X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 3

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    when will you (and others) see this is a compliment?
    And no offense, but you and I obviously have different ideas of what constitutes a compliment if you think that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      And no offense, but you and I obviously have different ideas of what constitutes a compliment if you think that.
      no offense taken...............i've just read time to time and have had it posted to me words to the effect that "this is the BU thread, go post in your own thread" sorta thing and to me , that so many people are interested and reading about and posting about BU hockey IS a compliment and a sign of them recognizing the historical significance of the program and a sign (by most including myself) of respect for it

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
        One thing that I think is going to hurt BU next year is the fact that Robert Polesello no longer appears to be the immediate impact type player that many were predicting he would be a year or two ago. In 55 games for the USHL's Indiana Ice, he's got a 15-16-31 (+8) scoring line, which likely doesn't translate into a high scoring freshman year at BU. As a comparison, BC recruit Austin Cangelosi, who is several months younger than Polesello and who's also a first year USHL player, has a 28-28-56 (+18) line in 50 games.
        No surprise here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
          No surprise here.
          Sounds like he could be another John Sabo, the second coming of Paul Kariya when he committed and the second coming of Travis Banga when he actually showed up

All kidding aside, he was considered as Blue as a Blue Chip recruit can be when he picked BU over BC and others, so even though he may not be on the same trajectory as predicted, am sure he'll still be a good college player, just not nearly as good as Cangelosi

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            no offense taken...............i've just read time to time and have had it posted to me words to the effect that "this is the BU thread, go post in your own thread" sorta thing and to me , that so many people are interested and reading about and posting about BU hockey IS a compliment and a sign of them recognizing the historical significance of the program and a sign (by most including myself) of respect for it
            Personally, I like seeing you posting here, your posts are generally insightful and/or humorous and not at all trolling. It's some others from your end of Comm Ave that create the problems.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
              All kidding aside, he was considered as Blue as a Blue Chip recruit can be when he picked BU over BC and others, so even though he may not be on the same trajectory as predicted, am sure he'll still be a good college player, just not nearly as good as Cangelosi
              Don't worry. Once Parker and Bavis work their magic, the kid will be barely able to skate.
              1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

• Originally posted by TimP View Post
                Don't worry. Once Parker and Bavis work their magic, the kid will be barely able to skate.
                I firmly believe this guy is an act just like that weird Maine fan who writes with a French accent. No one can be this stupid. So kudos to you for sticking to it. You've been around for a while and I haven't seen one post out of character. Well done.

Comment

Team USA beat Canada 5-3 in its final preliminary round game at the World U18s. Matt Lane assisted on the game-winner and added an open-netter. Earlier in the game he had a penalty shot, but was stoned by Canada's goalie. Matt Grzelcyk scored Team USA's first goal. Lane leads the team in scoring with 3-3-6 in four games.

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/292/IHM292A19_74_3_0.pdf
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                    Team USA beat Canada 5-3 in its final preliminary round game at the World U18s. Matt Lane assisted on the game-winner and added an open-netter. Earlier in the game he had a penalty shot, but was stoned by Canada's goalie. Matt Grzelcyk scored Team USA's first goal. Lane leads the team in scoring with 3-3-6 in four games.

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/292/IHM292A19_74_3_0.pdf
                    I was highly impressed with Grzelcyk in today's game. Definitely underrated because of his size. I had always heard he had such a great defensive game (which he does), but his PPG today was also incredible. Looks like he's got a bomb of a shot if he wants to use it, which I guess means he's going to fit in nicely with the dmen we have currently.
                    Agganis Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Hockey Center, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Lawler Arena, Matthews Arena, Mullins Memorial Center, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, Tsongas Arena, Whittemore Center, Erie Insurance Arena, Lynah Rink, Madison Square Garden, Ridder Arena, TD Garden, Xcel Energy Center

Comment

I just wanna know why Rogie only posts in the recruiting thread and not the BU season thread...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        I just wanna know why Rogie only posts in the recruiting thread and not the BU season thread...
                        He has 5 posts in the current BU thread. Why does it matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          He posts under a different name so he can flame people and not have anyone lose respect for his copy and paste from ushr abilities
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            there is not a current season, is there?
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Lane really stood out against Canada to me. I missed the 1st period but he had a lot of energy and seems to win more battles than you may think for his size. He really puts his speed to use without the puck.

Comment

Originally posted by TroutSlayer View Post
                                Lane really stood out against Canada to me. I missed the 1st period but he had a lot of energy and seems to win more battles than you may think for his size. He really puts his speed to use without the puck.
                                I agree with that, mysterious beer man.

But, considering this year, really happy to see that O'Regan did great with faceoffs. Finished with like 75% of wins on the night or something. Anyways, should be a good game on Friday.
                                Agganis Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Hockey Center, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Lawler Arena, Matthews Arena, Mullins Memorial Center, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, Tsongas Arena, Whittemore Center, Erie Insurance Arena, Lynah Rink, Madison Square Garden, Ridder Arena, TD Garden, Xcel Energy Center

Comment

Working...
                                X