No announcement yet.

Tough Weekend for NCAA officiating...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tough Weekend for NCAA officiating...

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
    "Debacle?" You mean the officials correctly calling a goal on a puck that was clearly in the net? How much more photographic/video evidence do you people need?
    I have no idea what replay you saw. There is no angle that shows the puck clearly across the line. You can assume it crossed, but unless you have indisputable visual evidence, it should not count.

I am still of the belief that UNO deserved better out of that.

You have to believe that had it been an NHL game, Toronto would have said NO GOAL.

It helped my bracket though! I had Michigan winning the tournament!
    Last edited by dubbie31; 03-27-2011, 10:47 AM.
    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
    www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Why can't the mighty Wolverines score a legit goal? They need to have the other team kick the puck in for them to win.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
        you mean like this

*****http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7052/goalo.jpg******

or this:

the deniers on here are just as bad as those who deny the process of biological diversity through natural selection.
        WOW!!! I believe I stand corrected. You posted this as I was posting my remarks!!! It looks like from that angle that the puck is clearly in. What I want to know is why that angle wasn't shown more in the post game highlights!!!
        Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
        www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
          I have no idea what replay you saw. There is no angle that shows the puck clearly across the line. You can assume it crossed, but unless you have indisputable visual evidence, it should not count.

I am still of the belief that UNO deserved better out of that.

You have to believe that had it been an NHL game, Toronto would have said NO GOAL.
          ooops...I had a witty come back but I will change it. I agree with everyone that the process of review should be up for debate. It is not a perfect system and this will spur change for the better.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
            ooops...I had a witty come back but I will change it. I agree with everyone that the process of review should be up for debate. It is not a perfect system and this will spur change for the better.
            Glad I posted before you had the chance!!! Great job with the picture and video...excellent posting sir!

RIP Butch

sigpic
            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

All you Yale fans need to stop crying about losing O'Neil. He should have been out of the game for the elbow call. Funny how EastSPN didn't even give a replay of that play. O'Neil ran Faulk from behind and hit him in the head, he should have been out before he got the gate for the head contact on Hendrickson. You can't run guys like that twice in the same period without officials being concerned about the safety of players on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                In the tUMD/Yale game, they called "interference" VERY tight. tUMD had a somewhat questionable one (not as questionable as the Yale one, obviously) early in the game. From what I've seen, the eastern conferences are more of a non-contact skating style, while the west is more physical. Maybe a US/Canada-Russia comparison from days of yore?
                You may be right. I have watched numerous ECAC games with way too many whistles. If you want to watch hockey without checking, there's always women hockey.

The ref crew at the Yale-UMD game was a CCHA crew. There was very little 5 on 5 on this game. Way too many whistles, both ways.

Its too bad the horrible O'neil call took away from UMD, which clearly won, in the context of the whole game.

Comment

Originally posted by goonshow View Post
                  Wow... after the Michigan-UNO debacle last night..the refs throw Yale's O'Neill out of the game on what turns out to be a clean hit. The penalty also comes w a 5 minute power play that effectively ends the game after UMD capitalizes... and meanwhile a dangerous headshot goes un-penalized in the Merr-ND game while a guy lays semi -unconscious after the hit..... i'm not a supporter of any of these teams-just a college hockey fan and am really really shocked by what i have seen. Refereeing is not easy but this was some really unfortunate stuff....
                  Not to mention the RPI headshot on the Sioux at 5 mins into the first. Didn't even have the puck. Should have been at least interference, if not charging or 5 min major. Way worse than Yale's but nothing called
                  2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
                  2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
                  Air Force Falcons
                  2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
                  2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
                  2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
                  2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
                  2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
                    "Debacle?" You mean the officials correctly calling a goal on a puck that was clearly in the net? How much more photographic/video evidence do you people need?
                    Hijacking a thread about hits? This is why so many hate UofMichigan..
                    "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
                      Hijacking a thread about hits? This is why so many hate UofMichigan..
                      Well, there are many reasons for the hatred, but I'd have to say that winning tops the list. The subject of the thread was NCAA Officiating, which somehow fits into the OT goal debate with Michigan/UNO.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                        Well, there are many reasons for the hatred, but I'd have to say that winning tops the list. The subject of the thread was NCAA Officiating, which somehow fits into the OT goal debate with Michigan/UNO.
                        That it does. Nevergoodenough apparently has an axe to grind.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                        X