National Letter of Intent - NLI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Letter of Intent - NLI

Is it standard practice for D1 schools to provide a Formal Offer Sheet to players they are offering athletic financial assistance to before the player signs a NLI? Or are the offer details written into the NLI?

Thank you in advance!

Re: National Letter of Intent - NLI

I think I found the answer...

Financial Aid Requirement

At the time I sign this NLI, I must receive a written offer of athletics financial aid for the entire 2011-12 academic year from the institution named in this document. The offer must list the terms, conditions and amount of the athletics aid award. (A midyear football two-year college transfer student-athlete must receive a written offer of athletics financial aid for the remainder of the 2010-11 academic year. If the institution does not renew the athletics aid for the following academic year, the student-athlete must be released of the NLI). In order for this NLI to be valid, my parent/legal guardian and I must sign the NLI and I must also sign the offer of athletics aid (see institutional policy for parent/legal guardian signature) prior to submission to the institution named in this document, and any other stated conditions must also be met. If the conditions stated on the financial aid offer are not met, this NLI shall be declared null and void.

Comment

Quick Reference Guide

Comment

Originally posted by rugrats View Post
        Note that this does not apply to all cases. For example Ivy schools do not use an NLI, but give you a support letter (forget what they called it) after a verbal commit. Early NLI is in November, the rest is April onwards.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
          Note that this does not apply to all cases. For example Ivy schools do not use an NLI, but give you a support letter (forget what they called it) after a verbal commit. Early NLI is in November, the rest is April onwards.
          They call it a "likely letter."

Comment

Working...
          X