Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU Wildcat 2011 Offseason

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    They're still a member now, and need to vote (yay, nay, or abstain) for decisions regarding the conference.
    Really? That is screwed up.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      Personally I would love to keep this rivalry going.... The only thing that worries me is that is could grow stale, just like the NMU/Tech rivalry did the past few years.... NMU was not going to play Tech in 2012-13 remember...
      It is very difficult to sustain a serious out of conference rivalry, as we've witnessed with Tech/NMU, though I was not aware that you guys had been planning to take a break from playing us.

With four games a year, conference points on the line, and the opportunity to face each other in the conference playoffs, the Tech/NMU rivalry should heat up again in the new WCHA.

Comment

No Trailer Park Boys fans? This is disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          I suddenly fear the NCHC and B1G schools are going to throw a block on this move...
          I can't think of a motivation to do so.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Minnesota State-Moorhead announced plans today to start a D-I hockey program. They have to secure the remainder of an endowment. They did not set a date to begin skating. They did say that they could afford "the best coach money can buy." They also did not specify which league they would seek entry into and that Moorhead AD Doug Peters had not spoken with Bruce McLeod. He did have conversations with the other Minnesota D-I hockey schools.

http://www.msumdragons.com/news/2011...715115020.aspx
            Last edited by davyd83; 07-15-2011, 01:56 PM.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

What a week.... I hope that this chain of events lights a fire under some player's rears honestly... Use the next 2 years to go out and show that NMU is here to stay.... Can't wait for Oct. 7th to get here... I can only imagine the fun that Madison is going to be this year
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
                I have verified that Cherniwchan, Follmer, and Epp are at the Capitals camp.
                Yes, they all are. Sorry that I did not pay any particular attention to them either time that I was there.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  What a week.... I hope that this chain of events lights a fire under some player's rears honestly... Use the next 2 years to go out and show that NMU is here to stay.... Can't wait for Oct. 7th to get here... I can only imagine the fun that Madison is going to be this year
                  What weekend are you guys in Madison? I can be convinced easily to cheer against the badgers at any time...
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                    What weekend are you guys in Madison? I can be convinced easily to cheer against the badgers at any time...
                    The Cats are in Madison Oct. 7-8.

Comment

speaking of Madison they have lost both their goalies and a lot of their scoring!
                      NMU

Comment

Go West young man! Go West!

Comment

While the news of players choosing the CHL over NCAA is sad for college hockey as a whole, here's a good article detailing just where NMU needs to step up it's promotion of the sport. NMU may not be a "premiere" school, but we certainly are good at developing players with a track record for the NHL:

http://slightlychilled.areavoices.com/?p=779

More than a college education needs to be touted. Development needs to be touted. Success stories from college need to be touted.

And here's where NMU needs to get on Twitter, Facebook, it's own website and toot its own horn.
                          Alumni under Walt Kyle seeing NHL ice time last season: Mike Santorelli (FLA), Nathan Oystrick (StL), Mark Olver (DEN), Erik Gustafsson (PHI).
                          Alumni under Walt Kyle who saw AHL level ice time: Ray Kaunisto, Brian Stewart, Dusty Collins, Dave Bonk, Geoff Waugh, along with Oystrick, Olver, and Gustafsson.
                          Dozens more alumni playing professional hockey with a shot a climbing up the ladder to the AHL and NHL.

We're not a premiere school, but we're going to develop you into one hell of a professional player.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Is there still an exhibition game during the weekend of Oct. 1-2, I noticed it was taking of the schedule and a game on Dec. 30 vs Russian Red-Stars was added. I can't imagine not playing an exhibition for the first game.
                            NMU

Comment

there is no exhibition that weekend
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Well, I know it's early, but I was wondering if anyone was planning on making the trip down to Madison in October.... As of now, myself and some friends will be making the trip... Just thought I would throw it out there so maybe we can get a group together and outcheer the Kohl Center

Comment

Working...
                                X