This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Today is 26 April 2011. There are 158 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
      The folks over there at ELynah are calling the entire past few weeks as a win for them. They also seem to think that Yale is losing everyone, when they still have Miller and O'Neill who imho, are their 2 best players.
      That used to be a proud fanbase. Now they have to crow about what's NOT happening there (i.e. coaches moving on to bigger and better programs, players cashing in with NHL contracts early) to feel good about themselves? Pathetic.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        That used to be a proud fanbase. Now they have to crow about what's NOT happening there (i.e. coaches moving on to bigger and better programs, players cashing in with NHL contracts early) to feel good about themselves? Pathetic.
        Addition by subtraction...
        with love from our friends in Pyongyang
        Last edited by fr joe; 04-27-2011, 07:50 AM.
        Here we come!

Comment

Today is 27 April 2011. There are 157 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Can any of you predict which team in our Division will be 'the' team to beat or is it too early to speculate (we're still allowed to do that, right? )

Comment

Also, there's an asterisk next to my name at the bottom of the page...am I targeted for sniping practice or has that always been there?

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                Can any of you predict which team in our Division will be 'the' team to beat or is it too early to speculate (we're still allowed to do that, right? )
                Conference, not division.

Yale is the champion and brings back lots of talent and is reloading, so they are the team to beat.

Princeton would be very tough and have a number of great young forwards, but who knows what will happen with them losing their coach. Same for Union. Cornell has a nasty habit of bouncing back from down years.

Teams I think will show the most improvement (in no particular order): Colgate, Harvard, St. Lawrence

Teams that will drop off the most: Union (this one is in order), Dartmouth, Clarkson

Comment

Also, there's an asterisk next to my name at the bottom of the page...am I targeted for sniping practice or has that always been there?
                  It means that is the person who is signed in, namely yourself. There will be a plus next to anyone who has friended you.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Your serious aren't you?
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post

Yale is the champion and brings back lots of talent and is reloading, so they are the team to beat.

Princeton would be very tough and have a number of great young forwards, but who knows what will happen with them losing their coach. Same for Union. Cornell has a nasty habit of bouncing back from down years.

Teams I think will show the most improvement (in no particular order): Colgate, Harvard, St. Lawrence

Teams that will drop off the most: Union (this one is in order), Dartmouth, Clarkson
                      Ya Think...Harvard,St.lawrence & Colgate won 7,6,4 games respectivley...and Union lost there Coach and #1 Goalie.....Clarckson lost there coach and most likely some recruits to follow(can you say turmoil)The only prediction I will make is the 'tute for a SOLID top 4 team...I think Bryce is going to surprise everyone.I think SA plannned on Alan leaving this year all along and is quite comfotable with Bryce and that was the plan all along.I would not be surprised to see Diebold come in before Kassdorf regardless of what his coach says because I think he is more prepared coming out of the USHL.JMO that and $8.00 will get you a starbucks coffee !
                      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Today is 28 April 2011. There are 156 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          Your serious aren't you?
                          Well Doc...speculation has become a dirty word lately...

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                            I'm just gonna' go bleach my hair blonde right now

Comment

Hockey's Future http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article..._dallas_stars/

Mike Bergin, D, 22
                              Acquired: 7th round, 209th overall, 2008

Rangy defenseman Mike Bergin has put together a second straight virtually injury-free season with RPI and he has made great strides in his development. In 32 games, Bergin set a career high for points with 18 which was good for second among all Engineer blueliners. Last year, legitimately Bergin's first full year in college hockey, proved to be a solid foundation for a great year in 2010-11. The Ottawa native played a more confident game at both ends of the rink and routinely led or joined the rush.

Bergin is a big, smooth-skating defender who plays a strong two-way game who leads by example and will be counted on as a leader even further in subsequent year(s) as an Engineer. He plays a heady game at both ends of the rink and exhibits largely mistake-free hockey. It wouldn't be unfair to say that Bergin has risen to the level of sleeper prospect for the Stars.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'm just gonna' go bleach my hair blonde right now
                                Please post a picture for us.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X