Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

Well, I think Michigan Tech's search for a new coach deserves its own thread and here it is...at the top of my list is Cary Eades, Associate Head Coach at North Dakota.
    Originally posted by UND Website
    Cary Eades is in his 14th season on the Fighting Sioux coaching staff, having served two different stints under head coaches Dave Hakstol and John "Gino" Gasparini.
    Eades was promoted to associate head coach prior to the 2006-07 season after serving as an assistant in his first year.

Involved in all aspects of the Sioux program, Eades' responsibilities with UND include coaching the power play, an area in which he has a great deal of expertise as both a coach and player. The Sioux have led the WCHA in power-play efficiency twice (2008-09 & 2006-07) and ranked third last season despite the absence of injured All-America defenseman Chay Genoway. UND's power-play has also ranked among the top seven nationally in three of the last five years under Eades.

In addition to his UND coaching duties, Eades is heavily involved with USA Hockey. He has worked numerous national festivals and in August 2006, he was named head coach for USA Hockey's Under-17 team that participated in the Three Nation's Tournament in Rochester, N.Y.

Prior to joining the UND staff in 2004, Eades spent the previous 11 seasons (from 1994 to 2004) as head coach of the boys hockey team at Warroad (Minn.) High School. A former UND player, Eades led Warroad to three Minnesota state class "A" championships and posted a 237-62-6 (.787) overall record.

This is Eades' second stint on the UND coaching staff. Eades previously was an assistant coach for the 1987 NCAA and WCHA champion Sioux while serving as a member of former UND head coach Gino Gasparini's staff for seven seasons (1984-91).

Prior to that, Eades played hockey at North Dakota for four seasons (1978-82), playing on two UND national championship teams (1980 and 1982) and three WCHA championship teams (1979, 1980, 1982). He was UND's team captain his senior season (1981-82).

Eades played in 144 games for the Sioux, scoring 85 goals and 79 assists for 164 points. His 85 career goals are tied for ninth on the all-time Sioux list. UND compiled a 117-47-3 record during Eades four years of college. After his college playing career, Eades played professional hockey for two seasons in the St. Louis Blues organization.

At Warroad, Eades led his team to seven Section 8 championships and two state runnerup finishes in addition to the three state championships. He was the 1996 Minnesota State High School Coach of the Year and a three-time Section 8 Coach of the Year.

Prior to taking over at Warroad, Eades spent two seasons as general manager and coach of the Dubuque Fighting Saints of the United States Hockey League. The Saints qualified for the national junior tournament both seasons under Eades and were the 1993 national junior champions. At Dubuque, Eades posted an overall win/loss record of 86-46-7 (.647).

Eades' family includes his wife, Dana, and his children, Alexandra (17), Edward (14) and Erica (12).
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Re: Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

I agree, he really deserves to step up and get a chance at head coaching since Hakstol isn't going anywhere soon.
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

The only person who being head coach of Michigan Tech would be a step up for is the guy who cleans the monkey cages at the zoo.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Well, I think Michigan Tech's search for a new coach deserves its own thread and here it is...at the top of my list is Cary Eades, Associate Head Coach at North Dakota.
        Fabulous resume, but I could recruite into North Dakota. Can he bring some solid players to Houghton that is the question. Really hard to know and would he want to leave a great progam where he played his hockey?????

Comment

Originally posted by Houghton77 View Post
          Fabulous resume, but I could recruite into North Dakota. Can he bring some solid players to Houghton that is the question. Really hard to know and would he want to leave a great progam where he played his hockey?????
          Feel free to name your candidates, thats what this thread is all about...
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Feel free to name your candidates, thats what this thread is all about...
            Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
              Hill.
              I'll pay Minnesota to keep him away from my alma mater

Comment

I'll pay Minnesota to keep him away from my alma mater
                I'll pay Minnesota to send him to yours.

Comment

I don't think Hill could do a worse job, so what's to lose?
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    I don't think Hill could do a worse job, so what's to lose?
                    About 30 games per season?

Comment

Eades' family includes his wife, Dana, and his children, Alexandra (17), Edward (14) and Erica (12).
                      Relocation would be very tough for the two youngest kids at their ages. In one respect, Eades would really have to lust for a head coach slot to uproot his kids now rather than waiting a few years for them to finish high school with their friends. If he is a father before he is a coach, he has to think long and hard about the effect of moving on his children.

Comment

I put in a good word as I passed him on my way out of Reid's on Saturday (aka, I begged him to be our coach). Luckily, both of us were drunk, and he was ****ed that they wouldn't let him in after bar close. Pretty sure Yager had a conversation with him and didn't even realize who he was
                        @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
                        I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

Originally posted by Boosh View Post
                          I put in a good word as I passed him on my way out of Reid's on Saturday (aka, I begged him to be our coach). Luckily, both of us were drunk, and he was ****ed that they wouldn't let him in after bar close. Pretty sure Yager had a conversation with him and didn't even realize who he was
                          Why doesn't that surprise me

Comment

Lets start throwing out some names of assistants in the WCHA or other major conferences that would like the opportunity to become a Head Coach. Eades may be the guy on paper, but is he willing to leave?
                            "The proper time to do the proper thing is before you have to do it."

Comment

Originally posted by get a grip View Post
                              Lets start throwing out some names of assistants in the WCHA or other major conferences that would like the opportunity to become a Head Coach. Eades may be the guy on paper, but is he willing to leave?
                              Who knows, but I certainly hope so.

Comment

Working...
                              X