Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech needs a new coach, what do you say Cary Eades?

Originally posted by 3W View Post
    I don't want to do too much speculating, but let me throw a name out there just for kicks.

Jim Crawford.

He wins hockey games, he could recruit Ben Johnson, and you probably only need to pay him in Labatt's and cigars.

What do you think, geezer? :P
    I joked about this awhile ago. He's the highly respected elder stateman of MI HS hockey coaches, and that's the perfect job for him. If you knew him, you'd know why I said I "joked" about him ever moving on. He's a great guy, but even if he wasn't nearly Red's age, it's impossible to imagine him coaching in college. I can't even see him in D-3. But yeah, the Labatt's incentive might do it.
    I hear he scares the crap out of his players, so Johnson would probably head to Alaska if they hired him.

another word "out of the paint store": the current players love Whitten, and hope the new regime will find a spot for him on staff.
    Last edited by geezer; 04-02-2011, 09:37 PM.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      this
      Ok, I may be showing my age, but I've seen "This" enough times now that I have to ask what it means. I get the drift it is a way showing support for a previously stated opinion but I'm curious what it is really all about.

Ryan J
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        I get the drift it is a way showing support for a previously stated opinion
        This

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          I get the drift it is a way showing support for a previously stated opinion
          Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          This
          This

Comment

Originally posted by 3W View Post
            I don't want to do too much speculating, but let me throw a name out there just for kicks.

Jim Crawford.

He wins hockey games, he could recruit Ben Johnson, and you probably only need to pay him in Labatt's and cigars.

What do you think, geezer? :P
            sorry no offense, but Jim Crawford is in no way qualified to coach a WCHA team, NO... WAY.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

another word "out of the paint store": the current players love Whitten, and hope the new regime will find a spot for him on staff.[/QUOTE]

Yes most of us fans love him too. He's a hard worker, knows hockey etc. If you take a look a lot of the changes jamie has installed as the year went by, especially as it relates to how Tech approached the game, were his ideas.He's innovative and smart. He could be a good head coach and fairly soon.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

There should be no issue keeping Damon Whitten.

Most coaching changes mean the head coach and the associate coach are
                brought in.

The second assistant normally eases the transition and is a member of the current
                staff.

I think the Whitten hire was a very good one. He doesn't deserve to be sent packing.

I think the next coach will keep him on staff to ease the transition with the team.

How soon do you think after the Frozen Four everybody, will we know who the next coach is????

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                  How soon do you think after the Frozen Four everybody, will we know who the next coach is????
                  The thinking was that an announcement would come anytime after May 1st. I would guess that we'll know by the second or third week of May.

Comment

My guess on a hiring process is that they'll have it posted for two weeks, a week of phone interviews for about 10 candidates, followed by a week of onsite interviews with final 3-5 candidates. So we should hear during the week of May 8th.
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                      How's the progress? Remind him he wins the Kero recruiting battle if he comes to Tech.
                      It's going as well as can be expected considering his team is still playing. We've had a few emails back and forth and if I get the chance on thursday, he will be surprised by my $200 investment in the future of the program! I'll post pictures of phase II of operation Catch-22 sometime thursday or friday.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I like Whitten too. maybe ...

Brad Stevens started as a volunteer coach at Butler.

just saying.
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          It's going as well as can be expected considering his team is still playing. We've had a few emails back and forth and if I get the chance on thursday, he will be surprised by my $200 investment in the future of the program! I'll post pictures of phase II of operation Catch-22 sometime thursday or friday.
                          Sounds good; probably is more than what Tech is doing. I still think they believe the best will come calling.

Comment

Sounds good; probably is more than what Tech is doing. I still think they believe the best will come calling.
                            I think they realize their job opening isn't that attractive right now...at least until they tell the best candidates that money isn't an issue.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I think old alums think that. I do not believe Suzanne thinks that. How can you say this one time and then say Mel would?

Salary info is not that hard to get for a public institutions. It's readily available on campus, though it would not have bonus or other incentives.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                                I think old alums think that. I do not believe Suzanne thinks that. How can you say this one time and then say Mel would?

Salary info is not that hard to get for a public institutions. It's readily available on campus, though it would not have bonus or other incentives.
                                Um, finding out how much Russell was paid is easy, finding out how much MTU is willing to pay his replacement is not...

Comment

Working...
                                X