X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU Recruiting Update, Part 3

Old thread's locked.

Forgot to mention this last week, but goalie Matthew O'Connor will not be coming next season unless Millan or Rollheiser leaves, which is not expected to happen. The third-string goalie next year will either be the team's current fourth/practice goalie or a walk-on.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 3

Why would Rollheiser stay if Millan stays? He wouldn't be expected to see much ice time all season kinda like this year. Wouldn't it be better for him personally to look somewhere else to get some ice time? I have no problem with him staying and being a solid back-up goalie to push Millan for the fourth straight year but I guess I just don't see his motive to come back.
    GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
      Why would Rollheiser stay if Millan stays? He wouldn't be expected to see much ice time all season kinda like this year. Wouldn't it be better for him personally to look somewhere else to get some ice time? I have no problem with him staying and being a solid back-up goalie to push Millan for the fourth straight year but I guess I just don't see his motive to come back.
      I get the impression that he just really likes it here and wants to finish up his degree. I would tend to agree that going elsewhere might be the better move for his hockey career, but I think he'll get a chance to keep playing after college regardless.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        I get the impression that he just really likes it here and wants to finish up his degree. I would tend to agree that going elsewhere might be the better move for his hockey career, but I think he'll get a chance to keep playing after college regardless.
        Not that you have any way of knowing this, but I wonder what the Leafs think of this; unless, they've ceased to think of him as a prospect and GR's aware of it.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          FL, I think it could go either way. If Rollie wants to play, he may want to get out now and spend the season at some minor league level getting mins in rather than opening the door and MAYBE getting 4-5 games while losing another year of development. If he is convinced he will get the same opportunity after school and he really likes being at BU, then he would likely stay on.

Comment

I'd like to have our first and second goalies staggered a bit - two in the same class isn't good. I know Millan did it, but how many recruits can come in as freshmen and not need a year to develop a bit?

Comment

[QUOTE=BU Fan 84;5105170]I'd like to have our first and second goalies staggered a bit - two in the same class isn't good. I know Millan did it, but how many recruits can come in as freshmen and not need a year to develop a bit?[/QUOTE

I agree that staggered goalies are the best situation. IF Rollie were to leave that would allow O'Connor to come in, get a year of college under his belt (how much he would play would depend on Millan and game situations), but that would get him used to, if not completely ready, to take over. Still would need a third goalie, and I'm sure that is not too hard to find.

Comment

We had a goalie that staggered a bit and it wasn't all that pretty....

Comment

Yeah, the plan as of last year, per Parker, was to bring in a bigger-name goaltending recruit for next season to work under Millan and Rollheiser. I asked Parker about that, knowing they had O'Connor in case but he certainly isn't the impact guy Parker was referring to. Parker kind of sidestepped the question, which leads me to believe either that plan changed for some unknown reason, or, more likely, they just didn't find the impact goalie they were looking for. The fact that they couldn't guarantee a guy an immediate shot at playing time would probably play a big part in that.
                  Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by john g View Post
                    We had a goalie that staggered a bit and it wasn't all that pretty....
                    posting win.
                    time to write new history

Comment

Hetnik Jr. is now official, according to ESPN Boston. Will play in Omaha or Vernon (BCHL) next season and arrive at BU in 2012.
                      http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-...ommits-to-bu-2
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Cushing Academy sophomore Robbie Baillargeon visited BU today. Baillargeon is a forward out of Enfield, CT who has been compared to Nick Bonino.

Some stories on him:
                        http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...d=rss-morreale

http://www.examiner.com/sports-photo...ep-school-play
                        http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Places I've watched college hockey: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Scottrade Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Whittemore Center

Comment

Does that mean he won't stay 4 years?

Comment

Originally posted by CDRAL View Post
                            Does that mean he won't stay 4 years?
                            Ba zing! haha.

But in all seriousness, this kid seems like he would be a very solid pick-up. Any word on whether he committed or not and for what year?

Comment

Chris Heisenberg reports that Jarrid Privitera, Alexx's younger brother, has committed to BU. Jarrid is a Zancanaro-sized left-shot forward, who has consistently scored goals. 25-18-43 in 31 games for Gunnery this season. And 27-20-47 in 35 for the North Jersey Avalanche U16s the previous year. Privitera is a junior so he could arrive in 2012 or, if he plays a season of junior, 2013.
                              Last edited by Rogie21; 04-08-2011, 07:47 PM.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X