• Re: Hockey East - The Off Season

Originally posted by hockeyfan33 View Post
    F Hohmann - BU
    F Saponari - Northeastern
    F Tiefenworth - BC
    D Van Riemsdyk - UNH
    D Rutt - Maine
    G DeSmith - UNH
    Not sure you will see DeSmith play. Freshman goalies generally don't see much ice time at UNH. Add to that DiGi is a Senior.
    "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

According to this article, Gaudreau (NU) and Girgensons (UVM) are both returning to Dubuque for another season.

Gaudreau and Zemgus Girgensons, who combined for 121 points during the regular season on a line with Saponari, will try for an encore in 2011-12.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I think we won't hear anything official until the roster's out, I know Gaudreau's paperwork was all set so if he isn't coming it's because Montogmery convinced him to stay. Considering they don't quote Gaudreau or Girgensons, I'm inclined to see what Heisenberg's site reports, or if they say annything on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
          I think we won't hear anything official until the roster's out, I know Gaudreau's paperwork was all set so if he isn't coming it's because Montogmery convinced him to stay. Considering they don't quote Gaudreau or Girgensons, I'm inclined to see what Heisenberg's site reports, or if they say annything on the matter.
          Also the plan as far as I still know is for Girgenson to come in the fall as well. Unless his studies tripped him up....

Considering those two recruits are both scheduled to enter HE this fall, it would be a pretty large coincidence they both are staying now.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

You're right, he probably won't start more than a few games, unless theres an injury. But I doubt Billet will either with Milner at BC. And I don't think O'Connor is coming in this year. Boyle is the goalie most likely to see playing time this season.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a good amount of Billett.

Comment

Can't wait until the puck drops. IMO BU will win it.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                  BC: F KJ Tiefenworth, G Brian Billett
                  BU: F Cason Hohmann, D Alexx Privitera
                  Maine: D Jacob Rutt
                  UMass: F Shane Walsh
                  UML: D Malcolm Lyles (transfer from BC)
                  UNH: F Grayson Downing, D Trevor van Riemsdyk
                  NU: F Vinny Saponari, F John Gaudreau, F Adam Reid, D Garrett Haar, D Ben Oskroba, F Justin Kovacs
                  Vermont: D Nick Luukko, D Michael Paliotta, F Zemgus Girgensons (if he comes this fall)
                  Figured I would polish off the list:

Merrimack: F Josh Myers - Coaching staff is very high on him and his point totals are a nice indication: 89 pts in 67 games in the BCHL.
                  "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                  "Why?"
                  "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Any early predictions on All Hockey East 1st and 2nd Teams as well as All-Rookie Teams?
                    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

1st team prediction:

F - Chris Kreider (BC)
                      F - Spencer Abbot (Maine)
                      F - Charlie Coyle (BU)
                      D - Tommy Cross (BC)
                      D - Brian Dumoulin (BC)
                      G - Matt DiGirolamo (UNH)
                      Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

When Big 10 league forms I think Hockey East will get stronger and benefit. Maybe Notre Dame will join? Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
                          When Big 10 league forms I think Hockey East will get stronger and benefit. Maybe Notre Dame will join? Any thoughts?
                          Notre Dame will stay in the CCHA and should contend for the top spot, along with Miami for years to come. Hopefully with only 9 teams (after the departure of Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State) they will finally let Huntsville in to give them a conference, and give the CCHA an even number at 10 teams.
                          Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                            Also the plan as far as I still know is for Girgenson to come in the fall as well. Unless his studies tripped him up....

Considering those two recruits are both scheduled to enter HE this fall, it would be a pretty large coincidence they both are staying now.
                            I just noticed this, but the article also claims UMass recruit Shane Walsh is staying for another year, and he's also joining UMass for the upcoming year. I think the newspaper is likely making assumptions and not anything based in fact here.

Comment

I just noticed this, but the article also claims UMass recruit Shane Walsh is staying for another year, and he's also joining UMass for the upcoming year. I think the newspaper is likely making assumptions and not anything based in fact here.
                              Hate it when that happens to news regarding NU hockey...
                              Arenas Attended
                              Matthews Arena
                              Agganis Arena
                              Tsongas Arena
                              Lawler Arena
                              Schneider Arena
                              Mullins Center
                              TD Banknorth Garden
                              Conte Forum
                              Whittemore Center
                              Gutterson Fieldhouse
                              Alfond Arena
                              Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Walsh is in-fact staying in the USHL another year. He got off to a slow start and was traded mid-season, so they wanted to give him more time to improve his game.
                                Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Working...
                                X