No announcement yet.

My Team's Out, So I'm Cheering for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Team's Out, So I'm Cheering for...

Badger fan...

Rooting for

1. Western Michigan
    2. Anyone playing NoDak
    3. Anyone playing BC
    4. CC or Duluth

Comment

Don't really care. But, I'll force myself to rank a few.

1. Daloot.
      2. RPI.
      3. The Mack.
      4. What the hell, WMU I guess.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Terrier Fan, rooting for:

1. Miami
        2. North Dakota
        3. UNH

...... and Colorado College on Friday. :-D

BU Alum '07

Comment

1. Merrimack
          2. Union
          3. North Dakota
          4. Whoever is playing UNH

I really hope it's a North Dakota/BC Frozen Four game.
          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Anyone besides Michigan, UMD, and North Dakota.
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Northeastern fan rooting for:

1 - Notre Dame
              2 - Merrimack
              3 - Miami

Comment

Dartmouth and UMass fan rooting for:

1) Yale (it'd be cool for an Ivy to win it, even if it's from New Haven)
                2) Union (ECAC team w/o championship)
                3) RPI (ECAC team, rank it below Union since they've got two big trophies)
                4) WMU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSGyAs-BpCI)
                5) Merrimack
                Dartmouth College: NCAAs 1948 1949 1960 1979 1980
                University of Massachusetts: NCAAs 2007, ECAC Div. II Champs 1972

"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  tUMD (if only to make sure their fanbase makes the F4, as they are loads of fun)
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                    Yeah, you hate tUMD, they hate you. I get it.

Just call me the Henry Hill of college hockey. I hang with the best, and mingle among the soldiers.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Teams that this Tech fan will turn to in order to give him a sliver of hope:

- UND (would be cool to see a MacNaughton/Broadmoor/NCAA triple crown again, possibly with Frattin bringing home the Hobey for good measure)
                      - Western (a return to respectability, plus Littlest Cancer Patient mojo workin')
                      - RPI (a tough engineering school in the middle of nowhere with brutal winters, a lopsided guy/girl ratio, an extremely nerdy and fun pep band, and a storied college hockey history...now if a certain OTHER school I know of who fits that description would just follow suit...*pouts*)
                      - Michigan (I root for them out of spite for the college hockey gods)
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        Teams that this Tech fan will turn to in order to give him a sliver of hope:

- UND (would be cool to see a MacNaughton/Broadmoor/NCAA triple crown again, possibly with Frattin bringing home the Hobey for good measure)
                        - Western (a return to respectability, plus Littlest Cancer Patient mojo workin')
                        - RPI (a tough engineering school in the middle of nowhere with brutal winters, a lopsided guy/girl ratio, an extremely nerdy and fun pep band, and a storied college hockey history...now if a certain OTHER school I know of who fits that description would just follow suit...*pouts*)
                        - Michigan (I root for them out of spite for the college hockey gods)
                        Just a note: If Frattin, sorry, if MMFF wins the Hobey, toss that whole "character issues" qualification out the window. He has the stats, but......

Other than that? Reasonable argument.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                          I really hope it's a North Dakota/BC Frozen Four game.
                          If that happens, it would be in the semi-finals again, not for the title.

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                          Anyone besides Michigan, UMD, and North Dakota.
                          What if UMD and UND met for the title? Then who do you cheer for?

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          UND (would be cool to see a MacNaughton/Broadmoor/NCAA triple crown again, possibly with Frattin bringing home the Hobey for good measure)
                          Heck yeah, I like your thinking.
                          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Just a note: If Frattin, sorry, if MMFF wins the Hobey, toss that whole "character issues" qualification out the window. He has the stats, but......

Other than that? Reasonable argument.
                            I think the importance of character was proven to mean little to the committee when Eric Ehn didn't win the Hobey...he had the numbers AND the character. Haha, not that I'm STILL bitter about that.

Nothing to do with this thread but I had to throw that in there.
                            Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                            -dggoddard

Comment

Western Michigan
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                                What if UMD and UND met for the title? Then who do you cheer for?
                                A bus explosion.
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X