Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

I don't believe basically anything said about this because the AD isn't talking and the coaches aren't talking either. If they did and didn't get the job they'd have egg on their face.
    You have to understand the sports radio people are not about facts, they are about ratings. Just like sean hannity, or bill o'reilley, or that idiot rush, no facts are required.

I also think the job will pay a salary commensurate with the qualifications. Whatever that might be.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Interesting connection between former MTU coach Newell Brown and Dean Blais I hadn't realized.

Also, a great article on Blais (and UNO). Whether there is any truth to Blais being interested or not, it was about as good advertising for the job as Tech could ever hope to get, that arguably the best coach in college hockey is interested; if nothing else maybe it was a great marketing plan by Sanregret.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...blais_0243.htm

http://leoadambiga.wordpress.com/201...-dreaming-big/

One item to note is that although UNO is drawing on average 6500-7000 fans, it only fills half their arena which the article also notes doesn't make for a great atmosphere; also the rink is 15 minutes from campus.
      Last edited by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS; 04-12-2011, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
        Interesting connection between former MTU coach Newell Brown and Dean Blais I hadn't realized.

Also, a great article on Blais (and UNO). Whether there is any truth to Blais being interested or not, it was about as good advertising for the job as Tech could ever hope to get, that arguably the best coach in college hockey is interested; if nothing else maybe it was a great marketing plan by Sanregret.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...blais_0243.htm

http://leoadambiga.wordpress.com/201...-dreaming-big/

One item to note is that although UNO is drawing on average 6500-7000 fans, it only fills half their arena which the article also notes doesn't make for a great atmosphere; also the rink is 15 minutes from campus.
        They are building an 8000 seat arena on campus.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          I don't believe basically anything said about this because the AD isn't talking and the coaches aren't talking either. If they did and didn't get the job they'd have egg on their face.
          Yes, the AD talked about the canidates without saying any names in the article on Friday April 8.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            They are building an 8000 seat arena on campus.
            Brilliant, any other news flashes?

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
              Yes, the AD talked about the canidates without saying any names in the article on Friday April 8.
              No she said nothing about the Candidates not canidates, only that there was a lot of interest, that is not the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Really, it's patently ridiculous that Blais is even being discussed. Assuming he wanted the job, his buyout would be massive as was just mentioned. Tech just bought out the last year of Russell's deal (or he "resigned" if that's what you want to believe), and even assuming they got some donations, they will be very lucky to be able to offer anyone five years at $175,000.

The reality is that so little information is out there, that people like the KFAN radio crew will take any wild rumor and run with it on a slow news day.
                The Minnesota people know more then the Yoopers about huskies hockey.

Comment

You are a jack***. Can you please go take a potty break and give the boards a rest for a while. Thanks much.

Comment

Yeah, right.

I'll tell you what. If Blais is announced as our next coach, I'll switch NHL allegiances for one season and actively root for a team other than the Wings next year. The team would be chosen by a public poll on the Cafe side.

You all have my word. Hell, I'd even buy some of TBD team's apparel. That's how much stock I put not only in this rumor, but Tech actually getting him even if he has "shown interest".

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Yeah, right.

I'll tell you what. If Blais is announced as our next coach, I'll switch NHL allegiances for one season and actively root for a team other than the Wings next year. The team would be chosen by a public poll on the Cafe side.

You all have my word. Hell, I'd even buy some of TBD team's apparel. That's how much stock I put not only in this rumor, but Tech actually getting him even if he has "shown interest".
                      Even if he does have some interest, Tech will MNS it somehow.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Not sure if Eades, Blais or Rolston are the guys or not, but I do know that Tech is willing to pay the "right coach" 150-175K a year plus benefits. Which shows that Tech is serious this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by buffer side View Post
                          Not sure if Eades, Blais or Rolston are the guys or not, but I do know that Tech is willing to pay the "right coach" 150-175K a year plus benefits. Which shows that Tech is serious this time around.
                          Welcome to the boards, not a bad first post! Tech fan? I'm almost positive the only one out of the 3 you listed that would even consider the MTU job is Eades.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

They'll get ripped for it one way or another. Can't make everyone happy.

How many college head coach openings are there? Tech, Penn State?, Providence?

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Even if he does have some interest, Tech will MNS it somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                              They'll get ripped for it one way or another. Can't make everyone happy.

How many college head coach openings are there? Tech, Penn State?, Providence?
                              and Massachusetts-Lowell
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by buffer side View Post
                                Well, sort of. It's not like it's a $100,000 raise, but we all knew that Tech can't afford that. Still, that's not bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X