• Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
    He was honored on Senior Night.
    My bad then.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 27 March 2011. There are 188 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        The article states that we will lose eight seniors. Unless that is a mistake, that would have to include Malchuk who was supposed to come back for a redshirt year. IIRC, he wasn't even honored on senior night.
        I have been told by a most reliable soure that Joel is coming back. He could be one of the leader of this team-hopefully he will be back. We got a litle taste of NCAA tourament action this year-next year we need to follow that up with another appearance and hopefully as a higher seed.
        Last edited by DrDemento; 03-27-2011, 11:56 AM.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Just a quick question regarding the ND game which someone who was there might answer. I don't recall seeing Koudys on the ice at all out there. Maybe I missed it but with Le-beef scratched, I expected to see Koudys a lot. Did he get hurt early? I would have expected to see Koudys a lot in the 3rd if he was available.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
            Just a quick question regarding the ND game which someone who was there might answer. I don't recall seeing Koudys on the ice at all out there. Maybe I missed it but with Le-beef scratched, I expected to see Koudys a lot. Did he get hurt early? I would have expected to see Koudys a lot in the 3rd if he was available.
            I asked the same question on the game thread and was told that he had been on the ice in the first period.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am pretty sure he was out there towards the end, also. Just didn't get a much time on ice as the upperclassmen. And wasn't it Patty they were talking about being valedictorian of his class and wanting to come to RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                He was honored on Senior Night.
                But they said during his little blurb that he will be returning to RPI
                RIT Tigers
                2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
                  But they said during his little blurb that he will be returning to RPI
                  You can watch the Senior Night festivities and see exactly what they said here, courtesy of RPI TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoot the Puck View Post
                    And wasn't it Patty they were talking about being valedictorian of his class and wanting to come to RPI.
                    Yes it was.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

And now just my $.02: I don't think we embarrassed ourselves at all, we were in that game until late and in the end, the bigger,faster,stronger team that was supposed to win, won. My goals going into the season were to get 20 wins and to win the ECAC championship ( leading to an NCAA appearance). We got two of those and thats alot more that what we could say in other years, I would have loved to see a new championship banner in the fall but theres nothing to be ashamed of. The graphic they put on T.V showing our record since Appert came in says it all. Our time is coming,this team will get better and will win championships. Ive been going to RPI games since 1998 (not following them closely until about 04) and never have i been more proud to be a RPI hockey fan.
                      RIT Tigers
                      2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                      2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                        You can watch the Senior Night festivities and see exactly what they said here, courtesy of RPI TV.
                        Well, they said quite clearly that he would be back.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          I was wondering why SA did not give Bryce the call for the third period once this one was beyond hope. Certaily it would have been good experience for him. Perhaps he has some information that we do not have that this was the swan song for York? I am just thinking out loud-but it would have been nice to see Bryce get 20 minutes in the NCAA tournament.
                          I wondered the same thing for the other returners/youngsters...Koudys, Tinordi, Merriam. I would have had them out there to start the 3rd. If I have one knock on Seth, its that he snubbed Koudys, LeBouef & Tinordi..all of whom, IMO, could have helped us in the Gate series and yesterday. Bailen and Foss looked like their legs were going to fall off in the 3rd yesterday...just as they did in game 3 vs. Gate. I trust our skipper, but I don't have to agree with him all the time.

My deepest thanks, respect and appreciation to our SENIORS !!! You will be missed but always remembered ! GO RED !
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Well, they said quite clearly that he would be back.
                            Yes indeed RB, there's been little mystery about this from Appert...Joel will return.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

He played a few shifts late in the 3rd - and had arguably the best hit (the Rabbani pancake aside) by an RPI d-man all day. Patty stepped up and drilled a NoDak forward crossing the blueline..textbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                I wondered the same thing for the other returners/youngsters...Koudys, Tinordi, Merriam. I would have had them out there to start the 3rd. If I have one knock on Seth, its that he snubbed Koudys, LeBouef & Tinordi..all of whom, IMO, could have helped us in the Gate series and yesterday. Bailen and Foss looked like their legs were going to fall off in the 3rd yesterday...just as they did in game 3 vs. Gate. I trust our skipper, but I don't have to agree with him all the time.

My deepest thanks, respect and appreciation to our SENIORS !!! You will be missed but always remembered ! GO RED !
                                After watching our upperclass defensemen get undressed by NDak forwards badly in the second period-I honestly thought the freshmen should have been out there all third period long. We played NDak tough for the first period-the they seemed to change tactics-they no longer shot the puck in but simply carried it in tryng to beat our defensemen one on one-and they succeeded. Don't take this wrong-I really think we are nowhere near the talent level of NDak-we seemed to draw the worst possibly opponent for us in the first round-but for the first 20 minute i really felt we could play with them. We were faster and hit them harder early. Even the announcers were surprised for that first period. After that, well the talent took over-our defense just let us down and our offense for the most part topped pressuring the puck coming up ice. I am still one proud RPI fan and with 48 years experience at this can honestly say things are really looking up.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X