Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

All you might have to drink for one or two months before a coach is introduced.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
      All you might have to drink for one or two months before a coach is introduced.
      If this isn't done in the next 30 days...I'll "eat my hat" (I really don't know what to bet). The announcement will probably happen within a week of the end of the AHCA Conference.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

The only reason for the Penn State "shoe to have to fall" is if MTU's administration let's it. The talk of having to start over, or wait three weeks, is beyond belief. If it's that disorganized maybe you should just bury it.

There is no correlation between the candidates at PSU and MTU. Totally different pool.

So you swung and missed with Mel ~ get over it and move on. The lists on the site are ripe with good candidates, but if one or two haven't been in Houghton by the time the coaches meet in Naples, they'll at be laughing at Amateur Hour in the UP. Once you start the process, you better be willing to see it through or it appears confused and unplanned. Precisely what no coaching candidates want to see from a prospective employer whose support they will need to right the MTU program.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          I'm about 99% sure that Mel is completely out of the picture now....
          Cue the Dumb & Dumber pic
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbayguy View Post
            The only reason for the Penn State "shoe to have to fall" is if MTU's administration let's it. The talk of having to start over, or wait three weeks, is beyond belief. If it's that disorganized maybe you should just bury it.

There is no correlation between the candidates at PSU and MTU. Totally different pool.

So you swung and missed with Mel ~ get over it and move on. The lists on the site are ripe with good candidates, but if one or two haven't been in Houghton by the time the coaches meet in Naples, they'll at be laughing at Amateur Hour in the UP. Once you start the process, you better be willing to see it through or it appears confused and unplanned. Precisely what no coaching candidates want to see from a prospective employer whose support they will need to right the MTU program.
            I'm not sure I agree...Mel was the guy they wanted...they swung and missed...now they have to figure out what direction they want to go...nothing about this process is really known...maybe other candidates have been contacted, I'm not hearing anything but I didn't hear much about Mel until Friday of last week. It certainly is better for Tech to keep things quiet. Annoying to us but better for the process. Hopefully guys like Eades and Guentzel have been contacted and interviews have been scheduled, etc.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
              Cue the Dumb & Dumber pic
              I'm bored so double post:
              *****http://letterstorob.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/a_chance-jpeg.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                I'm bored so double post:
                *****http://letterstorob.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/a_chance-jpeg.jpg******
                Even though that is when he actually says it, I prefer this photo:

*****http://i56.tinypic.com/2zzm1oy.jpg******

the state of hockey is good

Comment

*****http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3469/3383390953_ed2eb26c43.jpg******
                  So you're saying there's a chance Birdie?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    *****http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3469/3383390953_ed2eb26c43.jpg******
                    So you're saying there's a chance Birdie?
                    Nice vintage picture. May require a frame in a few weeks. If you can pry Gino from $15,000/month at SCSU, maybe they come as a package deal!

Comment

Does anyone think Newell Brown would be interested??? You figure if he was gonna get a NHL HC job he would have gotten it by now and maybe the Tech job would be a nice fit to ride out into retirement. Guess maybe it is just wishful thinking....

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
                        Does anyone think Newell Brown would be interested??? You figure if he was gonna get a NHL HC job he would have gotten it by now and maybe the Tech job would be a nice fit to ride out into retirement. Guess maybe it is just wishful thinking....
                        I'm pretty sure Tech isn't looking for a guy looking for a job to ride out inot retirement...

Comment

Well Brown is 4 years younger than Pearson ... so I guess I was hoping he'd be at Tech for a while....

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbayguy View Post

I am keeping my fingers crossed that coaches will or have been in prior to the Naples coaches meeting.

Comment

Rumors now swirling that Mike Hastings was in Houghton today.

Edit: They aren't just based on USCHO posts.
                              Last edited by Flashy Man; 04-21-2011, 05:46 PM.
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Well to respond to the dirty one.

Been a lot of places, but hiking is one of my passions and I'd put U.P. hiking up against anyplace. I like Zion NP or Arches as great places to hike, but really right near Houghton is wonderful rock climbing, mountain biking, and terrific hiking, and it's not a 6 hour drive, it's 10 minutes. there are so many hiking trails you could do a different one every week all summer for 10 years and not repeat.
                                The fishing is great, as you can go for the stream trout like brookies, or the big lake fish, not to mention the smelt. The hunting is great too, and the back packing and the camping are a lot of fun with good facilities.
                                If you are into boating Lake Superior or the lakes around Houghton are totally beautiful.
                                In the winter people drive 10 to 12 hours to snowmobile up there. Its not 40 below like it is daily in Grand Forks during the winter, and it's not 95 like it is often in Grand Forks in August.
                                Plus Isle Royale is really special as well.

I'm sure North Dakota is nice, but The Keweenaw is just much nicer if you like the out of doors. But you are right, it can be pretty dumpy in places if all you look at are the buildings.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X