Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

You have to figure that as soon as a thread appears announcing the new coach (in advance of a real announcement) that any deal is at that point doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
      You have to figure that as soon as a thread appears announcing the new coach (in advance of a real announcement) that any deal is at that point doomed.
      In that case, who is going to start the "John Hill to Tech" thread?
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        In that case, who is going to start the "John Hill to Tech" thread?
        Rud

Comment

• Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
          Did Eades apply? interview?
          Eades did not apply, but yes he did interview. He will apply if offered the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbayguy View Post
            Eades did not apply, but yes he did interview. He will apply if offered the job.
            And you know this because?
            For Eades to consider the move it would have to be 4+ years, north of $200,000, plus perks and an annuity should the turnaround be successful. Eades' published salary doesn't accurately reflect the total of his current salary. With teenage kids, the move is going to have to be made attractive.
            I can't argue this point completely but there isn't a single coach out there who's published salary accurately reflects the total of his salary. I highly doubt Jamie Russell made $125k like the data shows. If Eades was offered a base salary of $175k and I don't see why he wouldn't be satisfied if it was negotiated up to $200k for the base plus perks, etc.
            Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 04-18-2011, 12:16 PM.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              And you know this because? Because I asked, he was at the Plymouth (MN) Ice center most of the weekend for the RBK NIT high school tourney. As he was my high school coach (Warroad, MN) I wasn't afraid to have a conversation with him.I can't argue this point completely but there isn't a single coach out there who's published salary accurately reflects the total of his salary. I highly doubt Jamie Russell made $125k like the data shows. If Eades was offered a base salary of $175k and I don't see why he wouldn't be satisfied if it was negotiated up to $200k for the base plus perks, etc.
              . I can't argue this point completely, either, but do know the age of his children and their school involvement, necessitates an "attractive" package.

Comment

I am pretty sure he interviewed with Shirtless at the FF. I got the transcript of the interview off the Internet:

SG: Full given name?
                CE: Cary Blizzard Eades.
                SG: Where do you want your paycheck mailed?
                CE: My home address will be fine.
                SG: Ok, I think we have everything we need. Your hired. You can let us know the amount to put on each check after you get settled.

Ryan J
                Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 04-18-2011, 12:31 PM.
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  I am pretty sure he interviewed with Shirtless at the FF. I got the transcript of the interview off the Internet:

SG: Full given name?
                  CE: Cary Blizzard Eades.
                  SG: Where do you want your paycheck mailed.
                  CE: My home address will be fine.
                  SG: Ok, I think we have everything we need. Your hired.

Ryan J
                  Sign him up....

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                    While I see what you're saying...the average person thinks "exhausted eligibility=graduation"
                    It's the same line of thinking that people have regarding the AHL and the "minimum age requirement" which isn't a rule. It's just easier to say they're too young than to explain the CHL/NHL agreement and how Canadian Junior players can't play in the AHL or ECHL is because of the no-compete the CHL has for their kids until their four year eligibility is burnt up.

Thus, generally a departing senior is a "graduate" for the most part. (And eventually, they do finish their degree since they're a semester or two away from getting the degree when they turn pro).
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

. I can't argue this point completely, either, but do know the age of his children and their school involvement, necessitates an "attractive" package.
                      Oh, I know the age of his children and the security of his current situation would require Tech to make a substantial offer to get him to leave. That's one of the bigger reasons I wanted the Sioux to win it all this year so maybe Cary felt of an itch to be a Head Coach, since he would have accomplished everything he could with Hak.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

What happened! I guess we're starting over, I wonder if Mel had serious interest or was just looking for something from UM.

Last time around, did Mel finish 2nd or did he decline the job?

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                          What happened! I guess we're starting over, I wonder if Mel had serious interest or was just looking for something from UM.

Last time around, did Mel finish 2nd or did he decline the job?
                          He finished 2nd to Tim Watters, he declined to interview when Russell was eventually Hired.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            They gave the student athlete of the year award thing on TV to a guy who majored in "Entrepreneurship"
                            Do you know the meaning of the word entrepreneur? It's French for unemployed. We used to joke that the schools known for entrepreneurship are the ones with lousy placement offices...
                            "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                            Abe Lincoln

Comment

I guess Mel just isn't up to the challenge, he's gotten soft standing in Red's shadow. If he's been saving his money, he'll probably retire in two years along with Red. I hate to say it but after today's non-announcement, I'm starting to get bored with all of this...
                              "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                              Abe Lincoln

Comment

Ok, time to repost this list with some modifications:

The list of names (assuming Mel is out)

My Top 3:
                                Cary Eades - Associate Head Coach - North Dakota
                                Brett Larson - Assistant - Minnesota-Duluth
                                Tim Coghlin - Head Coach - St Norberts College

College Assistant Coaches:
                                Steve Rohlik - Top Assitant - Ohio State
                                Steve Miller - Top Assitant - Denver
                                Mike Guentzel - Assistant - Nebraska-Omaha
                                Brent Brekke - Top Assistant - Miami-Ohio
                                Brett Larson - Assistant - Minnesota-Duluth
                                Mike Hurlbut - Assitant - St. Lawrence
                                Paul Pooley - Associate Head Coach - Notre Dame
                                Mike Gibbons - Assistant - St. Cloud State
                                Mike Hastings - Top Assistant - Nebraska-Omaha
                                Dane Jackson - Assistant - North Dakota

USHL Head Coaches:
                                Ron Rolston - Head Coach - USNDPT U-18
                                Danton Cole - Head Coach - USNDPT U-17
                                Eric Rud - Green Bay
                                Mark Carlson - Cedar Rapids
                                Jim Montgomery - Dubuque
                                Kevin Hartzell - Sioux Falls
                                Kevin Patrick - Muskegon

DIII Head Coaches:
                                Scott Bell - Hamline University
                                Ron Fogarty - Adrian College

Others:
                                Cory Laylin - Head Coach - Buffalo (Minnesota)
                                Jim Johnson - Associate Head Coach - Norfolk (AHL)
                                Andy Murray - Former Head Coach - St Louis (NHL)
                                Frank Serratore - Head Coach - Air Force (AHA)

Retreads:
                                John Markell - Former Head Coach - Ohio State
                                Rick Comley - Former Head Coach - Michigan State
                                Craig Dahl - Former Head Coach - St Cloud State
                                Doug Woog - Former Head Coach - Minnesota
                                Frank Anzalone - Former Head Coach - Lake Superior State

Comment

Working...
                                X