overrated.
                              That is a complete shock! JVR, Kessel, Thompson and many more dating back years now - UNH's best players are never good enough for your standards...

Miss the net a few times, inconsistent defensively, blah blah blah. Already a two-time All-American, if he came back next year he probably would have lived just shy of this neighborhood...

http://www.uscho.com/stats/player/mi...ultz/#20102011

Not that it would have been enough for most UNH fans. He's a glider!!! OMG!!!
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

I actually agree with Nick that he was a bit overrated. Shot from the point was off net far to often and defensively he would show flashes but not the consistency.
                                It seemed to me and many others that Kessel played hurt most of his junior year. I think that he will be greatly missed next season, as the Cats will be challenged to score goals so will need to play stellar defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X