X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 3

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Why even say this if your mind isn't really made up yet?
    To build your bargaining power. $$$
    Last edited by Bonin21; 06-09-2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      June 5: “I felt more comfortable going the USHL route. The ‘Q’ (QMJHL) was there, but my dream has been to go to BU.”

Why even say this if your mind isn't really made up yet?
      He had a few too many discussions with Charlie Coyle. Mike McMahon has been reporting the same thing as well, he's as good as gone.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I thought I'd seen some recruiting Dog & Pony shows, but Askew's Excellent Adventure might take the cake. How many schools and franchises has this kid and his family left holding the bag?

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
          I thought I'd seen some recruiting Dog & Pony shows, but Askew's Excellent Adventure might take the cake. How many schools and franchises has this kid and his family left holding the bag?
          When you recruit mercanaries, sometimes you get outflanked.

Comment

• Askew was recruited by the past recruiter who is no longer employed by Boston University. Let's say with this particular recruit going in a different direction everyone wins here.

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
              Ah this isn't that bad. It's just that it all happened in a small time-frame before he ever even enrolled anywhere.

I know "recruiting" you mention above does imply prior to any enrollment... but if you look at the wider view, I think a guy like Eddie Caron transferring from UNH to Yale to UNH was a classic... That's just me though. Honorable mention to Vinny Saps for his BU to BC (kinda but not really) to NU. Vinny was only slightly less of a crapshow because his BC stint that fell through quicker than Mike Milbury coaching the Eagles was not really his own choice.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Eddie Caron was interesting but it only involved Colleges. This kid went from St. Seb's to Cushing; NU to Indiana and BU; then to Drummondville. He's been Caron on three different levels.

Comment

Globe feature on BU 2014 recruit Shane Starrett, ranked #15 among N.American goalies.
                  http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20..._campaign=8315
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Lowell Sun feature on 2014 recruit Jack Eichel, who will play for the NTDP U18s next season.

Eichel took extra classes last summer and is again taking extra classes this summer, with the goal of returning to Ann Arbor as a senior. He plans to play one more year with the national program and then attend Boston University in the fall of 2014.

He admits to being disappointed that longtime coach Jack Parker retired after last season.

"Obviously I was excited to play for coach Parker," said Eichel, who committed to BU in April 2012. "He's a legend. But obviously I'm excited to play for coach (David) Quinn. I think he's going to be really good for me."

Comment

Boston Globe's Fluto Shinzawa's update of 2014 BU recruit Jack Eichel, who returns to the NTDP U18s.
                      http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20..._campaign=8315

Comment

BU just picked up a nice recruit in Charlie McAvoy. Offensive D playing for the USNDT - 17 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
                          BU just picked up a nice recruit in Charlie McAvoy. Offensive D playing for the USNDT - 17 team.
                          Tin Puck??
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                            McAvoy is a right-shot D who played for the NJ Rockets last season and was the Metro Junior Hockey League's Offensive Defenseman of the Year (17-39-56 in 69 games). Was a 6th round draft pick by Kitchener in this year's OHL draft. From Long Island so he's certain to be a Dave Starman favorite.

Comment

More info on McAvoy, whose NJ Rockets coach compares him to another former Rocket, John Carlson, now on the Caps.

Barring early departures, BU's defense in 2015: Grzelcyk, Oksanen, Somerby, MacAfee, MacLeod, McAvoy.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rogie21;5759137]More info on McAvoy, whose NJ Rockets coach compares him to another former Rocket, John Carlson, now on the Caps.

Barring early departures, BU's defense in 2015: Grzelcyk, Oksanen, Somerby, MacAfee, MacLeod, McAvoy.

Not what you would call an intimidating defensive core. No wonder why teams are banging on the door to play BU.

Comment

Working...
                                X