Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey 2011 Off Season Thread-"Union, We've Paid Our Dues"

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    UCONN has released their schedule, and have included you on their list. I realize you have already released your schedule of 34 non-exempt games, none of which include UCONN. They have it for November 17th, which would mean 4 games in the course of a week (seems a little unlikely to me, but nonetheless that is what they posted). Have any of you heard anything on the Union end regarding this schedule discrepancy?
    My guess is that someone at UConn misspelled PROVIDENCE .. not sure what Leaman's connection was/is with the Huskies, but they were a consistent presence during his tenure.

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    Jeremy Welsh and Mat Bodie will be attending Chicago Blackhawks prospect camp.
    Nice to see some of the boys getting the experience of a pro camp, can only help their development. Of course, I also hope the pro teams don't get TOO interested in them.. particularly Welsh, who I won't feel comfortable until I see him back on the ice for the first game of the season.

Also noticed that Heisenberg's list has changed Gostisbehere from a possible '12 recruit to more definitely matriculating this fall. This would make 2 d-men coming in to replace only one graduating senior, so have to wonder if this means that Ingoldsby may not be returning from his concussions. That would be a really tough break as I thought Mike had a very bright future.. of course this all rather wild speculation, so hopefully I'm wrong.

In another round of the coaching merry-go-round, ex-Proviced assistant David Berard has ended up at.. UConn! Considering the rumor that Berard turned down coming to Union, that seems a little.. ironic.
    UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Heisenberg has listed a new commit for 2012, Andrew Johnson, C, Flin Flon Bombers of SJHL.

http://www.leaguestat.com/sjhl/sjhl/...ayer.php?id=54

Comment

Josh Jooris has apparently been very impressive at the Bruins camp: http://thehockeywriters.com/boston-b...day-two-recap/

Comment

Heisenberg has listed a new commit for 2012, Andrew Johnson, C, Flin Flon Bombers of SJHL.

http://www.leaguestat.com/sjhl/sjhl/...ayer.php?id=54

Meh to a SJHL forward recruit. Anyone have anymore info on this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            UCONN has released their schedule, and have included you on their list. I realize you have already released your schedule of 34 non-exempt games, none of which include UCONN. They have it for November 17th, which would mean 4 games in the course of a week (seems a little unlikely to me, but nonetheless that is what they posted). Have any of you heard anything on the Union end regarding this schedule discrepancy?
            Update on this one: UCONN fixed their schedule. Yours is still correct.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonySaxe View Post
              Meh to a SJHL forward recruit. Anyone have anymore info on this guy?
              Well here's a "highlight" video of Mr. Johnston in action..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tthm8oNa5QI

Looks like he has a good stick.. but he sure misses the net a lot when he shoots.

Johnston was on the NHL watch list in 2009, made the SJHL all-star team the last two seasons, and was invited to tryout for the Canada West team in the World Jr. A Challenge last year (though he was not selected). There is also a rumor that he may end up in the USHL next season. He has good size at 6-1 185 but he is a '91 birthday, so will be a 21 year old when he matriculates. I'd agree that there are some questions coming out of one of the weaker Jr. A leagues in Canada, but looks like he could be a solid recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                Well here's a "highlight" video of Mr. Johnston in action..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tthm8oNa5QI

Looks like he has a good stick.. but he sure misses the net a lot when he shoots.

Johnston was on the NHL watch list in 2009, made the SJHL all-star team the last two seasons, and was invited to tryout for the Canada West team in the World Jr. A Challenge last year (though he was not selected). There is also a rumor that he may end up in the USHL next season. He has good size at 6-1 185 but he is a '91 birthday, so will be a 21 year old when he matriculates. I'd agree that there are some questions coming out of one of the weaker Jr. A leagues in Canada, but looks like he could be a solid recruit.
                Thanks for the info, hopefully he can get on the ice more than our last recruit from Flin Flon.

Also, look for Kelly Zajac to be a NJD prospect camp, along with Kinkaid. Starts tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks for the info, hopefully he can get on the ice more than our last recruit from Flin Flon.
                  Who would that have been?

Comment

Who would that have been?
                    I think he means Bergeron.. which probably isn't a totally fair comparison, as he was pretty much brought in as back end depth on the blueline and I suspect knew from the beginning that he would have little chance of ever playing in a game.
                    Last edited by ADK11; 07-11-2011, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Kelly Zajac scored twice in today's scrimmage at Devils camp. I also found this photo of Kinkaid on the Hockey's Future boards.

*****http://media.nj.com/star-ledger/photo/9785169-standard.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
                        Kelly Zajac scored twice in today's scrimmage at Devils camp. I also found this photo of Kinkaid on the Hockey's Future boards.

*****http://media.nj.com/star-ledger/photo/9785169-standard.jpg******
                        He looks good in the uni even if he does have a lousy number.

Comment

He looks good in the uni even if he does have a lousy number.

KEITH e KELLY best of luck!

Comment

News announcement from Johnston's team on his committing to Union..
                            http://www.sjhl.ca/news_item.aspx?news_id=2153

This seems to confirm that he will be back in the SJHL next season. Some very nice words about Union and sounds like Bennett was the main recruiter. An excellent student too..

Comment

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...ming-to-union/

Laplante DQ'd from college hockey by NCAA after playing pro briefly.

Offseason continues to get worse.

Comment

Laplante DQ'd from college hockey by NCAA after playing pro briefly.
                                Amazing that that wasn't known all along.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X