No announcement yet.

My Team's Out, So I'm Cheering for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Team's Out, So I'm Cheering for...

BU (obviously).
    Rooting interests: UNH (bf's alma mater), Union (parents' alma mater), WMU, RPI (would be nice to see for a few friends).

Would not want BC (obviously). Not thrilled at the prospect of Merrimack (don't like their style), but it would be quite a story.

Comment

I usually stick with rooting for WCHA schools, minus UND and Becky of course.

So go

UMD
      Denver
      CC
      UNO
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

Wisconsin is my team...

Pulling for Air Force...a true cinderella team who always shows up and plays hard. No NHL signee's, no Canadians, no big guys...just a buch of kids on a well-coached team playing very well. Add the fact that their typical day starts at 5am and ends at 10pm (school and military training). Pretty amazing!

Comment

Badgers fan:

1) Anyone playing against BC
          2) Western Michigan - Cancer feel-good story
          3) Air Force - Military connection
          4) Any WCHA team
          Operation Iraqi Freedom IV - FOB Falcon/FOB Loyalty - Baghdad, Iraq
          Operation Iraqi Freedom II - FOB Danger - Tikrit, Iraq
          Kosovo Force 4B - Camp Monteith - Gnjilane, Kosovo

Comment

It would be really cool to see Merrimack make it far. I hope they do. It's good for Hockey East and hopefully means more competition there instead of just the usual.

After that, I will be ok with BC winning it again. It's good for Hockey East and I think it would be hilarious to have a team from Boston winning the NC 4 years in a row.

(Wonder how long it takes to be called out for not being a true BU fan again...)

Comment

Is tough because know many kids on several tourney teams and would like to seem them do well...but I'll go with:

1. Miami - "local" team
              2. Western - great story
              3. Air Force - am a AF vet
              4. UNO - the only tourney team we beat

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                anyone betting against York in the playoffs is a dam fool.
                The coach, or the goalie, or both?
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                  RPI (a tough engineering school in the middle of nowhere with brutal winters, a lopsided guy/girl ratio, an extremely nerdy and fun pep band, and a storied college hockey history...
                  That is funny and accurate!

I remember the story the campus tour guide told a prospective female student....even though the guy / girl ratio appears to be 3 to 1, of those three guys, one already has a girlfriend back home, one is so enamored of video games that you'll never see him away from his joystick, so that the 'effective' ratio is actually 1 to 1).
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    1. RPI
                    2. tUMD (if only to make sure their fanbase makes the F4, as they are loads of fun)
                    3. Air Force

Other than that? Don't really care at this point.
                    Thanks, Brent, and everyone else who mentioned RPI.

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    Teams that this Tech fan will turn to in order to give him a sliver of hope:

- UND (would be cool to see a MacNaughton/Broadmoor/NCAA triple crown again, possibly with Frattin bringing home the Hobey for good measure)
                    - Western (a return to respectability, plus Littlest Cancer Patient mojo workin')
                    - RPI (a tough engineering school in the middle of nowhere with brutal winters, a lopsided guy/girl ratio, an extremely nerdy and fun pep band, and a storied college hockey history...now if a certain OTHER school I know of who fits that description would just follow suit...*pouts*)
                    - Michigan (I root for them out of spite for the college hockey gods)
                    Twitch, the analogy of being in the middle of nowhere isn't really correct because RPI is only a few miles form Albany, the state capital. It lies at what once was the crossroads of the roads between Boston and Buffalo and between NYC and Montreal. The rest certainly is correct.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

I remember the story the campus tour guide told a prospective female student....even though the guy / girl ratio appears to be 3 to 1, of those three guys, one already has a girlfriend back home, one is so enamored of video games that you'll never see him away from his joystick, so that the 'effective' ratio is actually 1 to 1).
                      Don't some of the girls have boyfriends back home also? BTW, my class (1968) had a m/f ratio of over 40 to 1.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

"The odds are good, but the goods are odd."
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Michigan State guy here...

Pulling for Miami and WMU because it's the CCHA, Miami deserves one after all of their experiences and WMU for the underdog turnaround/touching cancer story. Though really don't want Michigan to take it.

Other than that, just not Boston College becuase I am tired of seeing them every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            It lies at what once was the crossroads of the roads between Boston and Buffalo and between NYC and Montreal.
                            Yeah, things just haven't been the same since they tore down Interstate 87.
                            Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Michigan Tech fan

cheering for : Air Force
                              WCHA teams
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                                If that happens, it would be in the semi-finals again, not for the title.
                                yes i know, hence why i said "frozen four" and not "title game"
                                Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X