Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frozen Four Semi Finals: ND versus tUMD - Irish are People NOT Mascots!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Four Semi Finals: ND versus tUMD - Irish are People NOT Mascots!

We get to preview next years non conference match-up with a Frozen Four game!

ND fans, please tell us about your team. I know so little about your players and would love to know more. Can you stop the FCC line?

tUMD will be the home team, wearing their home white jerseys. While Notre Dame will be the road team (assuming ND would wear their road blues).

UMD will have plenty of fans cheering for them as the X is a little over 2 hours away from Duluth. It also helps that other Minnesota teams fans are jumping on the Bulldog Bandwagon.

Go BULLDOGS!
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: Frozen Four Semi Finals: ND versus tUMD - Irish are People NOT Mascots!

My guess is Sioux fans will probably be pulling for tDogs as well. Should be a good game, and if Notre Dame's goaltender plays as well as he did last night, goals will be hard to come by. That being said, I like tUMD's chances of advancing if our goaltending is up to par next Thursday.
    Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Beautiful thread title Biddy.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
        My guess is Sioux fans will probably be pulling for tDogs as well. Should be a good game, and if Notre Dame's goaltender plays as well as he did last night, goals will be hard to come by. That being said, I like tUMD's chances of advancing if our goaltending is up to par next Thursday.
        You are probably right about Sioux fans pulling for tUMD although, it is possible they may have a soft spot for another team with a "Hostile and Abusive" (NOT) Mascot.

Comment

May be pulling for a Scott Sandelin coached WCHA team a bit since he helped UND win NCAA National Championships in 1997 & 2000 as an assistant coach and associate head coach under Dean Blais.

http://www.fightingsiou*****/ViewArt...CLID=204977254
          http://www.fightingsiou*****/ViewArt...CLID=204977352
          Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 03-28-2011, 06:44 PM.
          "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Anyone attending from the cities will be dogs supporters too.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Cannot say I disagree here.

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              Beautiful thread title Biddy.
              You're welcome

Where are the Irish fans? Did the potato famine get you?
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Also, is my memory correct in that Notre Dame's PK is not very good? I can't remember exactly if it was ND's or UNH's PK that was listed at 81 percent during last night's game. I'm pretty sure it was Notre Dame.
                Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  They were all up in scissor lifts and a storm came through.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Go tUMD!!!
                    www.karenwingerphotography.com

Comment

I will be rooting for tDogs.
                      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        We're here. Just making travel plans, then we can communicate. I won't do my preview until this weekend, so don't have much to add right now, except: the famine is a bit of a myth. There was more than enough in the potato harvests to feed everyone in Ireland. The British actually commandeered the food to feed their subjects, thus starving out the Irish who wouldn't kowtow to the Brits.
                        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                          We're here. Just making travel plans, then we can communicate. I won't do my preview until this weekend, so don't have much to add right now, except: the famine is a bit of a myth. There was more than enough in the potato harvests to feed everyone in Ireland. The British actually commandeered the food to feed their subjects, thus starving out the Irish who wouldn't kowtow to the Brits.
                          Leave to the Irish to blame the Brits!

Question, how many ND players belong to the IRA?
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            Yes, but that's more because they are the "least evil/relevant" to the Gophers.

Seriously, I love the fanbase, how they resurrected the student section back in the day, the fun times...

Go 'dogs. Make it happen just once.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              I'll be jumping on tbandwagon for the weekend.
                              Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
                              NFL Min
                              MLB NYM, Min
                              NHL Min, Dal
                              NCAAB Min, Baylor
                              NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
                              Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Working...
                              X