How to thwart unethical frozen four ticket sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to thwart unethical frozen four ticket sales

Fans of the Fighting Sioux, Fighting Irish, Bulldogs, and Wolverines.

With 12 of 16 teams out of the Frozen Four, statistically a significant portion of the 13,548 of the 18,064 Frozen Four ticket holders that represent teams not in the Frozen Four will not be attending.

If you decide to get into a bidding war on e-bay or pay over twice the tickets' face value from a scalp site, do me a huge favor!

When you pay your exhorbitant price, follow up with a letter to the Frozen Four NCAA folks telling them what you paid for each ticket and the ticket numbers, etc. They will then refuse to re-issue tickets next year to those fans that charged more than face value to sell their tickets.

If we all do this, the price gauging will end quickly and hundreds more of us will pay face value.

And if we refrain from purchasing tickets over face value plus shipping around $10, by Tuesday, the prices will be under face value, as in years past.
    Last edited by BismarckFan; 04-02-2011, 09:30 AM.

Re: How to thwart unethical frozen four ticket sales

Well said.

Comment

Thanks,

I look for many fans to pull their tickets from scalp sites tonight & tomorrow to help us all out and not loose their preference for next year.

Got my ticket Sunday evening for near face value...good luck all!
      Last edited by BismarckFan; 04-03-2011, 10:01 PM.

Comment

I totally agree! Well said!

Comment

So what if Person A buys tickets at face value and something comes up and can't go and resells them at face value to Person B.

Person B then turns around and sells them on the open market for 300% face.

Person A is then blacklisted?

There's the problem with your plan.
          UND: More national championships than all Minnesota schools combined.

Comment

nm

Comment

I couldn't agree more! We had an extra seat to sell and just wanted to break even....I was amazed at the email offers we got. I was totally horrified by the scalper prices on stubhub, ticketmaster, ebay, etc....

Comment

BismarckFan- While I agree with what you are saying, I was actully just about to post the same response as ATelly33. I agree that ticket prices are insane and people are price gouging the crap out of people, and it makes it hard for hard working middle class families to be able to go and support their team and have a good time...

BUT...if a priority holder sells them at face value, and that person resells them, and somewhere down the line they are sold over face value, I highly doubt the season ticket holder could be held responsible by the NCAA...especially if they have the check/money order/paypal payment to prove they were only paid face value.

Comment

Bottom line: When you comply with the rule & sell your tickets for face value or less, document the name, address, and telephone of the buyer; if you don't, the NCAA will likely say.......Gottcha!

In the game of compliance, it's guilty until you prove yourself innocent. The NCAA is not the police or the court system.
                  Last edited by BismarckFan; 03-30-2011, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BismarckFan View Post
                    Bottom line: When you comply with the rule & sell your tickets for face value or less, document the name, address, and telephone of the buyer; if you don't, the NCAA will likely say.......Gottcha!

In the game of compliance, it's guilty until you prove yourself innocent. The NCAA is not the police or the court system.
                    I understand you're butt hurt about either not being able to get tickets or having to pay out the *** for them, I'm in the same boat, but to expect the NCAA to go above and beyond the call of duty to police what people are doing with the tickets they purchase, that's being a little absurd. They made a token statement saying people will be taken off the priority list if they up sell. That's all they're going to do. Don't you think if they actually followed through and took action against legit face value resellers and those people were able to produce evidence to the contrary to get themselves off, that the scalpers could easily do the same? Please.

This type of thing happens every day for hot tickets. It just so happens this time it's for a hot ticket that we want. Anyone that is desperate for a ticket has nobody to blame but themselves for not buying them earlier. If you wait for your team to get into the championship before you buy tickets expect to pay a premium (espically in the case of UND).

It's ridiculous to ask for the NCAA to take any action on scalping. First of all they're not going to, they've got way more on their plate. Second, like I said, if they do it will be a much higher percentage of legit people getting screwed than the pros that are profitting. These people do this for a living. Good luck with that.

With the abysmal attendance at the regionals the NCAA has got to be thrilled with the situation for the Frozen Four.

Calm down and either pay the piper or watch it at the bar.
                    Last edited by ATelly33; 03-31-2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

If you're selling your extra tickets for more than face value you're not a true college hockey fan.

That being said, this whole thing comes off as whiny. The NCAA has better things to do. And quite frankly, so should someone that is taking the time to be a high and mighty hall monitor in this and spending time trying to get someone else in trouble because they don't like it.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by ATelly33 View Post
                        I understand you're butt hurt about either not being able to get tickets or having to pay out the *** for them, I'm in the same boat, but to expect the NCAA to go above and beyond the call of duty to police what people are doing with the tickets they purchase, that's being a little absurd. They made a token statement saying people will be taken off the priority list if they up sell. That's all they're going to do. Don't you think if they actually followed through and took action against legit face value resellers and they were able to produce evidence to the contrary to get them off, that the scalpers could easily do the same? Please.

This type of thing happens every day for hot tickets. It just so happens this time it's for a hot ticket that we want. Anyone that is desperate for a ticket has nobody to blame but themselves for not buying them earlier. If you wait for your team to get into the championship before you buy tickets expect to pay a premium (espically in the case of UND).

It's ridiculous to ask for the NCAA to take any action on scalping. First of all they're not going to, they've got way more on their plate. Second, like I said, if they do it will be a much higher percentage of legit people getting screwed than the pros that are profitting. These people do this for a living. Good luck with that.

With the abysmal attendance at the regionals the NCAA has got to be thrilled with the situation for the Frozen Four.

Calm down and either pay the piper or watch it at the bar.
                        Well said! I agree with you completely.

All this griping about ticket prices has me gagging myself with a spoon. I bought mine last week for face value, even though I was not sure the Sioux would be attending the Frozen Four ... If you aren't going to take a risk, you cannot complain.

I was lucky enough to buy my tickets last week when they were still available at face value, but I am kicking myself for not buying a set of four so that I could ensure that my friends and/or family could attend the games at a decent price as well. BUT, I have no one to blame but myself for not buying sooner!

I have a feeling, however, that ticket prices will fall closer to the event. Some of those sellers will be scared they won't sell, and they will lower prices so that they are able to get enough money out of them as they paid for.

Comment

That's exactly right, it's free enterprise. I bought four lower bowl tickets on Saturday, taking a chance before the Fighting Sioux won. Glad I took the risk.
                          In the past, I've had to miss events due to lack of funds, that's life.

Comment

Next year in Tampa will be a buyers market, just like last year in Detroit. St Louis also had less than face value tickets for sale out front.
                            2006 in Milwaukee was completely crazy, I couldn't believe the amount of money tickets were going for. The problem is people were paying! I watched one of the Skills Participants sell his FREE tickets for twice face value.
                            This year will be the same or worse, Milwaukee only had one local team. St Paul will draw huge crowds of Bulldog and Sioux fans.
                            The NCAA made their money so they don't really care.

Comment

Read the first post...the NCAA does care.

Comment

Working...
                              X