X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    How much more construction is being done to HFH? Someone mentioned that all the seats were getting a fresh coat of matching red paint over the summer and possibly a new sound system installed. Unless theres plans to build something down at the east end of the rink, I dont see why the stage couldnt be put back in time for the start of next season.
    Fresh coat of paint? Honestly some of those seats in there are plain broken.

Comment

Again, all I have heard are rumors. There may be plans to replace some or all of the seating in the HFH. It is also possible that something will be built on the stage end of the rink, possibly a weight room. Now when that is done, its possible that the stage could be rebuilt on top of the weight room, but we won't know until things actually start getting built on that end of the ice.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        Again, all I have heard are rumors. There may be plans to replace some or all of the seating in the HFH. It is also possible that something will be built on the stage end of the rink, possibly a weight room. Now when that is done, its possible that the stage could be rebuilt on top of the weight room, but we won't know until things actually start getting built on that end of the ice.
        What's wrong with using the weight facilities right across the access road in that new ECAV building? Is it not suitable enough for D-I level training?

If they want to build anything, put an enclosed (enough to control access for ID checks) bar area down there about 8-10 feet high, tap Brown's in there (they still sponsor the team, right?), obviously a small insert for the goal judge, and then put the band on the roof of that area. They could make it either portable or collapsible so you can get freight in and out using the access behind (or just double the use of the zamboni entrance). Granted I don't know if it could support about 7-8 tons (probably what it would have on top for Freakout), but it may be worth the speculation.
        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 04-05-2011, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
          I'm a little sad that Colgate's going to be the Freakout opponent only because it makes it unlikely that we can play a song or two with their band. With all the alumni back for Freakout and being up in the stands, it doesn't seem like moving the Colgate band up to play with us would work very well. I really liked playing with Colgate this year, their band is great.
          Colgate's band is a lot of fun to play with. I used to enjoy playing with Cornell's band as well, until we invited them up on stage with us at the Field House. After we played a song or two with them, they started loudly heckling Nate Marsters. We quickly ushered them off stage, and my opinion towards them was never the same again...
          RPI Pep Band Ex-Ex-Ex-...-Ex Conductor

RPI Hockey 1954, 1985
          UConn Basketball 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
            I've always liked the idea of flattening off the section of stands above the visitor locker room. We'd retain the stage feel, and be way above the action, so the view would be better and sound would carry across the entire building. I have a soft spot for the stage, but acoustically it sucks...
            RPI Pep Band Ex-Ex-Ex-...-Ex Conductor

RPI Hockey 1954, 1985
            UConn Basketball 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Timmah! View Post
              I have a soft spot for the stage, but acoustically it sucks...
              The idea of placing the band in the location with the best acoustics!

I hope this idea occurred to someone who's engineering the overall plans (or that someone can advocate for this idea to someone with decision-making and budgetary authority!)
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                RPI AT UNH. I may need a road trip.
                Any trip to NH has the added bonus of tax-free liquor

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I am waiting for 123,456.
                That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! The kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage! ~ Dark Helmet

Ralph, Woulda thought you would prefer 123,321, already having gone above 112,358

Comment

Originally posted by HighlanderRPI View Post
                  That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! The kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage! ~ Dark Helmet

Ralph, Woulda thought you would prefer 123,321, already having gone above 112,358
                  There are lots of good numbers.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

CP was named 2nd Team InCH All American http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...nchaa_2011.htm.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

CP was named 2nd Team InCH All American http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...nchaa_2011.htm.
                      Can't really argue with their choices. Well deserved honor for Chase.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

and fireworks.

Originally posted by HighlanderRPI View Post
                        Any trip to NH has the added bonus of tax-free liquor

I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                          and fireworks.
                          I could have picked those up going to watch Dubuque play Youngstown. They actually had a fireworks table AT THE GAME!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            I could have picked those up going to watch Dubuque play Youngstown. They actually had a fireworks table AT THE GAME!
                            I actually would prefer The Swim.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I actually would prefer The Swim.
                              I've never been to British Columbia.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                I've never been to British Columbia.
                                I have. I once attended a conference in Victoria.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X