Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Eades and......Eades and......Eades and......smoking the....well you get the point! I want the Bird!
    To be honest it's hard to argue with a guy like Hastings head coach experience (and winning record); and a year under both Lucia and more importantly Blais. If Blais hired him, that's good enough for me.

Comment

Only one coach boarded the plane in Houghton
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        Only one coach boarded the plane in Houghton
        Well somone provided bad information then. But one coach is fine for now as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
          don't laugh.
          Really? So Tech will now pay the top assistant more than the head coach made last year?
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I haven't heard anything...but it is reasonable to assume that Michigan Tech is interviewing "finalists." I would be completely satisfied if that group was Hastings, Guentzel and Eades
            I hope this is the group left for the MTU head job. Please hire soon.

Look UMass_lowell, Providence, MSU and Union all filled there positions before tech.

Comment

To be honest it's hard to argue with a guy like Hastings head coach experience (and winning record); and a year under both Lucia and more importantly Blais. If Blais hired him, that's good enough for me.
              It might end up having Omaha flavor in the end even if it is not Blais but Hasting or Guenzell. Mike or Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
                I hope this is the group left for the MTU head job. Please hire soon.

Look UMass_lowell, Providence, MSU and Union all filled there positions before tech.
                Yes whats taking so long.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  Really? So Tech will now pay the top assistant more than the head coach made last year?
                  ???

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                    Hastings currently makes $105,000 as Associate Head Coach at UNO.
                    If the associate head coach was making less than Russell at UNO why would they have to pay the current UNO 2nd assistant coach more than Russell to become a top assistant?
                    Last edited by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS; 04-22-2011, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Is Hastings bringing Guentzel in as his top assistant?
                      Maybe Eades is the Head coach and Hastings and Guentzel will be the assistants. Talk about a winning combination. Nobody in the WCHA would compare to this group.

Comment

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=87830

"A source told the Herald today that Crookston native Mike Hastings, currently an assistant at Nebraska-Omaha, was in Houghton, Mich., interviewing for the Michigan Tech job. To my knowledge, the only other person who has been brought to campus so far was longtime Michigan assistant Mel Pearson, who ended up turning down the job.

Tech is pulling out all the stops for this hire, including a charge after Omaha head coach Dean Blais. When this was first reported by Pat Micheletti on Beyond the Pond, I (along with others) dismissed it. But I’ve been told the exact same thing by two sources: Blais and Tech went surprisingly far down that road. It surprises me as much as anyone."
                        Much more disappointing than missing Pearson. This AD is on the ball and exceeding I would believe most everyones expectations and should be given credit where credit is due. The mere suggestion of even pursuing Blais would have gotten her laughed at by most everyone in the college hockey world but apparently she did it and came close to making it happen if the story above is credible.

Anybody think there isn't a connection between the two paragraphs in the story above.

This coaching search is first class and once this piece (the most important piece) of the puzzle is in place, I would have to believe she is going to go thru the entire hockey operations and make changes. I will be surprised if Marks remains the SID for the hockey program.
                        Last edited by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS; 04-22-2011, 11:11 PM.

Comment

If the associate head coach was making less than Russell at UNO why would they have to pay the current UNO 2nd assistant coach more than Russell to become a top assistant?
                          That 105 for Hastings was only base salary. Guentzel was based at over 120 when he was at Minnesota.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Stop complaining about BASE salary, everything we're talking about has been base. You think tech can't be compete with the "other" money? We're trying to compare apples to apples. No one knows total compensation so why argue that over and over?
                            Edit: sorry not sober during post...although I blame the phone.
                            Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 04-23-2011, 12:37 AM.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Guentzel made 120 at Minnesota. The 105 that Hastings made at UNO was base salary only. You would have to, at bare minimum, pay Guentzel more than he would get for moving up to replace Hastings at Omaha.

Comment

We're trying to compare apoles to apples.
                                In all fairness, I am pretty sure that one of those grows on a tree and I assume the other is some sort of irrelvant ranking system of NCAA hockey programs..

Comment

Working...
                                X