This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fanfavorite1 View Post
    People cannot be blind here right? BU has a new head coach and I'm sure BU is going to have to have new asst coaches which will include a new recruiting co-ordinator. No recruit is safe and no current player on the roster minutes are safe. Its the nature of the business and the risk every potential college athlete takes and BU is no exception. Is it fair? No but its reality.
    Quinn basically said that he was keeping the assistants and many recruits have said that jack told them there was a good chance he would not be there for most or all of their time at BU.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Quinn basically said that he was keeping the assistants and many recruits have said that jack told them there was a good chance he would not be there for most or all of their time at BU.
      I have not heard Quinn say he was keeping the assistants. At his press conference he gave the right/appropriate/political response by giving a beautiful version of the "Side Step" when he was asked about the current assistants. He did not say he was keeping them.
      Last edited by fanfavorite1; 04-12-2013, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 3

Originally posted by fanfavorite1 View Post
        I have not heard Quinn say he was keeping the assistants.
        Well do you have any connections to someone he would've told? If not how could you expect to hear? Press conferences to announce that people are not fired are not exactly common.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
          Well do you have any connections to someone he would've told? If not how could you expect to hear? Press conferences to announce that people are not fired are not exactly common.
          No connections just going on experience when a head coach retires/gets let go etc..especially when a program has been under performing on and off the ice for years.

Comment

People cannot be blind here right? BU has a new head coach and I'm sure BU is going to have to have new asst coaches which will include a new recruiting co-ordinator. No recruit is safe and no current player on the roster minutes are safe. Its the nature of the business and the risk every potential college athlete takes and BU is no exception. Is it fair? No but its reality.
            Kids that committed to BU under Parker just had their situation improved as BU upgraded coaches. Why would they leave if they had committed to a situation that just improved?
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

No connections just going on experience when a head coach retires/gets let go etc..especially when a program has been under performing on and off the ice for years.
              I'm not sure if you are a troll yet or not, so I'll reply again.

Are you saying that experience point in regards to it is uncommon that the rest of the staff stays or that there hasn't been a public announcement regarding them staying?

I'd agree with the former, but it is also rare that the new coach was on this same staff so recently, and that he wasn't coaching at another school with his own staff to bring with him (For example if neither of Gwoz's AC's get the DU job I would expect to see at least one reunited with him once he gets another job).

If you are talking about the latter he mentioned in his opening press conference that he was excited to work with the current staff, I'm not sure if you have examples of coaches making more public announcements about keeping ACs than that.

Comment

Maybe FF is trying to say that Q doesn't want some of the stiffs that are in the pipeline?? Or some of the guys currently in school won't be needed either??
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Maybe FF is trying to say that Q doesn't want some of the stiffs that are in the pipeline?? Or some of the guys currently in school won't be needed either??
                  Mookie raise your hand you just hit BINGO

Comment

Mookie raise your hand you just hit BINGO
                    Every so often the kids here forget to gaze at their WWMD bracelets
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Every so often the kids here forget to gaze at their WWMD bracelets
                      It is no different than real life in the work force when you get hired or about to start with a new company and Wham the guy who hired you gets canned. If these recruits can't play for another D1 Program or weren't recruited by other D1 HE Programs are they really going to help the Terriers in the long run?

Comment

Just my opinion - given the lack of sustained success over the past 15 years, the challenges that the program went through last year, and just the fact that Jack is old enough to practically be some of these kids grandfather (not to mention the supposed warning that the recruits have been given over the past couple years about likelihood of Jack being around), I find it hard to beleive that there are many recruits and parents out there feeling they have to change course. In fact, I would argue that it's even more likely that there were some recruits who were thinking of changing course that are now not going to. Could someone use the change as an excuse to back out? Sure. But this isn't like the situation at NU with Cronin. BU has too much else to offer to their recruits.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Looking at the BU commits, all the forwards are either showing up this fall or are still in high school. There isn't anyone that they can bump up a year. Are they planning on bringing in some more forwards? If not, I think there is going to be a serious lack of depth.

Comment

Are there scenarios from other schools that are similar to the current BU case? Which ones and when were they?
                            I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                              Looking at the BU commits, all the forwards are either showing up this fall or are still in high school. There isn't anyone that they can bump up a year. Are they planning on bringing in some more forwards? If not, I think there is going to be a serious lack of depth.
                              Evan and Danny will play 30+ mins, each game, as forwards, we're good =)
                              Go Terriers Go! BTW, I'm just another guy hiding behind a keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                Just my opinion - given the lack of sustained success over the past 15 years, the challenges that the program went through last year, and just the fact that Jack is old enough to practically be some of these kids grandfather (not to mention the supposed warning that the recruits have been given over the past couple years about likelihood of Jack being around), I find it hard to beleive that there are many recruits and parents out there feeling they have to change course. In fact, I would argue that it's even more likely that there were some recruits who were thinking of changing course that are now not going to. Could someone use the change as an excuse to back out? Sure. But this isn't like the situation at NU with Cronin. BU has too much else to offer to their recruits.
                                things will change, the skill is there, trust me these kids are good. Coaching was the downfall, players from 2012 were playing 1980 style of game. Remember Jacky said the game hasn't changes since he started coaching...i almost feel off my chair when i read this. Someone please watch a game from the 80's its freaking painful to watch. The game has evolved so much.
                                Go Terriers Go! BTW, I'm just another guy hiding behind a keyboard.

Comment

Working...
                                X