• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    There Will be a Title Here Next Season

We're going to take a Bath next season.
    You're trying too hard.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

All this Allen York talk should be in the RPI in the Pros thread so could you take it over there please? Congrats to him for making the next step and now we move on and look towards what is next. Coach Appert has a ace up his sleeve im sure or maybe he rolls with Bryce, after all he was recruited to be a #1 goalie someday and that day is now.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

no doubt Bryce is now #1 but do we want to go with Coupal as #2....and that's not a knock on Jeremy, he was taken off the "club" team to be 3rd string, a.k.a., practice goalie.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          no doubt Bryce is now #1 but do we want to go with Coupal as #2....and that's not a knock on Jeremy, he was taken off the "club" team to be 3rd string, a.k.a., practice goalie.
          I am sure that we will bring in another goalie. The question is if it will be Kasdorf or someone else.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am sure that we will bring in another goalie. The question is if it will be Kasdorf or someone else.
            It would not make sense from Kasdorf's perspective to wait another year and not come in next year. I am sure that during the recruiting process, Coach Appert presented an open ended arrival date based on what York would do.
            Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

My pictures from Green Bay are up. I made them a public album on my Facebook page, so no derogatory comments

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=8130d15917
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Helfrich will be the next to sign. Then Chase. Kennedy is waiting to graduate in May. I dont know about Foss.
                Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                All the best to Allan York. Make us proud.
                Any indication on a possible signing in Polacek's future?
                Also, I would expect to start to hear about Helfrich and Foss and maybe even Kennedy signing pro contracts.
                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                  Helfrich will be the next to sign. Then Chase. Kennedy is waiting to graduate in May. I dont know about Foss.
                  Again, I'm kind of new to the whole college hockey thing, bear with me...

Signing now means they leave now? Even though there's only about 2 months of school left?

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post

Signing now means they leave now? Even though there's only about 2 months of school left?

Yes, the contract starts the date it is signed. York is assigned to Springfield of the AHL, and could be there the next game that Springfield plays. That's why no one signed from RPI in the three weeks they were waiting to get in, because if they signed and RPI was invited, whoever signed couldn't play.
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Hmm, another undergrad making a mistake...unless he likes Springield, MA... good luck Allan

FYI, Puppa was not a engr major...
                      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                        Hmm, another undergrad making a mistake...unless he likes Springield, MA... good luck Allan

FYI, Puppa was not a engr major...
                        SS-Maybe a mistake and maybe not. Just depends on the money. If they gave him mucho dinero, taking it now is only a slight gamble for him. If it doesn't work out he can always finish his degree in one year. Leaving after the freshman year-now that can be a huge mistake. We will never know all the things that went ito York's decision. Money, injury status, pressure from his draft organization Columbus. I guess this is the price we will be paying with the quality of recruits that SA is able to convince to come to Troy. It has been quite a while since we lost 3 undergrads to the pros in a two year period. And i agree, Puppa was not an engineering major in my recollection.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Are you sure? I just dug up the 1984-85 RPI Hockey Yearbook (i.e., media guide) and it states that he was a management major.
                          Interesting. I was there in '84-'85 and remember someone telling me that he was an engineer. Maybe they were wrong. I never saw a media guide though.

Comment

Yorkie gone is a major blow for next year. No doubt about. If Seth is going to bring in a new goalie I hope he makes the tough call and decides on who his number one goalie is early in the season.

Comment

Another tough break for your program, I hope our counterpart in Schenectady doesn't follow suit. York was a tough hombre and will be hard to replace but I'm sure Appert will be proactive and I think Merriam has promise. As for York, I hope he chooses to get his degree. With 3 years invested, it would be a shame not to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post

York has been assigned to Springfield. The Falcons have only six games remaining in the regular season and have no chance of making the Calder Cup playoffs. Their last game will be April 10.

It doesn't seem impossible that York could return to campus after April 10, having missed only two weeks of classes, and finish the semester. Whether he actually would do it or not depends on how academically oriented he is, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X