Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post

why would he want to transfer to the head coaching job in Houghton when you take a look at the arena? The Ralph is a palace; Houghton is a barn. Fun place to play in as a player, not exactly what I would want as my office. Hougthon is a much smaller town than Grand Forks. It'd be like an assistant coach of a premier high school football program in Texas leaving to go be the head coach of a football team in Idaho. Sure, the outdoors are better in Idaho, but are you leaving for something better?
    What your saying is the big picture and you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
      Thank you we need a present/past Head Coach from a Division One program. Shyiak fits the job perfect, wasnt he interviewed by tech seven years ago.
      I don't know how much input Whitten will have, but didn't he quit on Shyiak a few years ago even though he had to take a demotion to do so?
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
        his salary would be 19 dollars a month?

why would he want to transfer to the head coaching job in Houghton when you take a look at the arena? The Ralph is a palace; Houghton is a barn. Fun place to play in as a player, not exactly what I would want as my office. Hougthon is a much smaller town than Grand Forks. It'd be like an assistant coach of a premier high school football program in Texas leaving to go be the head coach of a football team in Idaho. Sure, the outdoors are better in Idaho, but are you leaving for something better?

Furthermore, Eades is making more as an assistant coach at UND then he would as a head coach at Tech. If you're following the money, no reason to leave. And if you want to wait for a better opportunity, like DU, Minnesota, Michigan, or Notre Dame, then Eades is in a great position to do so.

Face it, Yager will be the head coach of Michigan Tech next year
        I feel that Eades understands the potential that hockey has in the Copper Country, given that he played for UND in the late 70's and early 80's. Suzanne and other sources have gone on the record that salary will not be a factor this time around. If UND wins the NCAA's this year, Eades will have reached the pinnacle at UND, because Hakstol seems to be going nowhere. If I were an assistant in his position I would have a hunger to head my own program. They are committing to an investment to reinvigorate the program.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          I don't know how much input Whitten will have, but didn't he quit on Shyiak a few years ago even though he had to take a demotion to do so?
          Why would they keep Whitten around if he wasnt a major factor in the big picture?

Comment

Why would they keep Whitten around if he wasnt a major factor in the big picture?
            I feel Whitten may move into a hockey operations role, much like he had at Michigan State.
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

exactly. He's going to have some amount of input into who gets hired.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                I feel Whitten may move into a hockey operations role, much like he had at Michigan State.
                Hopefully the huskies will develop a hockey operations position.

Comment

Does that mean somebody from MSU Spartans would be in high consideration ie Brian Renfrew who is Associate coach under Rick Comley and has been an assistant at NMU and UAA.

Comment

I actually believe he will get very little. The search committee will be heading up most of that effort and the final decision will probably come as an agreement from Suzanne and Les.

Comment

I actually believe he will get very little. The search committee will be heading up most of that effort and the final decision will probably come as an agreement from Suzanne and Les.
                      Do you know who is on the search committee?

Comment

Do you know who is on the search committee?
                        I know at least one person.

Comment

Even look at guys like Doug Woog, and Craig Dahl.
                          HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You canNOT be serious!
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You canNOT be serious!
                            I guess my point is look for somebody that has an established head coaching resume in college hockey.

We missed Jeff Jackson and Dean Blais who both went to the NHL and back into college hockey.

Comment

right. but IF there was a reason Whitten couldn't stand working for Shyiak and quit his job behind the bench to become MSU's travel coordinator or whatever, it's not going to be kept a secret from Suzanne... assuming 1) Shyiak wants the job, 2) Tech wants to interview him, and 3) Damon didn't just quit to move back to civilization, which is more likely.
                              Mostly, I'm looking for a reason not to go sideways on this hire. If we're going to hire Shyiak, we might as well have kept Jamie IMO. I'm looking for a successful coach, meaning winning more than half your games. He might be a great guy who's a lot of fun and all, but we've been there.

Comment

right. but IF there was a reason Whitten couldn't stand working for Shyiak and quit his job behind the bench to become MSU's travel coordinator or whatever, it's not going to be kept a secret from Suzanne... assuming 1) Shyiak wants the job, 2) Tech wants to interview him, and 3) Damon didn't just quit to move back to civilization, which is more likely.
                                Mostly, I'm looking for a reason not to go sideways on this hire. If we're going to hire Shyiak, we might as well have kept Jamie IMO. I'm looking for a successful coach, meaning winning more than half your games. He might be a great guy who's a lot of fun and all, but we've been there.
                                Yes I would like somebody that has lots of wins where they coached. In reality with the future landscape of Midwest college hockey is going to have a major influence on who coaches tech.

Comment

Working...
                                X