X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Cost containment, less travel, and a 1/6 shot of a sure fire NCAA bid????

It was Chris Lerch who dropped it on the Thursday night Frozen Four chat room.
    I'd have more concern that there was thought of trying to move us all back down to D-III. Why else would you stick us all into a league like that?

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
      I believe the rest of the ECAC members, including Colgate, like being peers with the Ivy League. Personally, I'm not interested in a small, six team league in which the members would undoubtedly play each other 4 times, nor do I think it will necessarily reduce costs significantly. The ECAC does not have a tremendous amount of travel for league play. In the grand scheme of things moderately longer bus trips for Colgate to Cambridge, Hanover and Providence instead of Canton and Troy are not the major cost drivers. Non-league travel, facilities, salaries and scholarships (which they could drop in the ECAC if they wish) are major expenses that are not inherently going to decline just by swapping leagues.

If college hockey breaks up into a bunch of 6 team fiefdoms I know this long-term fan will be far less interested in the product. I don't think I'm unique in that respect.
      Getting rid of scholarships in the league would be a great reason for 5 of the 6 non-ivies to switch leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
        There is no way the existing ECAC teams would leave to join RIT in an even less prestigious alignment.
        I can see why RIT would want this new league to form but like RB said it really only benefits them. I think RIT would love to eventually get into the ECAC (especially with a brand new arena in the works) and get out of Atlantic Hockey but with 12 teams the ECAC seems pretty stable. The only way I see this happening is if one of the current teams drops hockey (not likely) or a team switches leagues. IMO, the only school I see switching leagues is Quinnipiac with a move over to Hockey East.

Comment

Plus, if the 6-team league is formed or RIT somehow nudges themselves into the ECAC, you KNOW that Niagara will also want in as soon as possible so they can get back to 18 scholarships. With Q-Pac and the 6-team, they'd probably want in, as they'd have no home. But for all intents and purposes, the 6-team really would only benefit RIT. As much as I don't like the Ivy League, if they're a necessary evil, so be it.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Niagara looked towards the CCHA once the BTHC is formed in order for them to get back up to 18. I wonder if there are any other western Atlantic teams that would look to follow, like maybe Robert Morris. Either that or Alabama-Huntsville would try to get in...

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            No, it's not on the schedule. The ECAC games are Sat. Dec. 10 at RPI....Sat. Jan. 14 at Union. Top of schedule has; TO BE SCHEDULED....(H) Bentley....... at Union
            Unless that Union game is a placeholder for the LP event. There is an opening on that weekend, but that's no guarantee that it will happen.

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
            This may have been posted already, but I got a season ticket brochure int he mail today that includes a schedule.

There is no UNH game on there. There are "to be schedule" games verse Bentley and at Union (why would we go on the road to Union???).
            Because #26 needs the revenue. Although it'd be interesting if they made it a game at the TUC with the night-cap (or game before) be a Devils game, and have some kind of 2-fer deal. Heck, it'd really be something if they could time it with the Devils playing Springfield: York vs. Kincaid!

Comment

There's an interview with Appert in the current issue of Statler & Waldorf. I don't think it's online yet, but it may be eventually.

He mentions how he thinks the student section is great and how he would like to see attendance go from 3,500 to 4,000 a night, and how the attendance gives us the home advantage. He also mentioned a bit about his history and his first coaching opportunity, and why he came to RPI. Last question was "If you were an animal, what would you be?" and he said he'd be a dolphin.

If I can find the article online later when it's archived I'll add the link here.

Comment

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
                There's an interview with Appert in the current issue of Statler & Waldorf. I don't think it's online yet, but it may be eventually.

He mentions how he thinks the student section is great and how he would like to see attendance go from 3,500 to 4,000 a night, and how the attendance gives us the home advantage. He also mentioned a bit about his history and his first coaching opportunity, and why he came to RPI. Last question was "If you were an animal, what would you be?" and he said he'd be a dolphin.

If I can find the article online later when it's archived I'll add the link here.
                I wonder why he said a dolphin...

BTW Ralph, have you noticed there's a bug on this site with the multi-quote? When I went to reply to RKarger's post, I noticed a multi-quote that I did earlier was showing up.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

BTW Ralph, have you noticed there's a bug on this site with the multi-quote? When I went to reply to RKarger's post, I noticed a multi-quote that I did earlier was showing up.
                  That's not a bug -- it's a feature. Since the v-Bulletin update last October, it has been working that way. I have never wanted to multiquote the same post mroe than ocne, so it indeed doesn't make sense to me.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

It's short, I'll type it up.
                    S&W: If you were an animal, what would you be?
                    SA: It's funny, I've seen this question but haven't thought about it much before. It's a good question. I guess I would say...a dolphin. They are fast, they travel in packs. They aren't loners, and I would say I'm a people person. THey seem to be energetic optimistic animals, and I think that probably fits my personality the best.

Comment

It's short, I'll type it up.
                      I would have been concerned if he had said he wanted to be a nittany lion.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        I would have been concerned if he had said he wanted to be a nittany lion.
                        Well, if he REALLY wants to hang out at LeMoyne...

Comment

The editor-in-chief of S&W is working on getting a transcript of the entire interview up online. It's pretty good, and Appert mentions the recruits for next year.
                          Last edited by REDaero91; 04-20-2011, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                            The editor-in-chief of S&W is working on getting a transcript of the entire interview up online. It's pretty good, and Appert mentions the recruits for next year.
                            I would like to relay this message: *editor-in-chief of the S&W shakes fist (in the most loving way possible)*
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Today is 21 April 2011. There are 163 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Today is 21 April 2011. There are 163 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                                This countdown is beginning to remind me of Bottles of Beer on the wall.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X