X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that part of the criterion for Hobey is "character on and off the ice". Nothing against Frattin, he seems to be a great player and a reasonable human being, but didn't he recently have run-ins with the law (if someone can correct me on this, that would be great)? If so, I'm not sure that qualifies as character off the ice.
    I thought there had been some questions about him in th epast-that is why I posed the question. I am pretty sure however that all is usually forgiven when the voting comes around and they just look at your stats for the year involved.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Don't feel so bad... Sioux just hung a six spot on Gwoz.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        I thought there had been some questions about him in th epast-that is why I posed the question. I am pretty sure however that all is usually forgiven when the voting comes around and they just look at your stats for the year involved.
        He had a couple run-ins with the law (one for throwing crap onto the street and another for DUI) which led to him being dismissed from the team and losing his scholarship. He was allowed back for this season. I think many are in agreement that if he wins, it verifies that they put no weight whatsoever on the character component of the award.
        APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
          He had a couple run-ins with the law (one for throwing crap onto the street and another for DUI) which led to him being dismissed from the team and losing his scholarship. He was allowed back for this season. I think many are in agreement that if he wins, it verifies that they put no weight whatsoever on the character component of the award.
          Maybe it would be more accurate if they redefined the award-to only include how a player performs on the ice-and remove all reference to character and academic achievement. Just call it something like-The Best Hockey Player Award.

1. Candidates must exhibit strength of character both on and off the ice.

2. Candidates must contribute to the integrity of the team and display outstanding skills in all phases of the game.

3. Consideration should be given to scholastic achievement and sportmanship.

4. Candidates must comply with all NCAA rules: be full time students in an accredited NCAA college or university; and complete 50% or more of the season
          Last edited by DrDemento; 03-27-2011, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Looking to next season: Who's hoping we can get some Raider Revenge on Colgate at next year's Freakout?
            Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Maybe it would be more accurate if they redefined the award-to only include how a player performs on the ice-and remove all reference to character and academic achievement. Just call it something like-The Best Hockey Player Award.

1. Candidates must exhibit strength of character both on and off the ice.

2. Candidates must contribute to the integrity of the team and display outstanding skills in all phases of the game.

3. Consideration should be given to scholastic achievement and sportmanship.

4. Candidates must comply with all NCAA rules: be full time students in an accredited NCAA college or university; and complete 50% or more of the season
              In my opinion, he then doesn't meet #1 or #2. Looks like your award name is more correct. Kinda has a nice, obvious ring to it
              Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Americans love giving second chances to sports figures so I dont see why people are making such a big deal about Frattin. Its not like he killed a bunch of dogs or a human and then was allowed to play again. Besides how many Hobey Baker winners have made huge impacts in the NHL? That is not a knock on any former winners it is an actual question.
                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                  Looking to next season: Who's hoping we can get some Raider Revenge on Colgate at next year's Freakout?
                  Save that for whenever the freakout is next year and post it in the scores thread. Freakout is what it is, a promotional attempt by the 'Tute to fill the Field House. It is just another game on the ECAC schedule.
                  Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                    Save that for whenever the freakout is next year and post it in the scores thread. Freakout is what it is, a promotional attempt by the 'Tute to fill the Field House. It is just another game on the ECAC schedule.
                    Agreed-but it sure is nice when we win it.

Comment

We already learned that character doesn't play any real significant role when Eric Ehn of Air Force was turned aside for the Hobey in favor of a guy who wasn't even the best player on his line (let alone the country) who is now playing in Austria while his two linemates play in the NHL, one of which was just the captain of a Stanley Cup winning team.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

He had a couple run-ins with the law (one for throwing crap onto the street...
                        Was the port-o-john backed up? Sorry...couldn't resist...
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                          York has already been drafted...but it sounds like he doesn't know whether he wants to go pro yet or finish out his RPI career with that last year of college hockey.
                          My best guess is that York is gone !!!
                          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                            My best guess is that York is gone !!!
                            See post #27.
                            Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Just some opinions for Coach Appert who I really like esp as a recruiter. Roll four lines and three sets of d at least thru half the game. The d did look tired esp seniors and Bailen and they were the ones getting beat. Nothing to lose by playing the freshmen and the experience would have benefitted them. Chase looked tired in some games maybe this would have helped I know the flu didn't. Play Burgdoerfer big good skater good shot puck handler. this is the type size of winger looking to recruit. Had more points than Rogic Halpern Tinordi Smith in limited play. BTW does York have some kind of offer on the table to go pro? I thought Columbus liked his development and wanted it to continue. JMO

Comment

Doesn't this look more appropriate? FYP
                                That's not a Big Red One.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X