Tough Weekend for NCAA officiating...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough Weekend for NCAA officiating...

Wow... after the Michigan-UNO debacle last night..the refs throw Yale's O'Neill out of the game on what turns out to be a clean hit. The penalty also comes w a 5 minute power play that effectively ends the game after UMD capitalizes... and meanwhile a dangerous headshot goes un-penalized in the Merr-ND game while a guy lays semi -unconscious after the hit..... i'm not a supporter of any of these teams-just a college hockey fan and am really really shocked by what i have seen. Refereeing is not easy but this was some really unfortunate stuff....

Re: Tough Weekend for NCAA officiating...

i love it. college hockey refs are horrid and nothing is better than the biggest college hockey weekend of the year, with the most nhl scouts and most viewers, seeing it first hand. something needs to be done. who hires these guys.

Comment

I've seen way worse reffing.

Comment

although- regarding the "clean" hit in the UMD game- that was either charging or interference. the UMD player didnt touch the puck and o'neill took a run at him. it should have been a 2 minute minor, penalty would have ended after the first goal, and duluth would be up 4-1.

Comment

"Debacle?" You mean the officials correctly calling a goal on a puck that was clearly in the net? How much more photographic/video evidence do you people need?

Comment

clearly in the net ????? any evidence would be helpful.. any...

Comment

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
              "Debacle?" You mean the officials correctly calling a goal on a puck that was clearly in the net? How much more photographic/video evidence do you people need?
              guy- the ref didnt have photographic evidence when the call was made. i cant speak for everyone, but I know I HATE it when leagues make stupid rules (like REQUIRING CLEAR evidence to overturn a call) and then not following the rules come playoffs. i wish they could make judgement calls with video replays, but theyre not suppose to.

Comment

Originally posted by goonshow View Post
                clearly in the net ????? any evidence would be helpful.. any...
                The evidence is a blurry screen capture that contains a black blob. Somehow this is clear evidence to a few Michigan fans.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

RE: The Yale penalty.

In real time, I could see it PROBABLY being the right call, although I would've only given 2 minutes. On replay it's obviously a HORRID call.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
                    guy- the ref didnt have photographic evidence when the call was made. i cant speak for everyone, but I know I HATE it when leagues make stupid rules (like REQUIRING CLEAR evidence to overturn a call) and then not following the rules come playoffs. i wish they could make judgement calls with video replays, but theyre not suppose to.
                    Guy- He had the exact same angle everyone has been looking at today, from the end zone, which clearly shows the puck in the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      The evidence is a blurry screen capture that contains a black blob. Somehow this is clear evidence to a few Michigan fans.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRQLZ29WEVU

This really isn't that difficult. Watch from about 25 seconds on. Puck is clearly in, and this is the exact angle and feed used by the officials last night.

Comment

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRQLZ29WEVU

This really isn't that difficult. Watch from about 25 seconds on. Puck is clearly in, and this is the exact angle and feed used by the officials last night.
                        Why does that one team have to wear those ugly helmets? Can't they afford normal ones? It makes them look like retards.
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          Why does that one team have to wear those ugly helmets? Can't they afford normal ones? It makes them look like retards.
                          They ruined the Yale game, to bad.

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                            They ruined the Yale game, to bad.
                            yale ruined the yale game. plus they never had a chance but it was nice to see them try!

Comment

Of course every call in slow motion is going to look a different way.

Real time and with Hendrickson being on the ground in some pain, the call becomes the five minute penalty. I believe that if Hendo would have gotten right up the call would have been different. A couple of things that occurred as the hit happened and after led to the call.

Why didn't Yale just did what UMD did yesterday? Kill of that penalty. Also do not take ANOTHER penalty when you are down a man for five minutes.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                              X