Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merrimack Offseason: ya, so that was fun.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack Offseason: ya, so that was fun.........

Originally posted by WarriorDJ View Post
    Brodhag will definitely be in the lineup come October. He is a great PP asset for his ability (or rather willingness) to sit in front of the net and wait for those tip ins...

Here is my thought on a starting lineup...

Collins-Myers-Todd
    Flanigan-Madsen-Sheen
    Brodhag-Mansfield-Velleca
    Bates-Gould-Bly

Ellis-Stollery
    McCarthy-Heywood
    Wills/Kolomatis-Bigos

There is a big crop of freshman coming in and this projection leaves some good recruits out of the lineup including Connor Toomey, Kyle Singleton, and Clayton Jardine. I feel like those freshman will need to show what they can do in opening practices to take the spots of veterans like Velleca or Brodhag or second year players like Bates (drawing in defenses w/ speed) and Bly (THE anti-icing, physical on the walls) who each had their roles established last year.

I am wondering who gets the nod on the defensive side of things between Wills and Kolomatis. From what I hear Kolomatis is a shut-down type of D-man and Wills is a LH shot who can jump up into rushes and be a scoring threat.
    Opposite is true on Kolomatis, offense is his niche.

Comment

Did Jack P put the schedule together this year? Having to face BC, UNH, BU in February is going to be rough.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        Opposite is true on Kolomatis, offense is his niche.
        Is he any good?

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
          Is he any good?
          yes, borther plays in AHL.

had some injuries last year that slowed down production but will be fine and is a very good player. power play guy

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
            Did Jack P put the schedule together this year? Having to face BC, UNH, BU in February is going to be rough.
            If you can't play with the big boys, get out of the pool. Or something like that.

And yes as a matter of fact, Jack had everything to do with your schedule. That was item #8 on his lists of things to accomplish this summer. Had a meeting with him a few weeks back and no lie, he said to me "Sorry Scarlet (yes, he does call me that), I can't meet with you on that calendar you're producing as I need to figure out a way to make Merrimack's schedule a hot mess before I head off on vacation, can we meet when I get back? Honestly, those boys got a little too big for their britches last season and I need to fix that so it doesn't happen again and then tell Joey B to back me up on it." And I said, "Well, that might mean a delay in the production and delivery. But I think we can still get this ready for distribution by end of August, provided you're done ruining Merrimack by the time I need you to review the design and copy." He was open to that. I think we're going to have an AWESOME calendar this year. I can get you one if you want!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              If you can't play with the big boys, get out of the pool. Or something like that.

And yes as a matter of fact, Jack had everything to do with your schedule. That was item #8 on his lists of things to accomplish this summer. Had a meeting with him a few weeks back and no lie, he said to me "Sorry Scarlet (yes, he does call me that), I can't meet with you on that calendar you're producing as I need to figure out a way to make Merrimack's schedule a hot mess before I head off on vacation, can we meet when I get back? Honestly, those boys got a little too big for their britches last season and I need to fix that so it doesn't happen again and then tell Joey B to back me up on it." And I said, "Well, that might mean a delay in the production and delivery. But I think we can still get this ready for distribution by end of August, provided you're done ruining Merrimack by the time I need you to review the design and copy." He was open to that. I think we're going to have an AWESOME calendar this year. I can get you one if you want!
              Wow, relax francis.

Comment

Haha... well done.
                Now I want to see Nick or Carmen fill in items #1-7.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  Haha... well done.
                  Now I want to see Nick or Carmen fill in items #1-7.
                  #7 was getting Cronin out of HE before he beat the old man senseless. I wonder where cleaning out a random players locker falls? #12?
                  Originally posted by Hokydad
                  Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                    #7 was getting Cronin out of HE before he beat the old man senseless. I wonder where cleaning out a random players locker falls? #12?
                    Well, that's not an item for his list of things to do in the summer silly. There are no lockers to clean out in the summer.

Comment

Well done scarlet.

Where on this list did Jackie have "ruin Merrimack's NCAA Tournament Participant Ribbon raising ceremony?" I can't wait to see how he pulls that one off.

But I hear that he's such a nice guy that he will let Merrimack raise their "2011 Hockey East Tournament Runner Up" banner without incident, though!
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

But I hear that he's such a nice guy that he will let Merrimack raise their "2011 Hockey East Tournament Runner Up" banner without incident, though!
                        That's not all, I heard Jackie & Gilroy are hosting a seminar for Mack players on the benefits of becoming AARP members

What a nice guy that Parker is.

Comment

Came across a link to this website that might interest you by incoming freshman Mike Wills featuring a gallery of all the art work he has completed so far. Seems to be quite a talented artist.

http://innerdrivenart.webs.com/

Comment

Eagle Tribune this morning (and USCHO) Dennehy signs extension through 2019 (previously signed thru 2016 this past season). Good for him, he certainly deserves it and even better for Mack and their fans
                            Last edited by sterlippo1; 07-02-2011, 05:15 AM.

Comment

There is a rumor that your other two non-conference games will be with UNO. However, some rescheduling on either side would need to be done for that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                Eagle Tribune this morning (and USCHO) Dennehy signs extension through 2019 (previously signed thru 2016 this past season). Good for him, he certainly deserves it and even better for Mack and their fans
                                Here's the Eagle Tribune link.

Comment

Working...
                                X