Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA championship weekend coverage

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    My Oswego-Bowdoin recap was posted right away. I just don't think it was linked off the front page, just from the scoreboard/recap page. No one else was able to make any of the other quarterfinals.
    That I did not know. The only link on the front page was to Costello's 16 team proposal and the scoreboard. Since I knew the scores, why go to the scoreboard. You would think they could have made arrangements for stringers to cover the other three games. I'm sure some of our fearless posters here would even volunteer to cover those games in exchange for a press pass and a byline.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      That I did not know. The only link on the front page was to Costello's 16 team proposal and the scoreboard. Since I knew the scores, why go to the scoreboard. You would think they could have made arrangements for stringers to cover the other three games. I'm sure some of our fearless posters here would even volunteer to cover those games in exchange for a press pass and a byline.
      You would think...

Especially with the "broadcast" online only... a lost opportunity if there ever was one...

Perhaps when the dust settles Management should re-examine their mission statement and let us all know what it is....

On the other hand, the free help (us!) did all their heavy lifting....
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
        You would think...

Especially with the "broadcast" online only... a lost opportunity if there ever was one...

Perhaps when the dust settles Management should re-examine their mission statement and let us all know what it is....

On the other hand, the free help (us!) did all their heavy lifting....
        Or maybe Webb will think about starting a D3EHockey site. Some of his contributors are better known for their association with Eastern Teams.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          Or maybe Webb will think about starting a D3EHockey site. Some of his contributors are better known for their association with Eastern Teams.
          It would only take three or four threads that appear here to make it work....
          LakerEagleLover

Comment

Pictures up on D3WH

Adrian - Oswego:
            http://www.d3westhockey.com/FFPhotosADROSW032511.html

St. Norbert - Norwich:
            http://www.d3westhockey.com/FFPhotosSNCNU032511.html

Comment

http://www.d3westhockey.com/FFPathsWeTake032611.html

An article on Fogarty's old man.

Comment

Photos and chatter already filling up live blog at: www.stouthockey.com/blog

Come in, it's warm and cozy!
                WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
                NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
                WIAC Championships: 10-11
                NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
                NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

The original championships live blog is up and running over at D3WH.

You can find the only live blog not in danger of being shut down because its operator is violating his NCAA press credentials by running it right here.
                  2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
                  2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
                  2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
                  Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Carey View Post
                    The original championships live blog is up and running over at D3WH.

You can find the only live blog not in danger of being shut down because its operator is violating his NCAA press credentials by running it right here.
                    Anyone got a score?
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by joeyc3402 View Post
                      Awesome article.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I have the championship coverage up. The semifinal recaps and photos would have been posted sooner, but with Michigan-UNO going to OT, it made it a lot more difficult last night. And while I am the DIII AND Women's editor, I started with USCHO as a lowly beat writer for DI (Denver, and later also CC and AFA), and I still do a lot of recap writing and shooting for DI.

On another note, I would love to get more DIII recap writers for next season. I do want to continue to build the DIII coverage, and this season was spent mostly learning about it. If anybody is interested in writing DIII recaps next year, get in touch with me over the summer and send me some clips, and we'll see what happens.
                        "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                          I have the championship coverage up. The semifinal recaps and photos would have been posted sooner, but with Michigan-UNO going to OT, it made it a lot more difficult last night. And while I am the DIII AND Women's editor, I started with USCHO as a lowly beat writer for DI (Denver, and later also CC and AFA), and I still do a lot of recap writing and shooting for DI.

On another note, I would love to get more DIII recap writers for next season. I do want to continue to build the DIII coverage, and this season was spent mostly learning about it. If anybody is interested in writing DIII recaps next year, get in touch with me over the summer and send me some clips, and we'll see what happens.

You have to absolutely be kidding me.
                          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                            You have to absolutely be kidding me.
                            You're sayin' what the rest of us are thinking'...
                            LakerEagleLover

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post

Is this supposed to be some sort of joke?

Comment

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'm not feeling the love from some disgruntled former employees. I have allowed links to competing sites because I think this sport needs all the coverage it can get. And because I like you guys. But ripping on USCHO, which extends this courtesy to you, and has led the charge for more exposure to this sport for over a decade, is bush. We, as Matt can attest, are stretched thin especially when the D-III finals are held in the West.

Unfortunately as I fight for more resources for D-III, I have been presented with the cold, hard facts that over the last couple of years, D-III interest has plateaued, while the other three areas (D-I men, D-I women, D-III Women) are still growing. Is this a checken-or-the-egg thing? Does my ego suggest that after I had to stop putting my heart and soul into D-III coverage things stopped growing? Was it when all the RIT fans left? No, I would be giving myself and them too much credit. For whatever reason I think there are external forces that have caused interest in D-III to plateau. Attendance is down at many of the big schools compared to 5 years ago. That's an area for investigation I'd like to explore. Maybe I'll come out of retirement to do it.

But in the meantime, yes, we are always looking for recappers. We have a heck of a time finding them at D-III schools. Jaslow and most of our writers drive a ridiculous amount of miles to cover games when they can. Despite the fact that the number of page views on D-III recaps is well below their D-I counterparts, we still want more. If we get more writers, I can guarantee you that I will fight for another recap editing position on the weekends. But we have to have the writers lined up and committed, or we're not going spend the resources, especially on something with a smaller nucleus of interest.

This was the second year in a row I failed to see a D-III game and that sucked. As it is, I have three games left this year to see, and I hope they're good. For those out West, maybe I'll see you in St. Paul.

Comment

Working...
                                X