Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
    I feel Whitten may move into a hockey operations role, much like he had at Michigan State.
    My Whitten ties for the job.
    1. Brian Renfrew
    2. Dave Shyiakl
    3. Rick Comley
    4. Newell Brown
    Last edited by yooper(UP) hockey; 03-23-2011, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
      Suzanne and other sources have gone on the record that salary will not be a factor this time around.
      I don't think we should point to this too much. This is just like the Gophers Football coaching search and they said money wouldn't be a factor this time. They found out that even with money they couldn't lure the top up and comers to MN and ended up with Jerry Kill making roughly the same kind of money as the previous coach. I could see that happening here.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
        I don't think we should point to this too much. This is just like the Gophers Football coaching search and they said money wouldn't be a factor this time. They found out that even with money they couldn't lure the top up and comers to MN and ended up with Jerry Kill making roughly the same kind of money as the previous coach. I could see that happening here.
        Thats why i would like to see Ron Rolston be the next coach he is coaching the USA-18 team for the last seven years. He is a good hockey guy he has coached Harvard, BU, LSSU and Clarkson. I am not for hiring former tech alumni again but he brings something diffrent to the table than any other coach.

Comment

I don't think Dave Shyiak will apply for the job. He finished second to Jamie Russell the first time and probably feels like that opportunity has passed. I also don't know whether he would be a good fit for all those quitters who currently skate for Tech...

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
            I don't think Dave Shyiak will apply for the job. He finished second to Jamie Russell the first time and probably feels like that opportunity has passed. I also don't know whether he would be a good fit for all those quitters who currently skate for Tech...
            I really think he is going to take over for Walt Kyle when he is gone without an interview.

Comment

Dave Shyiak was indeed in the running for head coach when Jamie was hired. he was one of the finalists. I think the Northern connection did him in.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                Dave Shyiak was indeed in the running for head coach when Jamie was hired. he was one of the finalists. I think the Northern connection did him in.
                So your saying that Shyiak is not a canidate for the present tech head coach because of his nmu connections.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
                  I really think he is going to take over for Walt Kyle when he is gone without an interview.
                  Except Walt Kyle isn't going anywhere any time soon.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    Except Walt Kyle isn't going anywhere any time soon.
                    I know that Walts not going anywhere but when he does Shyiak will be knocking loud to let him in.

Comment

Does anyone know who has applied or has been contacted for the head coach job?

Comment

yes (I'm sure someone does).
                        But don't hold your breath waiting for you and me to be consulted.
                        Last edited by geezer; 03-23-2011, 03:04 PM.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I'm pretty sure this would fall under the category of highly confidential information. Except of course for Shirtless' knack for getting info at the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                            I'm pretty sure this would fall under the category of highly confidential information. Except of course for Shirtless' knack for getting info at the bar.
                            It would be nice if they did bring the top three canidates to a public interview like they do for some public jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              yes.
                              But don't hold your breath waiting for you and me to be consulted.
                              I just dont want tech to make another mistake because who ever they hire could make or break the program for good.

We need a Jeff Jackson and/or a Dean Blais to bring the huskies to the promise land. Green Bay Packers did it twice in 30 years the huskies can too.

Comment

I just dont want tech to make another mistake because who ever they hire could make or break the program for good.

We need a Jeff Jackson and/or a Dean Blais to bring the huskies to the promise land. Green Bay Packers did it twice in 30 years the huskies can too.
                                I hear you. What's scary is, I think you're right. We could easily be dropping hockey in 5 years if the program isn't more well-supported. It won't be more well-supported without winning games.
                                No pressure, Suzanne. It's only the most important hire since George Washington's election.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X