Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Michigan OT Goal

May be the worst call, EVER.

I, for one, am happy to see the Wolverines leave the CCHA. Officials cater to those whiny-*** bi***** so bad it's now become a joke.

Re: The Michigan OT Goal

Where was the 'conclusive evidence' that supports overturning the on-ice call?
    Here we come!

Comment

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, and after looking at the far distant replay from the other end of the ice, it does APPEAR as though the puck had crossed the line. Problem with that is the angle can't be determined because the shot was from 100 feet away.

Here is the only issue I have with the whole situation. The call on the ice is no goal. Two things: 1) if it takes 10 minutes to find the puck, aren't we trying to find a way to CALL it a goal, instead of confirming the call on the ice?, 2) if you have to call three other people in to see the replays, isn't that THE VERY definition of "inconclusive?" If one guy can't determine that it is a goal, it automatically is inconclusive.

I will be at peace when someone can refute the above....with a justifiable explanation of how those two things are NOT true....
      If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
        I'm not a conspiracy theorist, and after looking at the far distant replay from the other end of the ice, it does APPEAR as though the puck had crossed the line. Problem with that is the angle can't be determined because the shot was from 100 feet away.

Here is the only issue I have with the whole situation. The call on the ice is no goal. Two things: 1) if it takes 10 minutes to find the puck, aren't we trying to find a way to CALL it a goal, instead of confirming the call on the ice?, 2) if you have to call three other people in to see the replays, isn't that THE VERY definition of "inconclusive?" If one guy can't determine that it is a goal, it automatically is inconclusive.
        You are so right on the mark.
        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

The officials are only permitted to use the overhead view for review rulings. If there was irrefutable evidence to overturn the ref's initial "no goal" call then I'm a Wolverine! When they interviewed Piotrowski on the ruling it was all bulls**t from him, that guy has thrown more games in his career than I can remember plus he and Red are best golfing buddies in the off season.

Comment

I will be at peace when someone can refute the above....with a justifiable explanation of how those two things are NOT true....
            Agreed
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

Glad to see my suspicions on the definition of "inconclusive" are being confirmed. Either way, third place in the WCHA in our first year is not a bad start. We didn't get our business done with Bemidji and we were lucky that things fell into place to get into the Big Skate. Mavs have a bright future....
              If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

..it took them that long.. should have just let the kids continue play.
                Not very nice.

On the bright side.. you have Blaise.. UNO will be back.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                  Where was the 'conclusive evidence' that supports overturning the on-ice call?

I couldn't believe they called it a goal.
                  Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    The officials are only permitted to use the overhead view for review rulings.
                    http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...loads/IH12.pdf

From the rulebook:
                    Logistics and Equipment. The instant-replay official must be located in a
                    secluded area of the building with an unobstructed view of the ice surface.
                    The location must be large enough to seat three people and have space
                    necessary for monitors, replay and recording equipment.
                    The instant-replay official must be provided with a 20-inch monitor for
                    replay, with other equipment to be designated by the tournament committee.
                    All potential replay angles will be made available for review. All relevant
                    personnel shall be made aware of what angles will be available.

The instant-replay official must be supplied a telephone with direct
                    contact to the timer’s bench.
                    HR-104 Appendix C
                    For NCAA tournament competition, the NCAA will be responsible for the
                    expenses involved with wiring the replay equipment.
                    The television producer shall “burn in” the game clock showing the time
                    remaining in the period during the last minute of each period.
                    Last edited by Greyeagle; 03-26-2011, 10:12 AM.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

*****http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7052/goalo.jpg******

It was pretty conclusive from this angle.

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                        I couldn't believe they called it a goal.
                        right here

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                          Ok, that helps a bit, but still... this was far from "conclusive evidence" to overturn the original "no goal" call. Feel bad for the UNO kids. They did not deserve to leave the tournament on a call like that.
                          Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
                          ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
                          Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
                          Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
                          NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
                            right here

That is what you are using as "conclusive evidence"???? Whoah. No wonder it took 10 minutes and three guys to make that call. Granted, it might well be over the line, but how do you know that for 100% certainty if you cannot see the puck (likely under his pad)?
                            Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
                            ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                            Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
                            Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
                            Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
                            NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

While it very well may be fully over the line that shot is hardly conclusive.
                              Originally posted by CavalryNate
                              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X