This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done

This probably isn't the appropriate thread, but I wanted to share my admiration for the 2010-11 Rensselaer team. Hard to feel good after losing in the tournament, but there's no reason to feel ashamed. They represented their school and their conference well, and the program's clearly on the right track. Nicely done.

Comment

Re: Well done

Originally posted by Mr. Webber View Post
      This probably isn't the appropriate thread, but I wanted to share my admiration for the 2010-11 Rensselaer team. Hard to feel good after losing in the tournament, but there's no reason to feel ashamed. They represented their school and their conference well, and the program's clearly on the right track. Nicely done.
      It's quite alright, sir. We are all quite proud of what the team has done this year, and we're very happy to hear anyone else's opinion on our team here.

Comment

Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        The article states that we will lose eight seniors. Unless that is a mistake, that would have to include Malchuk who was supposed to come back for a redshirt year. IIRC, he wasn't even honored on senior night.
        You're not seriously going to allow a publication as uninformed on college hockey as the Times-Union to build doubt on this, are you? The writer clearly just counted seniors and assumed they were all leaving. Not a terrible assumption but obviously a faulty one.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          You're not seriously going to allow a publication as uninformed on college hockey as the Times-Union to build doubt on this, are you? The writer clearly just counted seniors and assumed they were all leaving. Not a terrible assumption but obviously a faulty one.
          I expected him to be back, and I still expect him to be back.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Here is the list of expected recruits along with the uniform numbers that they wore this year.
            Code:
            5  Curadi
            9  Schroeder
            10 Leonard
            15 Laliberte
            21 Haggerty
            22 Neal
            27 McGowan
            All except for Neal and McGowan are wearing numbers that either weren't used this season or are being used by graduating players. My guess is that they will all use those numebrs and Neal and McGowan will take 16 and 26, respectively.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Here is the list of expected recruits along with the uniform numbers that they wore this year.
              Code:
              5  Curadi
              9  Schroeder
              10 Leonard
              15 Laliberte
              21 Haggerty
              22 Neal
              27 McGowan
              All except for Neal and McGowan are wearing numbers that either weren't used this season or are being used by graduating players. My guess is that they will all use those numebrs and Neal and McGowan will take 16 and 26, respectively.
              Sounds logical. Should we make Luke's number smaller (so that he looks even bigger) than everyone else's just as an intimidating factor?
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                He played a few shifts late in the 3rd - and had arguably the best hit (the Rabbani pancake aside) by an RPI d-man all day. Patty stepped up and drilled a NoDak forward crossing the blueline..textbook.
                Patty is just plain out a player. He has great hockey instints. Good hockey genes from his father and uncle.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Sounds logical. Should we make Luke's number smaller (so that he looks even bigger) than everyone else's just as an intimidating factor?
                  It was suggested that he wear 1.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't think that the post game interviews have been posted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKpxoRjJgCM.

Edit: Pregame http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCNx_vj_eiE
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-27-2011, 04:18 PM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

http://www.hobeybakeraward.com/

Comment

It was suggested that he wear 1.
                        Doesn't this look more appropriate? FYP

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                          Interesting random tidbit...whoever the color guy is for the UND/Denver game on ESPNU, he has Frattin, Miele, and Polacek as his Hobey Hat Trick.
                          APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                            Interesting random tidbit...whoever the color guy is for the UND/Denver game on ESPNU, he has Frattin, Miele, and Polacek as his Hobey Hat Trick.
                            That would be my choice also. BTW how much, if at all, does character matter?

Comment

My turn to add my two cents (I apologize if it is incoherent, just spilling some thoughts):
                              I am, like everyone else, disappointed that we lost, but in no way surprised either -- beating UND when we finally got back on our NCAA feet was a very tall order. The thing I am most proud of is the fact that for the first and third periods, our defense was some of the best I've seen from RPI all season! I mean, we went against one of the best offensive teams in the nation! Just imagine if we had played in ECAC like that in February

I'm nervous about York, but I'm pretty sure even if we do lose him to the pros next year, Seth Appert will know how to get Merriam or anyone else who will be a goaltender up to speed.

We are on the right track -- I loved the graphic they showed about our records since SA took over as head coach. Best of all of those statistics though is the fact that only the last two years or so have been pretty much under his direct control for recruitment -- and in the second of those years, we made the NCAAs. We had some seriously epic wins (Big Red Freakout, anyone?). We swept a team all season that was consistently ranked higher than us in all relevant polls and stats (Dartmouth). We still played relatively well overall even with mass amounts of injuries and sickness. These are not things to look past.

We still have some of the best, most passionate fans in all of college hockey -- and not because we consistently win, but because we are true fans who know what rooting for your team really means and we remember that it is only a game, and the real point is to just have fun with it.
                              Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                That would be my choice also. BTW how much, if at all, does character matter?
                                I'm pretty sure that part of the criterion for Hobey is "character on and off the ice". Nothing against Frattin, he seems to be a great player and a reasonable human being, but didn't he recently have run-ins with the law (if someone can correct me on this, that would be great)? If so, I'm not sure that qualifies as character off the ice.
                                Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Working...
                                X