NMU Wildcat 2011 Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU Wildcat 2011 Offseason

It's my 1,000th post! Lets get this thing going!

It was 20 years ago tonight. The Cats played in one of the most exciting championship games ever. I was lucky enough to be there at the St. Paul Civic Center to witness the Wildcats bring home a title in a 8-7 thriller. 1:57 into the 3rd OT Daryl Plandowski ended it.

It was the greatest sporting event I have ever witnessed in person or will ever see.

Re: NMU Wildcat 2011 Offseason

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
    It was 20 years ago tonight. The Cats played in one of the most exciting championship games ever. I was lucky enough to be there at the St. Paul Civic Center to witness the Wildcats bring home a title in a 8-7 thriller. 1:57 into the 3rd OT Daryl Plandowski ended it.

It was the greatest sporting event I have ever witnessed in person or will ever see.
    I feel like I need to throw the game into the DVD player tonight.

Caught wind of a tentative schedule for next season:
    Saturday 10/1 - Exhibition Game
    10/7-8 at Wisconsin (NC)
    10/14-15 home vs SCSU (NC)
    10/21-22 home vs Michigan (awww, it's a shame Scooter graduated)
    10/28-29 at Western
    11/4-5 home vs Notre Lame
    11/11-12 at Ohio State
    11/18-19 at Anastos Sucks State University
    11/25-26 bye week
    12/2-3 home vs Miami
    12/9-10 at Lake State
    12/16 Tech (Finals Week?) (NC)
    12/23-24 Christmas Break
    12/30-31 bye week again
    1/6-7 home vs _airbanks
    1/13-14 home vs Anastos Sucks State University (oh the potential this weekend has)
    1/21 at Michigan Tech (NC)
    1/27-28 at Miami
    2/3-4 home vs Ferris State
    2/10-11 at BGSU
    2/17-18 at Michigan
    2/24-25 home vs Lake State
    3/2-3-4 CCHA First Round
    3/9-10-11 CCHA Second Round
    3/16-17 CCHA Tourney
    3/23-24-25 NCAA Regionals
    4/5, 4/7 NCAA Frozen Four

We host _airbanks, so we don't get the exemption. Meaning that the two MTU games are single game series. No word if they're during the week or actually on the weekend.
    Last edited by aparch; 04-01-2011, 09:56 PM.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      I feel like I need to throw the game into the DVD player tonight.

Caught wind of a tentative schedule for next season:
      Exhibition weekend (October 1st)
      at Wisconsin (NC)
      home vs SCSU (NC)
      home vs Michigan (awww, it's a shame Scooter graduated)
      at Western
      home vs Notre Lame
      at Ohio State
      at Anastos Sucks State University
      bye week
      home vs Miami
      at Lake State
      Tech (Finals Week?) (NC)
      Christmas Break
      bye week again
      home vs _airbanks
      home vs Anastos Sucks State University (oh the potential this weekend has)
      at Michigan Tech (NC)
      at Miami
      home vs Ferris State
      at BGSU
      at Michigan
      home vs Lake State
      CCHA First Round
      CCHA Second Round
      CCHA Tourney
      NCAA Regionals
      NCAA Frozen Four

We host _airbanks, so we don't get the exemption. Meaning that the two MTU games are single game series. No word if they're during the week or actually on the weekend.
      Most likely, they'll be weekday games. Until we stop playing them during breaks, they'll be during the week.

And here's hoping one of the early season home series lines up with the Miners' Cup battle at tDome. Otherwise, I won't get to see the boys at all next year.
      Always a Wildcat...
      Originally posted by Kepler
      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
        Otherwise, I won't get to see the boys at all next year.
        At Wisco is a week after my wedding, not sure if I can make that one. At Western falls early in the season (again, just after the wedding) making it tough.

Unless I make it North for the Senior Night/Silent Auction, I may not see them either.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So, next year is the last year Michigan will play at the Berry. The following season, Michigan's last season in the CCHA, NMU will be at Yost. However, that season State will be in the U.P.
          Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
          1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
          2006-2007: 15-24-2
          2007-2008: 20-20-4
          2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Added dates to the schedule. Found out that MTU at NMU is on Friday in December, at Houghton is on Saturday in January.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Aparch,

I think you have Miami instead of tOSU listed as playing us both home and away. I believe it is the other way around under our current schedule having us playing the three BTHC schools...

2012-13 sees us play Wisconsin at the Resch Center, at St. Cloud and at North Dakota. No Tech series that season.

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post

2012-13 sees us play Wisconsin at the Resch Center, at St. Cloud and at North Dakota. No Tech series that season.
                Seriously?
                While that makes me happy in one sense, I have a very hard time believing that. Where did you hear this, and can someone else confirm?
                Always a Wildcat...
                If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

I heard the same thing. I'm excited about the NoDak trip, and you could assume the other two would happen since we play them both this season (btw, Resch game would be a "home" game for NMU.).

As for no MTU, thank GOD! But it still could happen depending on if NMU goes to Alaska that season. A NC against Anchorage at the Berry would be nicer in 12-13 season tho (if we do get the Alaska exemption).

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I heard the same thing. I'm excited about the NoDak trip, and you could assume the other two would happen since we play them both this season (btw, Resch game would be a "home" game for NMU.).

As for no MTU, thank GOD! But it still could happen depending on if NMU goes to Alaska that season. A NC against Anchorage at the Berry would be nicer in 12-13 season tho (if we do get the Alaska exemption).
                    I can second the sentiment, but that just started a rather heated discussion in my apartment about whether or not we should keep playing them. While I'd be happy to see it go, and I'm clearly not the only one, dropping that series altogether just doesn't make any sense.
                    Always a Wildcat...

Comment

I'm surprised by the lack of NMU-MTU series, since for both programs it increases ticket revenue easily. For the Superior Showcase game last season the attendance was about 3800 compared a season average of 2500. At $8 a ticket that's nearly $10k of lost revenue.
                      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Sweet! We play in Madison on my birthday...

ROADTRIP

Also the Cats will be logging the hours on the bus in late in the season going to Miami, BGSU, and Michigan in a 4 week span...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                          Aparch,

I think you have Miami instead of tOSU listed as playing us both home and away. I believe it is the other way around under our current schedule having us playing the three BTHC schools...

According to the schedule I got yesterday, NMU is at OSU Nov 11-12, Home against Miami 12/2-3 and at Miami 1/27-28
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Wow Dave, that is one helluva schedule next year then. Loaded and I think our team will respond and challenge for the NCAA tourney again!!!

Comment

Added dates to the schedule. Found out that MTU at NMU is on Friday in December, at Houghton is on Saturday in January.
                              We're at tOSU the weekend I'll probably be back in MQT. Actually, none of the football and hockey games line up this year, just for the record. NMU better make the NCAA's and end up in St. Paul.
                              And, since when is the Frozen Four in May? I think you skipped a month in there somewhere...
                              Always a Wildcat...

Comment

Working...
                              X