Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

If a decision really was made this quickly, I have a pretty strong feeling that it's Pearson.

I guess we'll know Monday morning if the paint store got the right info.

Comment

Pearson it is.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
        Pearson it is.
        do you mean, "Pearson it is", or "Pearson it is"?
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I'm a bit surprised if Mel is actually coming to Tech if the rumors are true.

Red must have told him that he is planning on coaching even longer than his current two years remaining on his contract.

I'm just wondering if the BTHC soured on Mel.
          Now all of Michigan's recruits will be heading North

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
            Now all of Michigan's recruits will be heading North
            Heh, funny.

Comment

All signs are pointing towards Pearson, how many people does everyone think Suzanne interviewed?

It seems like a good hire, I just hope she did her due diligence.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                It seems like a good hire, I just hope she did her due diligence.
                This hire will define Suzanne's tenure as AD. I'm sure she didn't take it lightly.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  This hire will define Suzanne's tenure as AD. I'm sure she didn't take it lightly.
                  Unlike Yeo a half-dozen or so times.
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    unlikely it's training. KA 90's are old but they hold what is needed, it could be a charter, and if he was doing training it would be way cheaper to do it less than 400 nm form GFK.
                    Not training...weather mod.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

So from multiple sources, KFAN wasn't completely wrong...Michigan Tech did throw big money at Dean Blais, and he said no...so MTU brought in Mel Pearson and he will be announced as Michigan Tech's 22nd Head Coach. It will be interesting to see who ends up as Mel's assistants and whether or not Ben Johnson decides to commit to Tech based this hire. Expect an announcement next week, probably Monday.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Blais was allegedly offered $300,000

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Blais was allegedly offered $300,000
                          I almost guarantee it was because they knew Blais wouldn't accept, and then MTU could say they tried getting the best. Blais is grooming Guentzel or Hastings to be the next coach at UNO, guaranteed. He's retiring after his contract is up.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I almost guarantee it was because they knew Blais wouldn't accept, and then MTU could say they tried getting the best. Blais is grooming Guentzel or Hastings to be the next coach at UNO, guaranteed. He's retiring after his contract is up.
                            I highly doubt that...It is a raise from his UNO salary and getting Mel Pearson is still a hell of a job.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              I highly doubt that...It is a raise from his UNO salary and getting Mel Pearson is still a hell of a job.
                              Not knocking Mel. But from the get-go the rumor was that the UNO thing was Blais' last run, and he got to groom the next coach. That's all I'm saying. Blais wasn't and isn't going anywhere but the old folks' home when his contract is up.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Not knocking Mel. But from the get-go the rumor was that the UNO thing was Blais' last run, and he got to groom the next coach. That's all I'm saying. Blais wasn't and isn't going anywhere but the old folks' home when his contract is up.
                                I'm not going to say it wasn't a waste of time trying, its not like MTU is bragging about trying, I highly doubt MTU ever admits that Blais was offered anything. I'm sure "officially" Mel was the guy they wanted from the moment Russell resigned. Why would MTU even want to admit that they tried to get Dean and he said no even though they offered him a 20% raise?

Comment

Working...
                                X