NCAA Championship Game Adrian Vs St. Norbert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Championship Game Adrian Vs St. Norbert

A few thoughts about today's game.The Green Knights were outhustled to most of the loose pucks last night as witnessed by the SOG totals the scoreboard had it 48-18 Norwich.Obrien was hot and the Cadets did'nt do a very good job of finishing around the net.The Knights took advantage of the chances they had with two quick goals in the third, they will need to do the same tonight. Adrian played a physical game frustrating the Lakers and had pretty good team speed.They did'nt move the puck as quickly thru the neutral zone with some forwards holding on to it when they could have got it wide to an open man.The Bulldogs once set up in the zone created and finished their oppourtunities.Defensive lapses by the Laker D doomed them.This should be a classic game.Good Luck to both teams.
    The West is the Best: Jim Morrison and the Doors from The End

Re: NCAA Championship Game Adrian Vs St. Norbert

I THINK St. Norbert will win, but Adrian looks like it is a team on a Mission from God.

Coach Coughlin put it best in the post game presser when he likened Adrian's experience to a pro team. 17 seniors that have played together for 4 years, running the same system, been on the same lines, same power play combinations. The goalie has been #1 since day 1. You don't see that too often in college hockey.

And if the Norwich women can win a title in their 4th year as a varsity program, why not Adrian?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

This is it. Last game of the season.

Should be a great game! I'm hoping for a reversal of their last meeting's score
      Adrian College Bulldogs!
      MCHA Champs & Harris Cup Champions: 2008, '09, '10, '11
      NCAA Tournament: 2010, '11

AC '09

Comment

Congrats to both teams, and good luck today.

I can't say that I see who the winner is, but I hope it is a game worthy of a championship.

I'll be pulling for (because of the past history, and the pleasure of meeting (some of) their fans in lake Placid (Bobsled Run!) SNC to win!
        Go 'Wick!

Comment

Have to pull for our NCHA friends SNC. Bring another home to DePere!
          WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
          NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
          WIAC Championships: 10-11
          NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
          NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

I'm pulling for the Bulldogs because I was impressed with the way their team conducted themselves at the NSB tournament in Northfield. Classy bunch, and I like their fans. OTOH, I won't get bent out of shape if SNC wins - after all, losing to the eventual champ is better than losing to the second place team. Good luck to both sides and make it a memorable game!
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              I'm pulling for the Bulldogs because I was impressed with the way their team conducted themselves at the NSB tournament in Northfield. Classy bunch, and I like their fans. OTOH, I won't get bent out of shape if SNC wins - after all, losing to the eventual champ is better than losing to the second place team. Good luck to both sides and make it a memorable game!
              Losing is still losing.
              http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                Losing is still losing.
                Getting to the final four and losing is better than not getting there at all. You can lose with class or be a sore loser. I say congratulate the winners and enjoy the final game.

Comment

WNYO will have coverage of the game starting at 7:30 ET
                  WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    Getting to the final four and losing is better than not getting there at all. You can lose with class or be a sore loser. I say congratulate the winners and enjoy the final game.
                    Prof

Yep. Norwich did not lose the game - they were defeated. There is a difference.

I think there will be a lot of "ifs" on the flight back. But hockey is a game of funny bounces and luck. Not to take anything away from Parker Carroll, but the experience of B.J. O'Brien helped settle the Green Knights in the 2nd period when Norwich was storming the battlements. He's been there, done that. Parker can file this under NCAA 101 and with a spot of luck, he can get to NCAA 404.

2 seniors lost from the dressed list?!?!!?!?!??!?!!! The future is bright and I hope to see more of the maroon & gold @ Lake Placid next year.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Prof

Yep. Norwich did not lose the game - they were defeated. There is a difference.

I think there will be a lot of "ifs" on the flight back. But hockey is a game of funny bounces and luck. Not to take anything away from Parker Carroll, but the experience of B.J. O'Brien helped settle the Green Knights in the 2nd period when Norwich was storming the battlements. He's been there, done that. Parker can file this under NCAA 101 and with a spot of luck, he can get to NCAA 404.

2 seniors lost from the dressed list?!?!!?!?!??!?!!! The future is bright and I hope to see more of the maroon & gold @ Lake Placid next year.
                      It looked to me as though Parker whiffed a little bit on the first SNC goal, but you are right. That's a heck of stage to stand on, and there is no question that NU will be back. The firepower that we have coming back is pretty impressive, and I'm proud as heck to be a fan of this team. It was a fun year, and I can't wait to do it all over again. Tonight's game should be an interesting contest.

The field of four this year was outstanding. I know the reasons for not having a consolation game, but it would have been nice to see how NU and OSU would stack up against each other if they were both playing a game that mattered (which usually is not how the consi game was played before they did away with it)

Comment

Originally posted by osupbpmike View Post
                        wnyo will have coverage of the game starting at 7:30 et
                        ...must be a BIG game then....

Nice professional touch committing to cover the Championship...you guys are the BEST
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

The live blog for tonight's National Championship is up and running.

Stouthockey.com will be running the live blog from the laptop this evening high above ice level at Ridder Arena.
                          WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
                          NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
                          WIAC Championships: 10-11
                          NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
                          NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Going to go walk the dog here soon, and get locked and loaded for the game here tonight.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

In the big chair with a pint of Double Bag.,wishing Norwich was in the Final but ready to watch a good game of Hockey.
                              GO CADETS!
                              DIV 3 CHAMPIONS 2000, 2003, 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X